Lots of new features have been brought up in new Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates to the Nexus users. However, along with the updates, it has also brought some problems too. Keeping these features in mind, let us also learn some common problems in Nexus Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
It has been observed that Nexus device owners have been facing lots of issues like battery-life, installation problems, charging problems, random reboots and so on. Let’s know about all the problems one by one and also know how to fix them:
Android 6.0 installation issues
Random freezes and crashes during the Android 6.0 installation or upgrade is the most common issue observed by Nexus users. If you are one of them then you can simply try discharging the battery completely until it is dead, then recharge it to 100% and then you can try updating again. Before restarting the installation process, just try to erase the cache partition of the device.
Follow the steps below how to solve this issue:
- At first, press and hold power and volume buttons at the same time until the device reboots and it gets past the Google screen.
- Now you have to wait until you find a large arrow at the very top of the screen.
- Now just tap Volume Down button repeatedly until you get the recovery mode screen with arrow sign. Now tap the power button.
- Now you will get an Android on its back with its chest open and it will also show a red triangle with an exclamation mark on the screen.
- While holding the power button just tap Volume up button and then simply release the power button.
- A complete list of items will be pop up at the top of the screen.
- Now simply tap the Volume down button until you get the option to erase or wipe the cache partition and then simply again tap Power button to start the process.
- Lots of status messages should appear at the bottom of the screen. Now you just have to wait for 10-15 minutes for the process in order to complete the process and then you can now restart the Nexus device.
Android 6.0 performance issues
When your device starts random shuttering and frequent lags after the update then you can simply clear the cache partition of the device and quit unwanted apps which are not in use. You can also minimize the widgets that are popping up on your home screen.
Android 6.0 App crashes and random reboots
If you face random reboots and app crashes issues then it might be possible the there is some corrupted file or incompatible versions are installing on the device. In order to fix this issue, you can simply update your apps on a regular basis and then clear up App data and cache by going to Settings then Apps and then you can select clear data and cache. If it doesn’t work then you can also do a factory reset and try downgrading from Android 6.0 to Android 5.0.
Android 6.0 charging issues
Most of the Nexus users are facing charging issues where the most common reasons could be a faulty charger or may be due to improper charging cycles. So, always charge the battery until it is 10%. Do not ever recharge your device when there is charge so that you can work for few minutes. Do not make use of faulty charger or you can also make use of USB cable if the charger you got is faulty.
Android 6.0 data connectivity issues
Data connectivity or broken 3G/LTE are another most common issue with the Nexus devices after software update. You can simply fix this issue by placing your device in Flight Mode and then you can turn it off. Or, you can also remove the SIM card from the device and then put it back because it will help you restore broken connections on your device.
These are some of the most common issues Nexus users are facing after updating to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However, if you ever face other issues like data corruption or data loss then you can make use of Android Data Recovery software in order to recover data from Android 6.0.