So let’s know how to retrieve lost data from Android after factory reset…
To recover deleted data after factory reset Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
What is Factory Reset?
A factory setting is a full store of smartphone devices to its factory settings. When factory setting is applied to the device it deletes the entire data stored in your mobile in-built or external memory.
This is similar to the reformatting of the hard drive. It becomes compulsory to apply on a device to resolve the issues that are no longer working due to several reasons such as freezing, hanging, not responding, etc. But it should be applied with precaution as it will erase all data stored in the device.
What Happens When You do a Factory Reset on Android Device?
When you apply reset factory settings on Android Device it will remove the entire data from your Android smartphone.
It will eliminate all data of internal as well as external memory and brings your device to its default factory settings. It means that you will lose your data such as contacts, images, SMS, notes, calendar, video, songs, documents, etc.
Sometimes, you may accidentally press the factory settings button and reset your Android Phone to factory settings. And then you look for the solution how to get back erased data after an Android factory reset.
Is it Possible to Recover Erased Data after Android Factory Reset?
Yes, it is possible to retrieve data from an Android phone after a factory reset with the help of Android Data Recovery software. This is only possible until and unless you do not add any new data on your device.
So, once your Android phone is reset to factory settings and if you are looking to restore data back, then you must stop using your Android Smartphone. Because if you add any new file then it will overwrite the deleted data and hence recoverable will become impossible.
Part 1: Best Way To Recover Data After Factory Reset Android
Android Data Recovery Tool is globally used and the best software that is capable to recover lost data after factory reset Android phones. The software scans the internal as well as external memory of the phone. Whatever data are lost can be easily retrieved via this software like photos, videos, audio files, documents, WhatsApp messages, contacts, text messages, call recordings, and more.
Not only it retrieves files after a factory reset but also works on other data loss situations as well like malware attack, accidental deletion, water damage, broken or dead screen, and several others. It supports every Android phone that includes Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, and many more.
Therefore, you just need to download Android Data Recovery Tool and recover deleted data after factory reset Android phone.
Follow the user guide to know how to use Android data recovery software
Part 2: Recover Files After Factory Reset Android [Manual Methods]
There are several manual methods as well that you can try to get your lost data easily. Check out a few of them below:
Method 1: Restore Data From Local Backup On Android
Nowadays, many Android phones come with an in-built backup feature that allows users to back up their data to internal storage or to the external memory card. If your phone has this feature then you can easily restore the deleted files from local backup after a factory reset.
Note– Once you do a factory reset of your phone, it will remove every data saved in internal memory along with the backup file. So whenever you backup your data, it’s better to keep them on an external SD card.
Now follow the below steps to recover lost data after factory reset Android from a local backup. The steps are shown of LG phone:
- First, go to Settings > LG Backup > Backup & restore > File restore & management
- Next, choose a backup file from where you want to restore
- And now wait unless the restoration process is over
Method 2: How To Recover Data After Factory Reset Android From Google Account
Your Android phone is linked with a Google account and this is one of the backup options as well. If you have enabled the sync feature before factory reset then have a chance to restore the lost files from Google.
Here are the steps to follow to recover data with Google backup:
- First, go to Settings on your phone
- Now sign in with your Google account you have used to backup.
- Then look for Backup and Reset option > enable Automatic restore
- And here all your backup files will be synced to phone and you can access them as before
Method 3: Recover Photos After Factory Reset Using Google Photos
Google Drive app allows you to store essential content from Android phones where users get 15GB of storage space. Either you set your phone to sync automatically to Google account, or you can manually upload the files to store on it.
So, if you have done this previous to data deletion, then follow the below steps to restore the lost content:
- First, open Google Drive app on your phone as it comes by default or simply open https://www.google.com/drive/.
- Now sign in with your Google account (use the same username that you have used to backup).
- Then go to the My Drive section or the Recent folder option to see the files you have uploaded.
- For those files that you want to restore, click on it and then press the Download option.
Method 4: Retrieve Deleted Files After Android Factory Reset via Google Drive
Another useful application that can help you to deal with such kind of data loss situation is by using the Google Photos app. Here you can get back deleted photos and videos after the factory reset on Android.
But remember that the deleted items remain in the Trash folder for 60 days, and after that, the files are automatically removed permanently.
Follow the steps as guided:
- First, click on the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Now tap on the Menu section.
- You will get the option “Trash/Bin”.
- Tap on it and you will see the deleted items here.
- From here, choose the files you want to restore.
- At last, click on the Restore option and all your files will be recovered.
Method 5: Get Back Lost Contacts Using Google Contacts
When it comes to recovering the deleted contacts on an Android phone, you can use Google Contacts to get them back on your device. But it will only work if you have enabled the Sync option in Google Contacts.
So, if you have enabled this option on your phone and want to restore deleted contacts on your Android phone after the factory reset, then you can go with this option. Now, follow these given steps to recover contacts using the Google Contacts:
- Open Google Contacts > sign in using the same Google account used while setting up your phone.
- Next, go to the left panel of the screen and tap on the More option.
- Select Undo changes.
- Click on the Confirm button.
- Now, tap on the Accounts > Google.
- Finally, tap on the Restore contacts button to restore the contacts.
Beside Factory Reset: Other Causes that Leads to Data Deletion on Android
Apart from Factory reset, there are other various causes for losing data from Android devices, some of them are mentioned below:
- Unintentionally or mistakenly deleting photos or other media files is one of the major causes of data loss.
- Malware or virus attacks on your android device can easily corrupt data.
- In some cases when you attach your Android phone to a computer, it shows an error forcing you to format the drive leading to complete data loss.
- Improper handling of cell phones like removing SD card while read or write processor using the same memory card on various devices which may result in data loss.
These are the basic reasons for data loss on your Android phone. The only permanent solution to recover lost or deleted data from the device is to make use of suitable Android data recovery software.
This software is skilled enough for retrieving data from any Android phone even in critical data loss scenarios or after applying a factory reset setting.
Recover Files After Factory Reset on Android: FAQs
1: Can I recover data after factory reset without backup?
Yes, you can recover data after factory reset even if you have no backup of your deleted files. You can either use the Android Data Recovery tool or can use other tools such as Google Photos, Google Drive, Google Contacts. But you can only use these Google tools if you have enabled the sync option.
2: How to restore Android after Factory Reset?
You can restore Android after a factory reset if you have checked the Automatic Restore option in settings.
- Launch Settings on the Android device
- Find and tap Backup & reset or you can tap System and then tap Reset for other devices
- Verify if the Automatic Restore box is checked
3: Does Factory Reset removes all data?
Yes, performing the Factory Reset on an Android device removes all the data on your phone except the inbuilt apps and data. However, you can recover it by using a backup or a good data recovery tool.
Well, users do a factory reset of their device for several reasons. But at the same time, some useful data gets deleted if no backup is created before. This kind of situation is common for users.
So here in this blog, I have gathered different ways to recover lost data after a factory reset on Android phones. To get back data without backup, try Android Data Recovery software. This is an easy and effective way to restore data quickly.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.