Worried about your lost data and looking for methods to recover deleted data from OnePlus 9/9 Pro/9RT/9R? If yes, stop worrying then, here in this article you will find all the possible methods to retrieve your missing data.
However, unlike in old times, restoring deleted files become so much easy with updated features. Moreover, Backups options are also now available to restore your deleted data. And when we talk about OnePlus, it has OnePlus Switch which is an additional backup and restore option. So in case, you lost your data you can simply retrieve it from backup.
Now, what if you don’t have a backup of your phone data? Well, this article covers all sorts of methods to restore the deleted data “with and without backup”.
Well before getting into the methods let’s just dig more to find the causes for the deletion of files. There can be an end number of reasons for file deletion on your phone. Some of those are discussed and highlighted in this article.
To Recover Deleted Data From Oneplus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
What Causes Data Deletion on OnePlus 9 Pro 5G?
- Deleted Accidently– Most of the time the deletion of data is done accidentally or intentionally by the user itself.
- Hardware damage– If your phone breaks or is damaged or not working then in that case you might lose your phone data.
- Device crashes– If your device crashes or shuts down suddenly thereby not letting you access it, then in this case you will lose your data.
- Factory Reset– If you have performed a factory reset on your device then in that case you will lose all your data files.
- Damaged SD card– if your SD card got corrupted and you have saved all your data in that corrupted or damaged SD card then you will end up losing your data.
- Virus or malicious file– If your device comes in contact with any kind of virus or malicious files then in such case it will corrupt all your data causing you to ultimately lose them. However, a good Android antivirus app can help you to remove the virus and you will be able to access the data once again.
How To Recover Deleted Data From OnePlus 9 Without Backup?
Not having a Backup of your deleted data is not a big deal nowadays because you can easily retrieve your lost data with the help of the Android Data Recovery tool.
This will help you to recover all kinds of missing data such as photos, videos, audios, documents and PDF files, messages and contacts, app data, etc.
You can retrieve any kind of data which is lost by different scenarios such as factory reset, flashed ROM, damaged SD card, Hardware damage, virus infection, etc.
Android Data Recovery software is user-friendly. You just simply need to download the software on your system and connect your Android device to the system. Moreover for the rest instructions follow the Android Data Recovery User Guide.
How To Recover Deleted Data From OnePlus 9 With Backup?
If you have a backup of your lost data then you can easily recover deleted data from OnePlus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9. There are different backup tools available nowadays. Some of these are mentioned below:
Restore Videos, Photos, Documents from Oneplus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9 5g Using Google Drive:
Google Drive is the most commonly used Backup tool used generally to back up all kinds of Android data such as photos, videos, documents, contacts, etc. If you have already uploaded your lost data on Google Drive before losing them, then you can easily restore deleted files from OnePlus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9.
Follow the below steps to get back your lost data using Google Drive:
- Open the Google Drive application or you can browse it in any browser on your system.
- Now, provide the same email ID and password that you are using on your phone.
- Once logged in search for all backed up videos, photos, and documents.
- Select the files which you want to restore and then just Download them.
Retrieve deleted data from OnePlus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9 using OnePlus Switch
Restoring your missing files from OnePlus 9 Pro 5G becomes as easy as finger snapping when you have already backed up your deleted data on the OnePlus Switch app. So, just follow the simple steps below and get back the access to your lost data:
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the OnePlus Switch app on your Oneplus device.
- Then, click on the “Backup and Restore” option and then click on the option “Restore backup”
- Now, here you will see all you backed-up data that you have stored on the Oneplus Switch app.
- And finally, select the files you want to retrieve and select the option “Restore”.
Recover Deleted Data from OnePlus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9 using Google Backup
Getting back erased data from the OnePlus 9 Pro 5G becomes easy when you have already made the backup of your deleted data before losing them via Google backup. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your Oneplus device.
- Select the “Backup and Restore” option.
- After that, select the option “Restore files” and enter the same email ID and password that you have entered at the time of backup.
- Look for the files you want to recover and then go for the “Restore” option.
- Once the restoration process gets completed, restart your Andriod device and verify all your restored data.
How to recover Photos/Videos on Oneplus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9?
You can recover your photos/videos either from Trash/Recycle Bin or from Google Photos. Below are the steps to recover from both ways.
1: Retrieving your Oneplus lost data from Recycle Bin/Trash
Generally, the gallery apps on Android devices come with the folder of Recycle Bin/Trash which stores the deleted videos and photos for 30 days. So that you can recover it back in case you needed it or mistakenly deleted it.
If you have not deleted the photos and videos permanently from the gallery then you can check the Recycle Bin to get them back. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Gallery App on your Oneplus.
- Click on hamburger
- Go for the Recycle Bin
- Then select the photos/videos you want to restore and click on Restore
2: Retrieving lost Oneplus data from Google Photos:
Google Photos is also a cloud backup app but it stores only photos/videos. So in case you lost your photos/videos then you can use Google Photos to retrieve it back. However, it keeps backup only when you had the auto-sync option enabled or have manually added the videos/photos to it.
Now if Google Photos have your backup, then you can easily get back your deleted data just by following a few simple steps:
- Go to Google Photos on your device or browser. If you are opening it through the browser, then log in from the same account you are using on your device.
- Now look for the files you want to restore.
- And then click on the three vertical dots.
- Click on the Download
Now your deleted photos/videos will be restored on your device. If you have deleted the files from google Photos also then you can check the Bin folder as it keeps the deleted files for the next 60 days on the Bin folder.
Retrieve Deleted Contacts from Oneplus 9 Pro Using Google Contacts
If you have deleted any contact mistakenly or in case of missing contacts, you can go for Google Contacts to recover the lost contacts. Google Contacts have the backup of your contacts if the auto-sync option is enabled on your device. Follow the instructions below to restore missing contacts:
- Browse for Google Contacts.
- Login with the same Gmail account that you are using on your device.
- Tap on the More option appearing on the left side.
- Click on Undo Changes.
- On the appeared screen click on Confirm
- Now go to Account > Google.
- Tap on the Restore Contacts button.
- Lastly, all the deleted contacts will be restored on your device.
How to Restore deleted Messages/SMS on Oneplus 9 Pro 5G?
If you have deleted Messages/SMS from your phone and want to recover them back then you can check once on Google Drive as it also has a backup of messages. Or you can simply go for a descriptive guide on How to recover deleted SMSs on Android phones.
How to Retrieve Lost Data from Broken/Dead Screen of Oneplus 9RT/9R/9 Pro/9?
If your Oneplus phone screen is broken or damaged and it is almost impossible to access it, then you can follow the below guides to recover back your deleted data from the dead phone.
Follow the guides below to get back your lost data:
- Restore Data From Dead Android Phone
- Best Ways To Recover Data From Android Phone With Broken Screen
Losing data is so much annoying because it causes your most important and precious files, photos, and documents to get away from you. Moreover, it becomes so important to get back those data. So, here in this blog above are the bundles of methods mentioned to recover deleted data from the OnePlus 9.
I, hope with the help of the above methods you will be able to get back your missing important data. In case you have any further queries or doubts related to this article then you can get back to us on Twitter.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.