Snapchat is popular for its enormous features. Users can not only click photos with a wide range of filters but can also share and store their photos, videos, and stories on Snapchat. However, despite its phenomenal features, some users are reporting facing trouble allowing camera access on Snapchat.
Well, if you are also the one, getting troubled with the same problem then stop worrying. Through this blog, we have tried our best to resolve your problem thereby answering your question on how to allow camera access on Snapchat.
But before going directly for the methods, have a quick look over the reasons that restrict the Snapchat app to access the camera.
- App cache- Sometimes overloaded app cache might restrict it from accessing the camera. Hereby, it is necessary to clear your app cache from time to time to avoid getting such issues on the app.
- Outdated app- If the app you are using is not up to date then it might restrict the app to access the camera. Therefore, it is always suggested to use the latest version of the app to avoid facing such types of difficulties on the app.
- The app doesn’t have the grant to access the camera- Also if your Snapchat app doesn’t have permission to access the camera then you won’t be able to click photos using the camera. Therefore, to use the camera you must have to allow the camera access to your Snapchat app.
- App glitch- If there is a bug or glitch in your Snapchat, you might have trouble accessing the camera. Bugs or glitches in the app can trigger various issues on the app and Snapchat won’t able to access camera is one of them.
How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat?
To take snaps on Snapchat you need to allow the camera access on the app. As this will allow Snapchat to access your device camera thereby letting the app take snaps. Therefore, to allow the camera access, you need to follow the below methods as per mentioned:
Method 1: Allow Access Within Snapchat App
You can allow camera access within the Snapchat app. For this you need to just follow the simple steps below:
- Launch the Snapchat
- Next, go to your Profile.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner to open settings.
- Scroll downward for Additional Services and select Manage.
- Then, choose the option Permissions.
- Under the Permissions section, click on Camera and allow all the permissions you need.
Method 2: Allow Camera Access on Your Android Device
Another method you can try is to allow camera access on Snapchat through your device. To do so, follow the guided instructions below as mentioned:
- Visit Android Settings.
- Next, go for the “Apps” or “Apps & notifications” option.
- Here, look for Snapchat.
- Once found, click Permissions and under that go for Camera
- Now, you’ll be getting two options stating “allow only while using the app” or “ask every time“. Select the one you prefer.
- Once done, open your Snapchat app and use the camera.
Method 3: Disable App Limit Under Screen Time
Sometimes if you have opted for the app limit option then you may not able to use the camera on Snapchat. Therefore, to allow camera access on Snapchat, you must disable or remove the App limit if any opt for it. To remove the app limit, follow the guidance below:
- Go to Android Settings and select the option Screen time.
- Under screen time, click on App limits and go for Snapchat and camera one by one and disable the limit by toggling off the button for App limit or tapping the Delete App Limit button at the bottom.
Method 4: Relaunch the Snapchat App
Sometimes, app internal issues or glitches may restrict the app from accessing the camera. Hereby, in such a situation, try having the camera access by force shutting the app and launching it back. The relaunch will help the app to start afresh thereby solving temporary issues like Snapchat not showing messages, Oops Something Went Wrong Snapchat, etc including the camera access issue. Follow the guided steps below to do so:
- On your Android home screen visit the Snapchat app
- Once located, long-press the app icon and select App info.
- After that on the next appeared screen, tap on Force stop.
- Next, visit the app icon again and relaunch it by clicking on it.
Method 5: Restart Your Android Device
At most times, the internal issues on your android device too can restrict the app from accessing the camera. Therefore, rebooting your device to allow camera access is worth giving a chance. You just have to follow the steps to do so:
- Long press the Power button until the power menu appears.
- Next, select Restart and wait for the device to reboot.
- Once restarted, go to the Snapchat app and launch it to check if the camera is accessible or not.
Method 6: Update the Snapchat App
Using an outdated version of the app is the reason for most of the issues that you encounter on the app and the camera is not accessible on Snapchat is one of them. Hereby, it is always advised to use the latest version of the app to avoid getting such app problems. To update the app, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Then, tap the Profile
- Choose Manage apps & devices.
- Now, on the Updates section navigate to the Snapchat app and look if there is any update available or not.
- If available, click the Update button and wait for the installation to get completed.
- Once installed, launch the updated app on your Android device and use the camera to check whether accessible or not.
Method 7: Clear the App Cache
Another reason that won’t allow the camera access on Snapchat is the overloaded app cache. So, if your app accumulated loads of cache and is not cleared for long then it might possible that Snapchat may find difficulty accessing the camera. So try clearing the cache to make your Snapchat app camera accessible. For this, you just have to perform the simple steps below:
- Go for the Settings app on your Android device.
- Next select Apps>Snapchat.
- On the next screen, go for the options Storage and tap Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons one after another.
Or you can also clear cache directly from the app itself. Below are the steps to do so:
- Launch the Snapchat.
- Click on the gear icon appearing at the top-right corner to open Snapchat settings.
- Lastly, click on Clear cache to flush the cached data at once.
Method 8: Reinstall the Snapchat App
Most of the time, if your app doesn’t install properly or got interrupted while installation then you may not able to access the camera on the Snapchat app. So, uninstalling and then reinstalling the app might help you here to allow camera access on your Snapchat. Here are the steps which you have to perform for the reinstallation of the app.
- Go to the Snapchat app icon on the home screen of your Android device.
- Long hold the icon and select Uninstall.
- There, click OK to confirm uninstallation and wait until it is done.
- Once completed go to the Play Store app and reinstall the Snapchat.
How To Allow camera Access on Snapchat on iPhone Device?
If you are an iPhone device user and not able to access the camera on Snapchat then you can perform the following steps as guided to allow camera access.
- Go to iDevice Settings.
- Locate the Snapchat app on the settings menu and select it.
- Next, scroll down to the Camera permission and enable the toggle button if disabled and in a case already enabled, toggle off the permission and then enable it again.
- Lastly, visit the app and use the camera to see if able to access the camera or not.
So if you are troubled to access your Snapchat camera and wondering how to allow camera access on Snapchat, then this blog has the answer to your question. We have covered a lot of research and gone through several forums to provide you with the best methods to allow camera access on Snapchat.
Hereby, I hope this blog serves you well thereby letting you access the Snapchat camera to click or record amazing photos and videos of yourself. In case of any further queries or doubts, feel free to visit us on Twitter.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.