Are you looking for a solution which can help you to get rid of Android errors like “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” or “Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped” error message?
Are you aware of the fact that why such error occurs on your device?
If your answer is ‘NO’ then I have a solution for both these errors. For that, you have to read this blog carefully and completely. Because here you will be guided about how to fix “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” and “Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped” error.
So let us begin with but it is also important to know something about the errors.
About error message “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped”
This error message states that user should know that the default contacts manager has crashed. When people try to make calls or receive a call or open phone app then it occurs. Not only this, but such error may come across anytime while using your android device.
In addition, when any other app is linked with the contacts app then also there is a chance that you can see “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” error message. Here the thing is that you cannot alone judge whether the problem is through the app or is linked with other apps to popup such message.
About “Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped” error
This error is yet another irritating problem, which is generally faced by several android users. Many of them without knowing the reason start to find the solution. But wait a minute, here it is important to know the reason behind such error.
When you access your device, some or the other apps don’t respond and it means that the app or software has crashed. The same error is with every Android devices where users has to face “Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped” error message.
One thing, which can be considered in this situation, is that when software crash then it means that device software is not working properly and smoothly like other normal devices.
Now, what can be the solutions to get rid of such Android error? Well here is a list of some best methods that will work to solve both the error that come across on your Android phone.
Best methods to fix “Unfortunately, Contacts/Android keyboard has stopped” error message
Solution 1: Restart your device
Restarting your device when you encounter any type of error message can solve the problem. In fact this is one of the easy and effective solution to get rid of the problem. Even several users have reported it to be the best option. Follow the steps to move ahead:
- Go to settings menu
- Then in the Apps section, click on Application manager and go to “All” tab
- Here you have to look for Contacts/ Android keyboard and hit on it
- After that click on Force stop to stop the app as per your error
Those users who have solved the problem following the steps, for them it’s a good option whereas many of them reported that the issue returns again.
So if the error is not solved in this method then move to the next method.
Solution 2: Clear cache and data of Contacts app/Android Keyboard
Many times clearing cache and data of the app can solve the issue because there is possibility that the problem might occur due to corrupt files or bugs. If the problem is due to app then this method is enough to solve the problem.
So it is recommended to follow this method seriously to get away of such error message on your android device.
- First, go to Home screen and click on Apps icon
- Now go to Settings and scroll down to click on Applications
- Here tap on Application manager
- Swipe tab to get “ALL” tab option
- Now look here for Contacts/Android keyboard and click on any one that you face
- After that click on Clear Cache and then Clear Data
- At last, hit on OK button to confirm
As the process is over, restart your device and look if the issue is resolved or not. If not, then move to next method.
- Fix “Unfortunately, Phone Has Stopped” Error on Samsung Galaxy S9
- 8 Methods to Solve Unfortunately “android.process.acore has stopped” Error on Android
- Fix ‘Unfortunately, My Files has stopped’ Message on Android
- Working Solutions To Fix “Unfortunately, Messaging Has Stopped” Error on Android
- 100% Fixed: How To Fix “Unfortunately, Bluetooth has stopped” Error on Android
Solution 3: Update your device software
When your device software is not up to date then you might face lots of problem. But keeping your device’s software up to date means that all the apps will run properly. Remember that updating your device also means that all bugs or malware will be fixed.
So to check whether your device needs update or not, follow the steps:
- First, go to Settings option and click on About Device
- Now click on Software Update
- Your device will now check for any new updates.
If any update is available, it will show you otherwise note.
Solution 4: Run your device in Safe Mode
Following this method means to know the exact cause of the problem whether it is due to third party apps or not. Restarting your device in safe mode means all the downloaded apps will be disabled. If any error does not show in this mode then it will be clear that the issue is because of the installed apps on your device.
Now follow the steps to restart your device in safe mode:
- Press and hold the power button until the power menu appears on the screen
- Here press the power button and continue it until a popup occurs stating if you want to restart your device in “Safe Mode”
- Click on OK to confirm and your device will restart in “Safe Mode”
After the device starts, you can see whether the problem is solved or not. If not then the next thing which you should do is to find the app which is creating problem because now its clear that any third party app is the culprit.
So disable to apps that you have installed recently one by one and find out whether the issue is solved or not. Check one by one and reboot your device so that problem can be solved. When you find out the culprit, uninstall it completely.
Solution 5: Wipe cache partition
If still the problem exist, then its time to go after system caches. All these are some temporary files that is created by firmware ad it helps to run your device smoothly. But sometimes due to corruption, the performance issue occur including apps crashes. Therefore, it is important to wipe cache partition by following the below steps:
- First, press and hold the Volume Up button and Home button
- After that press and hold power key until the device logo appears and then release power key
- Here you can see the Android system recovery menu option
- By pressing volume down key, you have to move to “wipe cache partition”
- Press power key to select
- When wipe cache partition is over, ‘Reboot system now’ will occur
- At last, press the power key to restart the device
Solution 6: Reset to Factory Settings
If you still face the same error even after following all the above methods then the only solution left is to do factory reset. This will help you to bring back the device software to its normal state that was at the time of buying.
But one thing which you should know is that doing factory reset will delete every data from device and even the third party apps will also be wiped away. So, it is recommended to create a backup of all your essential data and after that follow the below steps to reset your device to factory settings:
- Go to Settings and click on Backup and Reset
- Tick on the box that allows to backup your Google account
- Now click on Reset Factory settings
- At last, hit on Reset phone
After the process is over, now you can check the problem has resolved or not. Obviously the problem will be fixed but here, you might lose your data if you have not created a backup before.
How to recover lost data after factory reset
If you don’t have backup of your lost data then no need to worry, simply you have to use third party software like Android Data Recovery Software that is recommended by many users as well as professional.
It helps to get back all erased data from Android device without any fail. No matter how you have lost your data or what data you have lost, each and every files can be recovered using this professional software.
So without any worry, simply Download Android Data Recovery tool and bring back your wiped away data from android phones.
The errors that we have discussed in this blog can come to any android user and therefore, it is important to know some preventive ways to fix such errors. I hope that the solutions I have provided will help anyone to get rid of the problem.