Contacts are a crucial part of our life that keeps our communication ongoing. So, today in this article, we are going to discuss how to secure your contacts list using a PC. So, get on board with us on this journey and learn how to backup Android contacts to PC.
Let’s get started!
Why Backing Up Android Contacts Matters?
Before delving into the backing-up methods, let’s first understand why it’s crucial to back up your Android contacts.
Smartphones are prone to unexpected accidents, such as damage, theft, or even software malfunctions. This leads to data loss risk including your precious contacts. So, it is essential to back up your phone contacts to ensure their security against loss.
How to Backup Android Contacts to PC? – Unravelled the Methods
Method 1: Transfer Android Contacts to PC Using USB Cable
Manually transferring the contacts to your PC is a simple and straightforward process. It has always been considered the safe way when it comes to backing up contacts to a PC. This approach allows you to transfer your contacts directly to your computer’s storage.
- Connect your Android phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- On your phone, select the Transfer files option.
- When your device gets detected, transfer your contacts manually to your PC in a separate folder.
Method 2: Backing up & Sync via Google Account
It is the widely used way of backing up your Android contacts. You just need to sync your phone contacts to the Google account and you are good to go:
This method secures your contacts in the cloud which is easily accessible from your PC.
- Open the Android Settings app.
- Scroll down and choose Google>>Backup.
- Enable the Backup to Google Drive button.
- Select the Google account where you want to back up your contacts.
- Now, click on Back up now. Wait for the backup to complete.
- After that, scroll down to Google Account data and toggle on the Contacts button to sync.
Your contacts will now be safely stored in your Google Contacts, ready to be accessed from your PC whenever you need them.
Method 3: Use 3rd Party Software – Android Backup & Restore
Use the Android Backup & Restore Tool for a hassle-free backup of Android contacts to a PC. It backs up your every contact securely without amiss.
Besides contacts, this software can backup other data as well including photos, call history, notes, calendars, videos, messages, applications, and much more.
Download the tool and back up your Android data securely by following the steps here.
Method 4: Use Samsung Smart Switch to Backup Contacts to PC
Samsung Smart Switch is the app that helps you secure your phone contacts on your PC. Visit the compatibility page to confirm your device compatibility.
Follow the steps here:
- Install Smart Switch Mobile on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Select the Transfer Files option on your phone.
- Now, launch Smart Switch on your system and select the Backup option.
- Select Contacts from the list.
- Then, choose the Backup option when you are ready.
- Your PC will now start backing up your phone’s contacts. This may take some time.
- When it’s done, you’ll be informed by a prompt message on the screen. Tap OK.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often should I back up my Android contacts?
It's a good practice to back up your Android contacts regularly. However, it is recommended to backup contacts weekly or monthly to ensure having recent backup.
Will backing up contacts to my PC consume a lot of storage space?
No, the storage required for backing up your contacts to PC is minimal. Contacts are of usually small size, so you don’t have to worry about space on your PC.
Is using third-party apps for contact backup involves risk?
Well, it depends upon the software you are using. While most of the 3rd-party software is safe and reliable to use, there’s always a slight risk associated with granting them access to your contacts. However, it is advised to use reputable apps from official sources.
Can I access my backed-up contacts from any PC?
If you have backed up your contacts using a Google account, Yes, you can access your backed-up contacts from any computer by simply logging in to your Google account.
The guide has provided you with simple methods to backup Android contacts to PC. Now, secure your valuable contacts and access them whenever you want.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.