Losing your DCIM folder can be a devastating and annoying loss. Whether you are a professional photographer or simply a person who values photos or videos, understanding how to recover DCIM folder on Android can be a lifesaver.
So, in this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of recovering your lost DCIM folder on Android.
Let’s delve into the recovery methods…
To recover deleted DCIM folder, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
Why Does the DCIM Folder Go Missing?
There can be various reasons why your DCIM folder goes missing or disappears from your Android phone. Some of the common reasons are mentioned below:
- Accidental or unintentional deletion
- Factory resetting
- Software glitches
- Malware or virus infection
Can I Recover DCIM Folder on Android?
The recovery possibility depends on various factors, including how quickly the action is being taken, available backups, and the methods you use.
However, it is quite possible to recover the deleted DCIM folder with the correct recovery methods and tools.
How to Recover DCIM Folder on Android?
Method 1: Check the Trash or Recycle Bin
Android devices have a built-in Recycle Bin or Trash folder that temporarily stores the deleted files.
Here’s how to recover deleted DCIM folder in Android:
- Open the File Manager on your device.
- Navigate to the Recently Deleted or Trash folder.
- Inside this folder, look for your deleted DCIM folder or files.
- When found, select the DCIM folder and tap on Restore to recover them.
Method 2: Check Google Photos Backup
Google Photos is the best way to back up your photos and videos. So, if you have used it to back up your media, retrieve deleted DCIM folder data from there.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- On the Photos tab, find the DCIM folder and access it.
- Here, opt for select all and restore them by hitting the Download button.
- If the DCIM folder is not found, click on the Trash or Bin option.
- Now, look for the DCIM folder or photos that you lost from the folder and restore them.
Method 3: Use a Data Recovery App – Android Recovery Tool
If you have not found the DCIM folder in the Trash or Recycle Bin, use our Android Recovery Tool to get back your deleted DCIM folder or photos.
Apart from this, the software can restore other data such as videos, contacts, call logs, text messages, WhatsApp data, calendar, and many more.
- Recover various data with a single click.
- Works well with both rooted and non-rooted Android devices.
- Preview and selectively recover the data you want to recover.
- Supports all Android devices including Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, Motorola, etc.
- Compatible with every Android OS.
So, download the software and follow its user guide instructions.
Preventions to Avoid Future DCIM Folder Loss
After the successful recovery of the DCIM folder, it’s important to take necessary steps to prevent such mishappening in the future. Here are some tips:
- Regular data backup: Schedule regular data backups of your Android device, including the DCIM folder, ensuring to have a recent copy.
- Use reliable antivirus: Protect your device with good antivirus software to prevent it from viruses and malware attacks.
- Be cautious: Be aware while deleting files and folders. Random deletion may lead to important data loss. Avoid deleting folders or files until and unless you are sure.
- Keep your device up-to-date: Regularly updating your Android device software will help you minimize minor device glitches and software-related problems.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the DCIM folder on Android device?
The DCIM (Digital Camera Images) folder is the default location where your camera photos and video are saved. Android stores the images and videos that are taken using your phone camera in this folder.
How do I know if my DCIM folder has been deleted?
If the photos and videos from the camera roll are missing or the DCIM folder itself is not visible in your file manager, you need to look for it.
What should I do immediately after realizing my DCIM folder is deleted?
The moment you realize that your DCIM folder is missing, stop using your device to prevent further data overwrites. Then, follow the guided recovery methods and tool to attempt a data retrieval.
Losing your DCIM folder can be a nightmare, but with the correct guide and recovery methods, it won’t be a problem. So, act quickly with the mentioned methods and recover DCIM folder on Android.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.