Have you ever encountered an error saying “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” on Android after factory reset?
Looking on how to get out of this error from your phone but not getting any way? Don’t worry, simply read this blog carefully and know every possible ways to fix the error “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” after doing factory reset of your device.
Many people have reported about this problem that after doing factory reset of their devices, they have experienced that their Google Play Service/Store is not working or showing error.
But the good news is that there are ways to get out of the situation. If you look practically then the Google Play Service error is not because of your fault. Even it is not by the fault of your device nor your actions but its related to some data loss in the line.
In fact, this is not considered as the error but simply a failure of the process. Let us look at some of the common causes behind the issue.
Reasons for “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” error
Several reasons can conclude to such unexpected error on your device. However, the exact reason for the above error is not yet knows. It completely depends on data transmission technology. It also occurs when making certain changes to settings of Android’s operating system.
To get out of the error, you will need to follow the below mentioned solutions.
So, let us begin with the solution to fix the error.
Solutions to fix “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” error on Android
Solution 1: Reboot your device
When you have come across the error, have you tried restarting your phone once? If no then what are you waiting for?
Immediately restart your phone, as this is one of the simple and effective ways to fix the unknown error. Follow the below steps:
- First, press and hold Power button on your phone until boot-up window is displayed on screen
- Now depending on your phone model, select Restart or Reboot and wait until the process is over
- When your device reboots, now check whether Google Play Service is working or not
Solution 2: Clear Google Play Service app cache
You should know that Google Play Service controls all apps but when they misbehave then it should be resolved by clearing cache option of the service. Follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and click on Apps
- Here from the list, search for Google Play Services or Google Play Store and then click on it
- Now click on Storage
- Then click on “Clear cache” button
- At last, now restart your phone and check whether the error reappears or not
Also Read: How to Fix Google Play Error 498 on Android?
Solution 3: Clear data of Google Play Store
When cache clearing does not resolved the issue then you should move forward and clear data of the Google Play Service. But remember that doing this process will remove all account information such as Google account password and credentials.
Now follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings and then click on Apps
- From the list of apps, search for Google Play Store and click on it
- Now click on “Storage”
- After that, click on “Clear Data” button
- At last, Restart your device and check whether the problem is resolved
Solution 4: Update Google Play Service App
When you face the same situation again and again then you should update your Google Play Service app. Many times when the app is not updated then several kind of error occurs that might trouble you a lot.
So always, ensure that all your apps are up to date to get out of the error.
- Go to Google Play Store from Home screen of your phone
- Now press three-line menu button and then select My Apps from slide-out menu
- Here you will get lots of installed apps along with the uninstalled update apps
- Click on Update All button on screen and wait for some time unless all the apps are updated
- At last, Reboot your device and see whether the error you were coming across was fixed or not
Solution 5: Clear cache of Google Service Framework
You might know that Google Play Store or Google Play Service completely depends on Google Service Framework just to ensure that all your data is synced properly with account and everything is running fine.
Everything is properly checked by Google service Framework like synching of contacts, managing your account and Google Backup.
But when the problem occurs then you should clear the cache of it and see whether the problem is solved or not.
Follow the steps below:
- First, go to Settings and then click on Apps
- After that, click on Menu button
- Then click on Show System to check system apps
- Now from the apps list, search for “Google Services Framework” and then click on it
- After that, click on storage and then click on “Clear Cache”
- At last, restart your phone
- 45 Google Play Store Error Codes: How To Fix Them on Android [Part I]
- 45 Google Play Store Error Codes: How To Fix Them on Android [Part II]
- 45 Google Play Store Error Codes: How To Fix Them on Android [Part III]
- 8 Methods to Solve Unfortunately “android.process.acore has stopped” Error on Android
- [100% Solved]: Android “unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped” Error Message
Solution 6: Add Google account again
Another best solution when you face “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” error on Android is by adding Google account once again. Simply go to Settings, and find Accounts option. Click on it and all account list will be seen that is created on your device.
Select your Google account and click on email address. After that, you will be redirected to the page where all information about Google is available.
You have to search “three points” on screen and click on it. There you will find the option to Remove Account”. Click on it and your account will be erased.
Now you have to re-add your Google account to your device. For that, go to Settings and then on Account. Now click on Add Account and choose Google Account.
After that, you have to input you Gmail and should follow the instructions. Several users have reported about this solution has worked effectively and if you have the same issue then try this method without any worry.
Solution 7: Reset applications preferences
You should also try to reset app preferences of Google Play Services. Simply go to Settings like you go to Application Manager. After that, click on “All” and look for option “More” on screen and then click on it.
Here you will see the menu that contains “Reset Application Preferences” and have to click on it. Now restart your device once and I am sure the message you were getting will not occur again.
Solution 8: Wipe your device cache
As you know that Google Play Services is a framework for all apps running on your phone and obviously, the error would come on your phone. So, to get out of it, the best way is to clear all cache of the apps by simply putting your phone in recovery mode.
In this, you will get the option “Wipe device cache” option. Follow the below steps carefully:
- First, press and hold Power button to turn off your phone
- When the device is switched off then hold Power button along with Volume Up button unless screen boots up
- Doing this will launch stock Recovery Mode that will give you the ability to wipe device cache
- Now using the Volume button, go down and choose Wipe device cache and then wait for the phone to reset
- When device cache has cleaned, Restart your device
Bonus Tip: How to recover data deleted from Android phone
In some cases, it was seen that users loses their important data from their phone while follow the above solutions. If no backup is available then you should use Android Data Recovery software to get back all lost/deleted data from Android phone. This is one of the best and most recommended solution to restore any kind of data deleted due to any reasons from Android phone.
So, all these are some of the best solutions to fix “Unfortunately, Google Play Service has Stopped” error on Android after factory reset. I hope whatever ways are explained in this blog will definitely help to get out of the situation.
In case the above solutions don’t work, then you can suggest some other methods to deal with the error in the below comment section