SUMMARY: This tutorial is all about how to factory reset your Android phone that won’t boot. So, follow the steps mentioned in this guide for factory resetting your Android phone or tablet.
Also know about the best recommended option to recover lost Android phone data after factory reset.
Why You Need To Factory Reset Your Android Device?
Safe mode is helpful in troubleshooting Android issues. But sometimes you need to wipe out every data and factory data reset your Android phone or tablet to make your devise boot properly.
But make sure that have backed up your important data before resetting your phone. It includes Google Authenticator credentials, that will be lost when you factory reset your phone. Disable two-factor authentication on your account or you will face trouble afterward.
How To Factory Reset Android Phone That Won’t Boot?
In this section, we will consider two scenarios of Android phone factory reset. The first one is when your phone can easily boot up and the second one is when your phone is not in a state to boot up.
Scenario 1: Android Device Can Be Booted
If safe mode fails to fix your device, then you can perform the hard reset booting in the special recovery mode.
First, make sure that your device is fully shut down.
Press and hold the correct keys to boot your device in recovery mode. But it varies from device to device. Here you have examples:
- Nexus 7: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Volume Up + Home + Power
- Motorola Droid X: Home + Power
- Devices With Camera Buttons: Volume Up + Camera
Similar devices will use the same key combinations. Just take an example; the Nexus 4 also uses Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
If you didn’t find your device in the list and none of the above methods work and do a Google search by typing the name of your device and “recovery mode”.
- Leave the button when the device is powered on. You can find an image of Android lying on its back with its chest open and its internals revealed.
- Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to move through the options till you find the Recovery mode on the screen.
- Press the Power button to reboot into recovery mode. You will find an Android with a red triangle.
- Hold the Power button and tap on Volume Up. You will get the Android system recovery menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose to wipe data/factory reset option with volume keys and tap on Power button to activate it.
- Select Yes to – erase all user data with volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be set to factory data reset and all your data will be erased.
- If you find that your device has freeze at a point then hold down the Power button till it gets restart.
Scenario 2: Can’t Boot Android Device
Follow these two tricks to factory reset Android phone that won’t boot.
- You can easily reset the Android phone or tablet from its setting option. Click on Backup & reset option on the latest versions of Android or click on Privacy if you’re using Android 2.3.
- Click on the Factory data reset option and move through the reset from step to step.
Well, the steps are different for each device so try them carefully to factory reset Android phone that won’t boot.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app and then at the bottom you will find the option ‘System’.
- Hit the System and then look for the ‘Reset’.
- Now from the opened list, hit the ‘Erase all data’
- Here you will see the list of data that get erased along with the signed-in accounts.
- At the bottom, there is an option of ‘Reset phone’. so make a tap over it and choose the ‘Delete all data’
Best Recommended Option To Recover Lost Android Phone Data After Factory Reset:
If even after factory reset Android phone the problem persists in your Android phone then it may be some hardware issue.
In many instances, it is seen that Android phone device problem arises all of a sudden and to make your phone back to the working condition you need to apply factory reset.
After factory reset your complete Android phone data wipe out from the phone. Have you ever thought about how you will recover your data if you are stuck in such a situation?
Well, do not worry just use the Android Data Recovery software that can easily recover Android phone data after factory reset or from any sort of data loss situation.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop. It is because recovery of phone data on the phone itself is risky as you may end up losing all your data because of data overriding.
This software utility is well capable of restoring deleted photos without taking out an SD card or CF card of the Android phone. It can even recover audio, videos, contacts, text messages, and other data.
It can be used for recovering data from any Android phone such as Samsung, Micromax, Google Nexus, Lenovo, Xiaomi, etc. So, download this Android Recovery tool to recover photos from your OPPO N3 phone easily.
Is It Possible To Reset Android Phone Without Any Data Loss?
To perform factory reset without any data loss you have to keep proper backup of your complete Android phone data.
Well you can try various methods to backup Android data before factory reset. After keeping the backup factory reset your device. Once the factory reset process gets over you can recover data from backup.
Is There Any Way To Recover Data After Factory Reset Without Backup?
Yes, it is possible to recover data after reset without backup. This task is possible by using the expert’s recommended Android data recovery software.
As this software support Android phone like OnePlus, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Huawei, Sony, HTC, Google Pixel, ZTE, Xiaomi, etc.
Now that you know how to factory reset Android phone in both the situation where Android phones can be booted or can’t be booted.
Apart from this, if you don’t have the backup but you want to retrieve your lost data after factory reset in that case, try our expert’s recommended solution i.e Android data recovery.
Besides this, if you have any more queries to ask then comment on our Facebook and Twitter social media page.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.