Learn Simple And Easy Way To Clear Browsing History From Chrome, Firefox, UC Browser on Android!
Today, with the easy availability of Internet on the smartphone, our life has become easier than earlier. Now we can surf Internet from any corner of the world. But just like our PC’s web browser, Android phone’s browser also keeps a history of the sites that we visit.
However, we must clear browsing history on Android phone because of various reasons such as:
- To avoid others to see our browsing history.
- When you want to sell your phone but do not want them to see our history.
- To free up internal space as browsing history consume lots of memory space and it slows down the device performance.
Hence, it is always safe to clean your browsing history at regular interval. Though this process of cleaning browser history is easy, but still there are many users out there may have question on how to delete or clear browsing history on Android phone or tablet and protect our privacy.
Well, below we have discussed few different methods to clear Android phone’s browsing history. Just check them and follow the steps.
Additional Reading: How to Permanently Delete Recent Call History on Android Phone
How to clear UC Browser browsing history on Android?
UC Browser – the world’s most popular and widely used browser in Android phone. There are millions and billions of users out there using this browser in their phone. So, in this section you will learn about how to delete or clear history from Google Chrome on Android.
Just follow the steps below:
- Launch UC browser on your phone and tap on Menu.
- After this, click on Settings gear icon in UC browser.
- Scroll down and tap on “Clear Records”.
- You will now be given with the option to clear history and other options. Simply tick mark “History” and click on Clear.
All your browsing history in UC browser is deleted, saving the memory space as well as protecting your privacy.
Additional Reading: 3 Ways For Mirroring Android Screen To PC and Mac
How to clear Chrome Browsing History on Android?
Google Chrome is a default browser of an Android device and many users use it to surf internet. So, in this section you will learn about how to delete or clear history from Google Chrome on Android.
Just follow the steps below:
- Launch Google Chrome on your phone, tap on three dots located at the top right side and click on Settings.
- The setting Menu will be displayed to you.
- Simply click on “history” to view your browsing history.
- At the bottom of the history page, you can see “Clear Browsing Data”, simply tap on it.
- After tapping on Clear Browsing Data, you will get the following option as shown in the image below.
- From the drop down menu at the top, you will have option of the duration of which you want to clear history. The available options are past hour, past day, past week or beginning of the time. Select the option “the beginning of time” and checkmark “clear browsing history & clear download history” and click on “Clear browsing data”.
After this, your browsing history from Google Chrome will be deleted. This is one of the simple and easy ways to clear chrome browsing history on Android.
Additional Reading: Top 10 Apps to Unlock Android SIM
How to clear Mozilla Firefox browsing history on Android?
Many users also uses Firefox browser on their Android phone. So, in this section, you will learn about how to delete or clear history from Mozilla Firefox on Android.
Just follow the steps below:
- Launch Firefox on your phone, click on three dots located at the top right of the browser.
- After this click on “Settings” and it will display the setting menu.
- Scroll down and click on “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Now select the options that you want to clear. You should select “Browsing History” & “Search History” and then click on “Clear Data”.
After this, your all browsing history from Firefox browser will get deleted. This is one of the simple and easy ways to clear Firefox browsing history on Android.
Additional Reading: 4 Ways to Wipe Android Phone to Secure Your Privacy
How to Clear/Delete Search Results Altogether At Once?
The users also have option to clear all browsing history and al activities altogether at once.
How to do that?
Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit Google “My Activity” page and login with your Gmail id and password.
- After logging, just click on three dots located on the top right corner.
- And then click on “Delete Activity By”.
- You will now have the option to select time line – Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days or All Time. Select “All Time” and tap on “Delete” option.
- On confirmation, click OK.
Now all the activities will get deleted in a moment. This is very easy method to wipe all the history from Android Google account in just one click.
Additional Reading: 45 Google Play Store Error Codes: How To Fix Them on Android
How to Permanently Clear Browsing History on Android?
This is another very simple and easy way to wipe all data permanently from Android device including browsing history, username, password and other information from web browser on Android. With the help of Android Data Eraser, you can permanently clear browsing history as well as you can permanently delete photos, videos, calls, messages, call history, contacts from Android phone and tablet.
Even the data recovery software will not be able to recover them back. So, using Data Eraser for Android guarantees that your privacy is safely guarded by permanently deleting the deleted files, clearing browsing history, caches, cookies and protecting all your private information.
Steps to Clear Browsing History on Android
Step 1: Connect Your Android Device (phone or tablet) To Computer
Launch Android Data Eraser on your computer. And select 'Erase' option among all the available module.
After this connect your Android phone to Computer via USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone. If your phone is running on Android OS version 4.2.2 or above, then it will pop-up message on your phone asking you to allow USB debugging. Simply Tap on OK to continue.
Step 2: Start Erasing Your Android Device
After this, Data Eraser will detect and connect your Android phone automatically. Next click on “Erase All Data” button to start the process of deleting all your data permanently.
Note: The erased data is not recoverable, hence, you must make sure that you have kept the backup of all the required data.
To confirm the erasing process, simply type “delete” and click on “erase now”.
Now, Data Eraser for Android will start erasing all the data on your Android device. The whole process of wiping out data completely takes just few minutes. While the deleting process is in progress, it is recommended that you must not disconnect your phone or open any other app on your PC.
Step 3: Finally, Perform Factory Data Reset on Your Android Device
After all the data such as photos, videos, contacts, messages, app data, browsing history and all other privacy data have been totally deleted, Data Eraser will ask you to tap on Factory Data Reset or Erase All Data on the phone. This will ensure in complete deletion of all the settings on the phone.
Now your Android phone has been completely wiped out and it is now like a brand new phone.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Retrieve Data from an Encrypted SD Card after Android Factory Reset?
- [Solved] “No Command” Error In Recovery Mode On Android
- How to View and Recover Hidden Files on Android?
- How to Remove or Bypass Android Screen Locks – [PIN, Pattern, Password or Fingerprints]
Bonus Tip: Staying Private – Use Incognito Mode In Your Browser
In order to stay private you can use private browsing or incognito mode. Most of the browsers run a private or incognito mode. This is called private browsing in Mozilla and incognito mode in Chrome and UC browser.
If you browse the site in private or incognito mode, it will not be logged by the browsers and your history list will remain empty.
But, how to enable private or incognito mode?
Well, just follow the steps mentioned below:
For UC Browser:
Open UC browser on your phone and tap on Menu icon and then tap on “Incognito” icon displayed as mask logo.
After this you can surf internet and your browsing and search history will not be recorded.
Additional Reading: How To Secure Android: 10 Tips for Securing Your Phone/Tablet
For Google Chrome:
To enable incognito mode in Chrome, you have to click the Menu button and then tap on the “New incognito mode”.
For Mozilla Firefox:
To enable private mode in Firefox, you have to tap Menu button and then tap on “New private tab”. The browser will open the new private tab wit mask logo that tells that you are in private browsing mode.
So, those were some easy methods to clear browsing history on different web browser on Android such as UC browser, Chrome and Firefox and I hope it would work great for you. But in case if you have any difficulty, then you can always use Android Data Eraser to permanently delete browsing history from your different web browsers on Android device.