Last year, in the month of August, Android 7.0 Nougat was released and now it has already got updated to Android 7.1, thanks to Google’s new Pixel smartphones. Since, the release of Nougat, both 7.0 and 7.1 are running on most number of devices, particularly on Motorola, Samsung, HTC devices.
But users are facing several problems after updating their Android to Nougat. We don’t say Android 7.0 or 7.1 upgrade is absolutely not useful, you can find Android 7.0 has got some amazing features, but yes it is true that every new thing have some bugs and that needs to be fixed.
We have searched the internet and we have found so many signs of Nougat problems.
Here Find Out The Real Android Nougat Users Problems
Extreme Battery Drain after Nougat Update
Is anyone having serious battery drain after the nougat update? My phone went from great battery life to awful. I am charging at least twice a day if not more now. I have tried the below steps to troubleshoot and nothing has helped. Even with the phone in Max power saving mode the battery still drains in my pocket.
-Wiping cache partition
-Installing Package Disabler Pro to disable bloatware
I took it to a Samsung rep at Best Buy and his only suggestion was “wait for a patch, or upgrade to an S8”. Below is a screenshot, took it off the charger less than two hours ago with very light use only on Instagram and I only have 3 hours left on the battery? Any help would be appreciated!!!
– Original Post from Android Central Forums
Similarly, there have been several users out there encountering different types of problems on their Android running on Nougat 7 or 7.1.
So, from the several Nougat problems we have listed the most common Android Nougat problems and their solutions.
Just go through them, I hope you might get the solutions for your Nougat problems or issues.
Additional Reading: How to fix the worst issues in Android 5.0 Lollipop
Most Common Android Nougat Problems And Their Fixes
Jump to Section:
- Problem #1: Fast & Quick Battery Drain
- Problem #2: Wi-Fi And Bluetooth Connectivity Problem
- Problem #3: Ambient Display Not Working
- Problem #4: Random Reboots & Bootloops
- Problem #5: Camera Freeze and Show Purple and Pink Vertical Lines
- Problem #6: Charging Problem
- Problem #7: Lagging, Hanging and Performance Issue
- Problem #8: Unstable or Crashing App
- Problem #9: Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
- Problem #10: Data Loss Problem
Problem #1: Fast & Quick Battery Drain
Fast & quick battery drain is the most major problems that are faced by so many Android 7.0 Nougat users.
Solutions: How to fix fast battery drain issue on Android Nougat
Below find out the solution on how to solve fast battery drain issue on Android Nougat.
- The first thing you should do – simply reduce the display brightness and screen lock time.
- Turn OFF mobile data, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when not needed and also close unwanted apps running in the background and uninstall unwanted apps that you do not use.
- Second thing you should do –check battery saver is enabled on your device or not. If not, then enable it from battery settings menu.
- And finally check for battery optimization option. Go to Setting>Battery and tap on 3 vertical dots. This will display the battery optimization option. Now check if any app has opted out of battery saver feature. Tap on 3 dots and select Reset app preference. Hope this might fix the problem for you.
Problem #2: Wi-Fi And Bluetooth Connectivity Problem
Some of the Pixel and Nexus phone users are facing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity issue in Android 7.0 Nougat.
Solutions: How to Fix Wi-Fi And Bluetooth Connectivity Problem on Nougat
Below you can find out the basic solution on how to fix Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity issue on Nougat:
Note: Before following below solutions, make sure the problem is with Nougat only. Check with other devices and see if Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are still creating the same issue. If not, then it is confirmed that the problem is within your device or OS.
- The first thing you should do – Switch OFF your phone and wait for few seconds or 1 minute and then Switch it ON and check if the problem is solved.
- The second thing you should do – disable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and then again enable them and see if it has fixed the issue.
- The third thing you should do – When connecting to Wi-Fi, try to forget the network and then reconnect them. Go to Settings> More > Network settings reset > Reset settings. May be this can fix the issue.
- And, finally perform factory reset, if none of the solutions work for you. Remember factory reset will erase all data from your device hence, you must backup & restore everything before performing factory reset. To do factory reset go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset and select to erase all data.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Android Data after Factory Reset!
Problem #3: Ambient Display Not Working
This is another very common issue mostly faced by the Google Pixel users – the Ambient display not working or display does not TURN ON when any notifications come through. The PIXEL and PIXEL XL does not have “wake” feature – the Ambient Display notifications will only turn ON only when you pick up your phone. But some users are not seeing anything at all even after picking up the phone.
Solutions: How to Fix Ambient Display Not Working on Nougat
Below you can find few solutions that will help you solve the Ambient Display not working on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – perform factory reset of your device as, to Settings > Back up & reset > Factory data reset. Factory reset will erase entire data from the device so backup before performing factory reset.
- The second thing you should do – contact support team and get a replacement unit. For this go to Settings, swipe left in order to get Support tab that will help you to get a replacement unit.
- And, finally you can download Ambi-Turner app from play store which will Turn ON the display as and when you pick up the phone or when you take the device out of your pocket.
Problem #4: Random Reboots & Bootloops
This is another issue that is generally faced by most of the Nexus users. Fond out the real user’s issue – Nexus 5x random reboots after ota nougat upgrade and Google says it is a hardware issue.
Some Nexus users have claimed that their device is rebooting for no reasons and some Nexus 5X users have reported that their device is frequently booting in recovery mode instead of standard mode.
Solutions: How to Fix Random Reboots & Bootloops on Nougat
Below you can follow some workarounds that will help you to solve random reboots & bootloops on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – simply Switch OFF the phone, remove the battery and wait for few seconds or a minute and then insert the battery and TURN ON the device and see if problem is fixed or not. However, this solution is temporary and not permanent.
- And, finally it is suggested that you must take your phone to the store (or service center) from where you have purchased the phone and if the phone is under warranty then you can replace you device with another one.
Additional Reading: How to Fix Boot Loop Issue on Android without Losing Data
Problem #5: Camera Freeze and Show Purple and Pink Vertical Lines
This issue is particularly faced by Pixel & Pixel XL users – where when user launch camera app, it start to freeze and display purple and pink vertical lines on the screen and it does not allow you to click any pictures.
Solutions: How to Fix Camera Issue on Nougat
One solution is that you can go for replacement, however, there are some solutions that you can apply to fix Camera freezing and other issues on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – reboot or Switch OFF and Switch ON your device, may be this can fix your problem.
- The second thing you should do – Turn ON the Airplane mode and also turn OFF location, because sometimes connectivity issue lead to such problem. Now check if your camera is working normally.
- The third thing you should do – Install open camera app from play store. This has solved the problem for many users.
- And, finally you can Turn OFF battery optimization feature for Camera and Google Photos app from Settings > Battery and select the 3 vertical dots.
Problem #6: Charging Problem
Charging problem has also been one of the common issue and many users are experiencing it on device running on Android Nougat 7.0 and 7.1. According to one Nexus 5X user – charging has stopped after receiving Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA.
Solutions: How to Fix Charging Issue on Nougat
Below you can find few solutions that could help you to solve charging issue on Android Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – make sure you are using the original charger that has came with the device for charging your device. Do not use non-original charger or third party charger.
- The second thing you should do – if you are charging your device with wall charger, then switch it to USB and charge your phone from computer or laptop.
Additional Reading: [Fixed]: “Android Black Screen Of Death” Issue
Problem #7: Lagging, Hanging and Performance Issue
Lagging , hanging and performance issue has also been noticed by many users after updating their device to Nougat. Here find out user facing – Phone hangs/Lagging after Updating to Nougat.
Solutions: How to Fix Lagging, hanging and Performance Issue on Nougat
Below you can find out some solutions that can help you to solve lagging and performance issue on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – Check RAM Manager Tool that comes with Android Nougat 7.0. This tool will allow you to check what is making your device to run slow. You can access this tool under Settings > Memory.
- The second thing you should do – if your device is full with unwanted data like photos, videos, etc, then delete or move those files to another external device. Deleting the data will free up some space and thereby your device will not hang or freeze.
- The third thing you should do – install Qualcomm’s Trepn Profiler app from play store. This app keeps an eye to device’s CPU activity.
- And, finally, you can perform a factory reset.
Problem #8: Unstable or Crashing App
Apps crash after Android N upgrade is another issue that is reported by several users after they updated their device to Nougat.
Solutions: How to Fix Unstable or Crashing App on Nougat
Though it is small issue but for normal users it can be big problem and they may get frustrated and annoyed. Below find out few solution that can help you to fix App crashing on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – simply uninstall and re-install the app which is creating the problem. But before uninstalling the app you must backup the data for that specific app.
- The second thing you should do – clear cache and data of the app creating the issue. May be this can help you to fix the problem. Go to Settings> Apps> Look for the app creating the issue> tap on it. You can see the clear cache and clear data option.
- And, finally, if above mentioned solution fails then perform factory reset on your device.
Additional Reading: How to Recover Data from Screen Broken Android Phone/Tablet
Problem #9: Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
There are many users out there have reported that they are not able to get mobile data service on their device after updating it to Nougat. Check out one real user example – Mobile Data Connectivity Issues after Nougat update (device OnePlus 3).
Solutions: How to Fix Mobile Data Connectivity Issues on Nougat
When user get mobile connectivity issue on their phone, they usually contact their carrier, but before you contact your carrier below find out some solution that may help you to fix mobile data connectivity issues on Nougat:
- The first thing you should do – Switch OFF your phone, wait for few seconds and then switch it ON. You can also Reboot your device. May this fix can help you connect mobile data on your device.
- The second thing you should do – Enable Airplane mode, it will disconnect all the connection. Now disable Airplane mode and check if problem is solved.
- The third thing you should do – disable cellular data or LTE option on your device from Setting option and then TURN them ON and check if this fix your issue.
- And, finally if all solution fails, then perform a factory reset on your phone.
Additional Reading: Five Common Nexus Android 6.0 Issues & How to Fix Them
Problem #10: Data Loss Problem
There have been many users out there facing data loss problem after Android 7.0 or 7.1 update.
Solutions: How to Recover Data After 7.0 Nougat Update
- Check your Google drive. If you have synced your photos, videos contacts, then you can check your Gmail account or Google Drive for photos, videos or contacts.
- Or you can also use recommended Nougat Data Recovery software, to restore entire data such as photos, videos, contacts, SMS, whatsApp data, notes, voice recordings, audio, documents files and more.
So, those were common but most occurring Android 7.0 Nougat problems and there solutions. If you are encountering any of the above mentioned issues, then you can follow the respective solution or steps to fix the issue. However, if your phone is under warranty, then you can go for replacement.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.