It is already known to everybody that no OS is completely error free in this universe and Android OS proves it.
I am saying it because there are many users who come across several issues in their day-to-day life while accessing their Android devices.
There is no chance of second question when talking about Android and its stability because it is known as one of the most popular and trustworthy OS in this entire world.
Though it is famous, still some problem occurs that makes users irritating.
I am talking about ‘android.process.acore has stopped’ error in Android. This is one of the error which many users have already come across and they want some best ways to get rid of it.
I am sure you are not the one facing the same problem and if so, then I am here to help you. This blog will guide you best ways to deal with android.process.acore has stopped error on your Android phone.
Generally such error occurs when any Android users tries to make a phone call or at the time of removing contacts. For that time, you cannot even think what to do to stop receiving such unwanted message.
It stops users to access their device smoothly and due to this, users want it to fix immediately. However, when you go on search for the solutions then you can get several but all does not work.
But whatever solutions I have come up with will give you full satisfaction and relief from unwanted android.process.acore has topped error messages.
I upgrade my hotmail to outlook in my android phone. Now when I try to open any name in my contact list I get a remark as; the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly
How can I recover that?
Part 1: Reason why ‘android.process.acore has stopped’ error occurs?
Before going to any solutions, it is important to know its causes so that in future, you can avoid such things to happen repeatedly. The common reasons include:
- OS or firmware upgrade not done properly
- Custom ROM installation failed
- Not compatible with Android OS version
- Using Titanium backup to restore apps
- Due to system crash
- Not having enough storage space
- Malicious virus attack
Part 2: Backup all your Android data before moving to solution
Well, this is one of the essential steps that every Android users should follow before they go to solve the Android error. Whatever data you have stored on your device, it is important to backup those data with the help of Android Data Backup & Restore software.
This is the simple solution to backup all your data from device. Any type of data that you have saved like photos, videos, contacts, messages, call history and many others is completely safe and secure with this powerful software.
Steps to backup Android data
Step 1: Connect your Android phone to computer
At first, download install and launch Android Data Backup & Restore on your computer and then select Backup & Restore.
After the above step, connect your Android phone to the computer with the use of a USB cable. But it is quite important to make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode on your Android phone. If your Android OS version is above 4.2.2, then remember that there will be a pop-up message display on your phone. Now simply tap on OK so that you can allow USB debugging on your device.
Click Backup to start the backup Android phone data.
Tip: If you have already used this tool to back up your device in the past, then you can simply view your past backup by clicking on 'View backup history'.
Step 2: Select file types to back up
When your Android phone gets connected, then you have to select the file types you want to backup. Remember one thing that Backup & Restore for Android has checked all the file types for you by default. After this, simply click on Backup so that you can begin the backup process.
It will take a few minutes to complete the backup process. So, please do not disconnect your Android phone and also do not use the device or delete any data on the phone when the backup process is in progress.
After the backup process gets over, you can then click on View the backup button to see what is there in the backup file.
Part 3: Best Methods to fix “android.process.acore has stopped” error
Well, after backing up all your crucial data in safe place, now its time to move forward to deal with the error. The below methods are simple to follow and best to help you out from android.process.acore error message.
Method 1: Update your Android OS
The error message that you are receiving might be due to Android OS old version. Therefore you have to update your device OS to get away of such problem. To know whether your Android OS have any updates or not,
- Go to Settings and then ‘About’ screen
- Click on ‘Software update’ option and ‘check for updates’ option
- Now update if any new version is available
- At last, let the phone reboot itself.
Method 2: Remove contacts data from App manager
In this method, all your contacts will be deleted. But you don’t have to worry as you have already backed up your data in safe place.
- First, go to Settings and click on App/ Application manager
- Now open ‘ALL’ tab where all list of applications will be displayed
- Here search and click ‘Contacts’ option
- Then hit on ‘Clear data’ button
- Again go back to application list, here search, and click on ‘Contacts storage’
- At last, press on ‘clear data’ button and restart your phone.
Method 3: Clear system partition cache
Even there is a possibility that user receive such error due to system partition cache. But clearing it has solved the issue for many users. So follow the below steps:
- First, switch off your Smartphone
- Now press and hold Volume up + Power button + Home button all together
- System Recovery mode will be seen on screen
- Now use the volume up or down key to navigate
- Go to wipe cache partition and then click power button to confirm
Method 4: Clear App cache
Well, to fix ‘android.process.acore has stopped’ error message on Android, you should clear app cache of the app that you are getting the problem from. To clear app cache:
- Go to Settings and click on Application manager
- Go down and select the app, which is showing problem
- At last, click on ‘clear cache’ option
Method 5: Switch off Sync for Facebook, then delete, and restore contacts
Step 1: Stop sync settings on Facebook
Go to Settings and select “Accounts”. Then search for “Facebook” and press it. Remove tick mark from “Sync contacts’ option to switch off Facebook sync
Step 2: Remove and restore contacts on Android
Now here delete all contacts by clearing cache of ‘contacts’ and ‘contacts storage’ apps. After everything is over, restart your device and retrieve all contacts without any issue.
Method 6: Reset app preferences
App preference resetting means all the disabled apps will auto enable and will restore to default settings. To do the process, follow the steps:
- First, go to Settings and select Application manager.
- Now open ‘ALL’ tabs where a list of applications will be listed
- Here click on menu option and then on ‘Reset app preferences’.
- Message will occur to confirm the reset and it states ‘You will not lose any app data’
- Here click on ‘Reset Apps’ to confirm reset
- At last, restart your device and is ready to apply new app preferences
Method 7: Uninstall and again reinstall the app
There many times happen that whatever apps you want to download is not compatible to the device and such type of error occurs. So its better to uninstall those apps. Even many times you have to reinstall the app to get rid of the problem.
It is also recommended to keep a backup of your Android apps before you reinstall. After doing these process, it is sure that you will not come across such issues again.
Method 8: Do factory reset of your device
After following all the above methods, if still you face problem in solving the error then it is suggested to do factory reset on your device. This is a risky method because it can erase all your data stored on your device.
If already backed up then its fine otherwise you should backup the data first. Then follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings and click on ‘Backup and Reset’ option
- Now click on factory data reset after which you will be notified saying ‘all data will be erased from device memory including apps, data, music, settings etc
- Press on ‘Reset phone’ option
- After that, you have to follow the instructions and wait until the device is reset to factory default
Well, android.process.acore has stopped is a common issue nowadays which is faced by many Android users and it is also irritating in the sense that it occurs after every 5 seconds. I hope whatever solutions I have guided in this blog for you will help you out to fix the error easily.