Moto G is a popular smartphone used by millions of people around the world. It has several exciting features that attract people. But like other Android phones, it also has no such feature that can secure your data from losing. There could be instances where you may run into situations of data loss. Sometimes, it happens due to technical issues or if you did it accidentally. Thus, if you have lost your crucial data like contacts, pictures, messages, or other data from the Moto G smartphone, don’t worry about it as there are ways to perform Moto G data recovery.
This blog will completely guide you on how to recover deleted files from Moto G phones with or without software. So, let’s get started…
To retrieve deleted data from Moto G phones, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool (for PC only, for Mac) rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media you wish to recover data from and click on Scan.
- Preview the files before recovery and choose Recover option to restore deleted data from Android.
- Part 1- Can I Recover Data from Moto G?
- Part 2- How to Recover Files From Moto G Using Moto G Data Recovery Software?
- Part 3- How to Recover Deleted Files From Moto G Phones without Software?
- Part 4- How to Recover Data from Moto G Broken Screen Phone?
- Part 5- Bonus Tips: Prevent Data Loss on Moto G Phone
Can I Recover Data from Moto G?
Yes, there is a pretty chance to recover data from Moto G phone.
Now, you must be thinking about how? So, when you remove the file on your device it doesn’t go anywhere. The data remains on the device and captures the same storage space unless the space gets replaced by new data. Hence, if you want your data back, then don’t download anything on the phone. It will be even better to put your phone in flight mode.
After that, follow the below solutions for Motorola phone data recovery.
How to Recover Deleted Files From Moto G Using Moto G Data Recovery Software?
Moto G Data Recovery Tool is the most efficient recovery software that is designed to recover deleted data from Motorola Android phones, including Moto G phones. This is suggested by many software experts and has the highest success recovery rate. No matter for whatever reason your data are deleted, this amazing tool has the ability to get back disappeared files from the phone effectively.
This program scans both the internal and external memory of the device deeply and restores lost or deleted data. Also, it helps you to save files on the system after recovering the stuff.
Besides, this Moto G data recovery software free helps you to get back deleted data like photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp messages, text messages, audio files, documents, notes, call logs, and other files from Motorola Moto G Android phones.
Therefore, simply download this tool and restore lost files from Moto G phones easily. Here is the user guide to know how to use the software.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop. It is because recovery of phone data on the phone itself is risky as you may end up losing all your data because of data overriding.
How to Recover Deleted Files From Moto G Phones without Software?
Now let’s go through the other possible methods that can help you to retrieve missing files from the Moto G phone with backup. Go to each manual method and check if any of them can help you to tackle the data loss situation.
Method 1: Get Back Lost Data From Local Backup
Nowadays, smartphones are coming with their own backup feature where your data can be stored safely to deal with data loss situations. So if you have a local backup on your phone then you should check it once. This can really help you restore the deleted files from a local backup. To know the complete steps for recovering data via local backup, Click Here.
But if your phone doesn’t have local backup then check out other possible methods to restore lost files from Moto G phones.
Method 2: Use Google Photos to Recover Photos & Videos From Moto G Phone
Google Photos is the app that comes in the pre-installed form on the phone. Whenever your photos or videos are missing from the phone, once you should check them in the Google Photos app. Here you can get those items if not deleted from the app.
Remember that if you don’t get the files in the app then check the Trash folder where the deleted stuff remains for 60 days. And after that, the files are removed permanently.
Follow the steps for how to recover deleted photos from Moto G internal memory via Google Photos:
- First, open Google Photos app on your phone.
- Then click on three horizontal lines left upper corner.
- Now you will see the Trash or Bin option.
- Click on it and you can see the deleted files.
- Next, tap and hold the items and click on the Restore option.
That’s it. Now all your photos/videos will be restored to the app and you can access them easily.
Method 3: Perform Moto G Data Recovery Using Google Drive
Google Drive is yet another storage option where your files can store easily. Here you can store your essential data up to 15GB and can deal with any kind of data loss situation. Here, you have to upload your files manually to Google Drive or enable the “SYNC” option.
So if you have uploaded your disappeared files it enabled SYNC option previously, follow the below steps to restore them:
- First, open Google Drive on your phone.
- Then click on the My Drive option where you can see all your files uploaded.
- Select the files you want to restore.
- Tap and hold the items and then right-click on them.
- You will see a “Download” option, tap on it.
That’s it, now the selected data will be restored to the phone’s gallery and you can easily access them.
Method 4: Restore Deleted Data from SD Card on Moto G Phone
All Android smartphones come with the expandable memory feature which allows you to add the SD card to your device so that you can save data on it if you are out of the internal memory space.
Thus, if you have also saved your data on an SD card and lost it from your Moto G phone’s internal memory, you don’t need to worry about it. You can easily restore them from your SD card.
But in a case, if you don’t have any backup, then can check out the Android SD Card Recovery methods.
How to Recover Data from Moto G Broken Screen Phone?
This kind of situation is quite common where the phone screen breaks and stored data becomes inaccessible. In fact, we don’t know whether the data are safe or deleted.
Many times, how to get the data back from a broken screen phone is an annoying situation. But there is nothing to get panic about, as the deleted data from broken phones can be retrieved. You should use the Android data recovery tool to perform Moto G broken screen data recovery.
For more info, check out this post- Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen.
Bonus Tips: Prevent Data Loss on Moto G Phone
Although there are ways to recover deleted data from Android phones, you should always try to avoid getting into this situation. Hence, there are a few tips that everyone should keep in mind while operating a phone:
- Never eject the SD/memory card while using the phone.
- Avoid clicking photos or shooting videos when the phone’s battery is low.
- Keep your phone charged and never let it run out of battery.
- Give extra attention while ejecting or inserting the SD card as mishandling the card may physically damage the memory card.
- Make sure to have a good antivirus app on your Android phone to protect the device from virus/malware attacks.
- Don’t connect the phone to any device infected with malware or virus.
- Always keep a backup of your Android phone.
- Double-check before removing any file/data from your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1: How can I recover deleted files from my Motorola phone?
There are several ways to recover deleted data from the Motorola phone. Here are some of them:
- Use Android Data Recovery tool
- Recover photos using Google Photos
- Get back lost data via Google Drive
- Use Google Contacts to recover deleted contacts on Android phones
- You can also use backup if you have one
2: Is it possible to recover data from the broken phone?
Yes, it is possible to get back data from a broken Android phone. You can use a reliable data recovery tool, Google Photos, Google Drive, Google Contacts, backup to recover the data.
3: What causes data loss on an Android device?
There are so many reasons for data loss on the Android phone, some of them are as follows:
- If your phone’s battery is running out of the batter
- When there is a virus/malware on the phone
- Sudden system failure
- If you have performed a factory reset
- If the SD card is corrupted or damaged
Well, this blog completely describes how to recover deleted photos from Moto G internal memory or other data when they are deleted due to several reasons. Hopefully, if you have also come through such a data loss situation then following the methods discussed here will help to retrieve the files easily.
Also, the best way is to use Moto G Data Recovery Software which is easy to use and retrieves data without any backup required.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it. Also like and follow us on Twitter, and Pinterest to get the latest updates.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.