COD Mobile controller not working while trying to play the game on your Android? Well, there is nothing to worry about as this is a common issue that can be handled easily.
Well, controllers enhance your gaming experience. It let the users enjoy the game intensity by having the in-game world experience. And nowadays various controllers are available in the market to give you the best gaming experience. But it becomes quite frustrating when it stops working as it hurdles you from enjoying the game. Hereby, demanding a quick resolution.
Therefore, we have come up with this blog that contains potential methods to resolve your controller problem in no time. So, go through the blog thoroughly to get over the problem. But before going directly for the solutions have a quick journey through the causes that trigger such problems.
Why COD Mobile Controller Not Working On Android?
- Connection Issue- Firstly, if your controller is not connected or attached properly to your device then this can trouble you with this problem. If you are using a wired connection, and there is a loose connection or the cable used is damaged then you may get into this problem. Also if you are connecting wirelessly then make sure to connect to the correct device.
- Outdated COD Mobile version – Secondly, if you are playing on an outdated version then it can also be the reason of occurring such a problem. An outdated game version may not support the controller that you are trying to connect.
- Incompatible Controller – Another reason causing this problem is an incompatible controller. If the controller you are trying to use is not supported by or compatible with your device or game, this can arise this problem.
- The issue with the Controller – Although if there is an issue with your controller or it is damaged then in that case you may encounter this issue. The damaged controller won’t work thereby giving you a hard time.
So these are some culprits that cause the COD mobile controller not working android problem. Well now as you know the causes, you can easily make the decision for the most effective solution among the various mentioned to get rid of the problem.
How To Fix COD Mobile Controller Not Working Issue?
The Solutions are:
- Check The Connection
- Reboot Your Device
- Make Use of Official & Best Controller
- Reconnect Your Controller
- Relaunch the COD Game
- Verify In-game Settings for Controller Support
- Update Your Call of Duty: Mobile
Fix 1: Check The Connection
The connectivity problem is the major reason behind the controller not working issue. So you need to first make sure that your controller is properly linked or connected to your device. If you using a wired connection, then in that case check the wire. A damaged wire can results in frequent disconnection thereby causing your controller to stop working.
And if you have Bluetooth connectivity on your controller then make sure you are connected to the correct device or the controller is within the Bluetooth range.
Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
Another thing you can try to fix the problem is by rebooting your Android device. Sometimes, internal issues with the device or unnecessary background running apps can trouble you with this problem. Therefore, rebooting will help your device to start afresh thereby solving all other temporary issues on the device. For this, you need to perform a few quick steps:
- Long press the Power button on your device until the power menu appears.
- Then, select the Restart option from the menu.
- And now wait for your device to reboot. Once rebooted, connect your controller again and check for the problem is gone or not.
Fix 3: Make Use of Official & Best Controller
The next solution you can try is to make use of the official and best COD-supported controller. It is always advised to use the official and best COD-supported controller to get past such issues on your Android device. However, some of the best controllers for Android are Xbox Core, 8Bitdo Pro 2, DualShock PS4 controller Sony DualSense, SteelSeries Stratus Duo, etc.
Fix 4: Reconnect Your Controller
If you are using the official controller but still getting this problem then try solving the issue by reconnecting the controller. Doing this will build the fresh connection thereby fixing the cod mobile controller isn’t working.
In case using a wired connection then plug out the wire from your Android device. Blow the connecting pin to clean the dust and then reconnect it on your Android device. Or if using Bluetooth connectivity, turn off the Bluetooth both on the controller & device and then turn it on again to re-establish the connection.
Fix 5: Relaunch the COD Game
Sometimes game’s internal issues can also cause this problem. So here you need to relaunch the game to get done with the issue. To do so, follow the below steps:
- Go to the COD game on your home screen.
- Then, long-press the game icon.
- Select the App info
- Then, Force stop the game app.
- Then, again go to the Call of Duty: Mobile app and launch it.
Fix 6: Verify In-game Settings for Controller Support
Another thing you can do is to check in-game settings for controller support. For this, follow the below steps:
- Connect the controller with your device via Bluetooth.
- Next, go to CODM and select Controller setting under the settings menu.
- Now, verify here whether the controller is indicated as connected or not and also the controller support must be enabled.
Fix 7: Update Your Call of Duty: Mobile
If you are using an outdated version of the Call of Duty: Mobile game then you may end up facing a Call of Duty: Mobile controller isn’t working problem. Also, using an outdated game version may get you into crashing, stuttering, COD: authorization error 270fd309, and other problems. Therefore, it is always suggested to use the latest version to avoid getting into such problems.
So here are the steps to update COD Mobile:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android.
- Next, click the Profile icon.
- Then, go for My apps & games.
- Then on the Updates section locate the Call of Duty Mobile app and see if any update is available or not.
- If found any updates, tap the Update button next to the Call of Duty Mobile app and wait for it to get installed.
- Finally, after successful installation connect the controller with your Android device and launch the app to see if the problem is fixed or not.
How Do I Fix PS4 & Xbox Controller Not Working problem On Android?
If you are using a PS4 or Xbox controller to play a game on your Android device and it’s not working then you can go for restarting your device. As restarting the device can most probably solve any issue. Moreover, it is advised to re-establish the connection between the controller and your device by turning the Bluetooth on both device and the controller off & on.
Sometimes, the game’s internal issues can also trouble you with the connecting problems. Therefore, in this case, you can simply solve the problem just by relaunching the game app.
Also, make sure to use the updated version of the game app to avoid getting into such problems. As latest game versions not only come with better features but also includes bug patches that further help you in dealing with game errors and issues.
Best Solution to Fix COD Mobile Controller Not Working on Android Phone/Tablet
As you already know, the Call of Duty: Mobile controller isn’t working problem can also occur due to the internal issues on your Android device. However, some common solutions work in all situations to fix this error.
So, if you are looking for an easy way to get past your Android device issues, then try the Android Repair Tool. It will definitely help you in fixing the error without the need of following any manual methods.
Not just this error, this advanced repair tool can fix many other Android errors and issues, including the Black Screen of Death error, phone stuck in a boot loop, and apps keep crashing.
And the best part of this tool is, that you don’t need to have any tech knowledge to use it. Simply, go through its user guide and follow the given steps to use this tool for resolving your Android phone issue.
How do I get my COD Mobile controller to work?
For getting your COD Mobile controller to work you need to first launch the COD: Mobile on you paired up the device and then follow the steps as per guided:
- Go for the COD: Mobile Settings option.
- Next, go for the Controller tab at the top.
- Now, under the Controller tab allow the option “Allow to use controller”.
- Lastly, turn on Bluetooth for both your device & controller and paired them.
Can I use a wired controller on COD Mobile?
Yes, you can use a wired controller on COD Mobile. Controllers are available in both wired and wireless connections. So, you can make use of a wired one. But make sure that your controllers’ connecting wires are not damaged or cut. Using a damaged or cut cables can give the controller a difficulty in building a connection with your device.
How do I use USB controller with CODM?
For using USB controller on CODM you need to follow the few below steps:
- Open COD Mobile and go for the Settings option.
- Next, select the Controller tab and tap the toggle button to use the controller.
- Now, connect your controller to your device and tap on the “connect” button.
- You can also go for changing setting configuration for different buttons under the same section.
Well, dealing with the controller not working problem won’t be any difficult for you after going through this blog. As it has all the fixes covered up to fix COD Mobile control not functioning. Although, if none of the above fixes works for you then it may be because your controller is damaged. So in this, you can do nothing but replace it with a new one.
I hope the blog helps you understand the problem better and provides you with effective solutions to get you out of the COD Mobile controller not working problem. If you find any doubts or queries related to this particular blog, feel free to ask us on Twitter.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.