Nowadays, mobile gaming is getting better day by day because of the high-quality games available on phones. Now those days are gone when people use to play games on PC as all such things are now easily available on Smartphones with lots of extra features.
Some of the recent games on the mobile platforms were Fortnite for Android and PUBG. When we talk about PUBG then it’s one of the best games to play but there are many users who have reported some lagging issues on it while playing on mobile.
Now, this issue is really irritating and frustrating as you cannot play the game smoothly. There can be several reasons for this because such types of games have higher-quality graphics, lots of animations, and many more. All these things can obviously lag your phone while playing PUBG.
So today in this blog, we will discuss what are the things that one should follow to fix lagging issue on PUBG mobile.
Let’s see what one of the users has reported about the lagging issue on Android while playing PUBG mobile.
Hi guys I’m using a note 9 on exynos chipset and pubg runs horribly on my phone. Only when I play it on smooth graphics then the game will run fine but any higher graphic settings and the game will start to lag and stutter and frames will fall. Any idea why this is happening on a flagship device or anyone facing a similar situation?? Feeling quite hopeless now…
Apart from this, there are several other users who have reported lagging or stuttering issues on the PUBG Mobile game.
So let’s go through this blog completely to know what can be done to fix the issue.
But before that, let us review some important things about the PUBG game and then following the fixes for PUBG mobile lag on Android.
About PUBG Mobile Game
PUBG (Players Unknown Battleground) is one of the famous games developed by Tencent. This is one of the popular games trending nowadays in every mobile though it can be played on PC as well. This game has shown better performance in iOS devices compared to Android phones.
In this game, players are dropped with the help of a parachute and after landing, their survival for life begins. Then players have to search for weapons to kill enemies just to stay alive. There are lots of options that can help them to stay safe and to kill their enemies. And at the end of the game, whichever team kills the enemies they are greeted as “WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER”
The game is very interesting to play but the lagging issue has really troubled players a lot. Actually, the Smartphone version of the PUBG game consists of several bugs that tend to make the device slow.
But here I have tried to give you some of the best ways to fix the PUBG lagging issue on Android.
Hopefully, following the below ways will allow you to reduce PUBG lagging on Android and help you to play the game smoothly.
So let’s go through them.
How to Fix PUBG Lagging on Android Phones?
Fix 1: What Are the Requirements to Play PUBG on Android Without Lag?
Before playing PUBG on mobile, you should know what the basic requirements are? Because if you don’t have the PUBG Mobile requirements on your phone then obviously you will not be able to play the game smoothly.
OS– Android 5.1 or higher
GPU– Adreno 505/ Mali T830 or higher
Processor– Snapdragon 430/ Kirin -655 or higher
Fix 2: What Are the Basic Optimizations to Play PUBG on Android?
Few basic things that you must do to prevent any kind of lagging issue on PUBG mobile gaming include:
- Reboot your device once before playing and it will be better to clear out the cache
- Try not to play games in mobile data and connect your device to a stable Wi-Fi connection
- Go to battery settings > open battery saver and choose PUBG > click on no restrictions just to enable a smooth experience
- While playing games on Wi-Fi, it’s better to turn on Airplane Mode to stop unwanted calls or popups
- Avoid playing games while your phone is in charging mode
Fix 3: Uninstall PUBG and Again Reinstall It
When you come across a lagging issue on Android while playing then one thing you can do to fix the issue. Simply uninstall the game and again and reinstall it. Doing this can solve several issues including the lagging problem.
In fact, if the installation of the game is bad then it will never work smoothly. So once you should try this procedure to get rid of the PUBG mobile lag issue on Android.
Fix 4: Clear Cache and Data of PUBG Mobile Game
Another useful way that can help you to solve PUBG mobile lag issue is by clearing the cache and data of the particular app. To do that, follow the below steps:
- First, go to Settings on your phone
- Then go to Apps or App Manager or Applications
- After that, click on ‘All Apps’ and search for PUBG Mobile, then click it
- Now click on Clear Cache. If a storage option is available then click on it and clear out the cache and data of the app
Fix 5: How to Fix Network and Ping Issue in PUBG
Some of the users have reported about the lagging issues are of high ping or packet loss. In this, when any action is done in the game then it sends to the server. This ping is how much time it takes to reach the server and it happens actually.
If you have a higher ping, the more time it will take to shoot a weapon. And almost every game uses ping and it should be low as a competitive aspect.
So to fix this issue, you should ensure you are connected to the right server while playing PUBG mobile. You have the option to select a server in the top left on the home screen. Just assume that if you are based in the USA then you have to select North America.
Fix 6: Enable Developer Options to Make Some Changes to Low Lagging Issue
Enabling the developer options is not a difficult task. Simply go to Settings > About Phone and then click “Build Number” 5 times.
After the developer option is enabled, open it and do some changes as mentioned below:
- Window Animation Scale to 0.5x
- Animator Duration scale to 0.5 x
- Transition animation scale to 0.5x
After changing these settings, now do the following:
- Enable Force GPU rendering, Force 4x MSAA, and also Disable HW overlays
For Redmi users who are playing PUBG mobile, they should Turn on MIUI Optimization
Fix 7: Decrease Lag Issue on PUBG Android by Using GFX Tool
Maybe you are not aware of GFX Tool but it is specially designed for PUBG games. It is used to unlock Full HD graphics with 60 FPS and other settings on graphics. This tool is available for Android and is comfortable in both Chinese and international game versions.
Now follow the steps:
- First, download and install GFX Tool on your Android phone
- Remember to close PUBG if it’s running before installing the tool
- Now begin to customize PUBG Mobile graphic settings
- Version: Choose the latest version of the PUBG Mobile game
- Graphics: The graphics you will select should match your device’s compatibility
- FPS: Frame per second should be up to 60 FPS.
- Unlock HD: 3 options are available: Classic, Colorful and Realistic. Doing this will make the game “heavier” after activation.
- When everything is set up, simply tap on Accept. After that, a video ad is played and your settings will be applied.
- You may come across an error during playing PUBG and in that situation, you need to tap on the Repair button in-game, then close the game and restart the GFX tool.
NOTE – If you want to use the GFX tool then it should be installed previously before you play the PUBG Mobile game.
Fix 8: Set Up the Graphics Options to Reduce Lag Issues on PUBG Mobile
This is yet another way to solve lag on PUBG mobile. Follow the steps and do some changes to the graphics option.
- First, open the game and tap on Settings > graphics
- Here you have to change graphics options to “Smooth”, style as “Classic” and Frame rate as “Low” and then disable auto-disable graphics
- In fact, you can select a map that is having low ping while playing the game. Also, don’t enable voice chat unless required and this can really lower the lag issue
Fix 9: Clear Cache of Android Phone
Clearing the cache and data of the PUBG mobile app is not enough. You must also clear the cache of your phone to fix lag in the PUBG mobile.
This solution should work on your device if the cluttered cache on your phone is causing the PUBG to lag on Android. To clear the cache of your Android phone, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you have to enter the recovery mode. For this, turn off your phone > press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for a while until you see the options on the screen.
- Now, use the Volume buttons to navigate through the given options and the power button to select the option. Here, select the Recovery Mode.
- After entering the Recovery Mode, select the Wipe Cache Partition option.
- Now, your phone will be rebooted and restart normally.
Fix 10: Stop Apps Running in the Background
There are so many Android phones which come with the features of disabling the apps running in the background and turning off the autostarting of apps.
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Go to the Permissions.
- Tap on the Autostart option.
- Now, you can turn off all the apps that you don’t think are required to run in the background of your phone.
Fix 11: Disable Battery Optimization for Mobile PUBG
We often enable the battery saver on our mobile for the long battery life. However, doing this may sometimes create issues while using some apps, and PUBG is one of them.
Some of the apps require high performance that is not possible in battery saver mode. So, if your PUBG Mobile lags on the Android phone, then make sure you have not enabled the battery optimization on the device.
If it is enabled, then turn it off by following these instructions:
- Open Settings > go to the Battery Settings.
- Tap on the Battery Saver/Battery Optimization option.
- Search for the PUBG MOBILE and turn it off.
- Now, try to play the game again and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Fix 12: Remove Unnecessary Apps to Free Up Storage Space
To play the game without lagging or stuttering issues, you must have enough storage space on the device, especially when you’re playing a heavy game like PUBG. PUBG Mobile keeps generating & deleting the files in the background of the device while playing the game.
So, if you have a low storage space on your Android phone, then you may face the PUBG Mobile lagging issue. Hence, always ensure that you have enough space on your hone to avoid these problems.
Fix 13: Enable Overclock Mode
Many Android phones come with the Overclock mode feature, especially if you have a gaming phone. Doing this helped many users to fix the PUBG lag on Android phone issue. So, if your phone has this feature, then enable the Overclock mode.
If you are a Redmi phone user, then you won’t find this feature however, there is a similar feature called MIUI optimization. So, turn on this feature to reduce the lag problem on PUBG.
Fix 14: Disable Unnecessary Services
Players always suggested running games with minimum services enabled on the device. There are so many unwanted services on Android phones which are not required, such as GPS location, Bluetooth, vibration, auto-rotate, printing, etc.
So, if any of these services are enabled on your device, then disable them to resolve PUBG Mobile lags on Android.
Fix 15: Install PUBG MOBILE on Phone’s Internal Storage
You are always recommended to install the PUBG MOBILE app on your phone’s internal memory storage, not on the external storage.
It is because games on internal storage performance better than being on the SD/memory card as it works slower. Hence, for better gaming speed, install the game on internal storage.
Fix 16: Use BAGT Tool to Fix PUBG Mobile Lagging/Stuttering on Android Phone
Just like GFX, BAGT Tool is also a graphics optimization tool that works great when PUBG lags on Android devices. Now, follow these instructions to find out the complete usage of this app:
- Launch Google Play Store > search for the BAGT Tool
- Install the BAGT Tool on your smartphone.
- Open the BAGT Tool app.
- Now, choose the Game Version of the PUBG installed on your phone.
- Next, set the following settings as per your requirements:
- Graphics Quality: Smooth
- Resolution: Medium/High
- Shadow Quality: None
- Color Style: Classic/Colorful
- Shadow Render distance: Low
- Moving Shadows: Disabled
- Frame Rate: 60fps
- Light Effects: None
- Detail Render Distance: Low
- Sound Enhancement: Low/High
- Rendering Quality: Low
- Antialiasing: None
- Texture Quality: High
- GPU Optimization: Enabled
- Save all the Settings.
Now, try to run the PUBG Mobile and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Bonus Tip – How to Fix PUBG Emulator Lag Issue
There are many users who play this game on their PC and it is only possible with some emulators. Emulators are the software that lets a computer work just similar to another computer system.
But here also the same issue can be found and in fact, lots of users have reported about the lagging issue on PUBG Mobile while playing on PC.
Now it’s really a difficult situation to handle.
I have gone through several forums and discussions and found that several of them have suggested using different emulators to fix the issue.
Though you cannot deny the fact that PUBG Mobile contains lots of bugs but the issue is from the app side. So to fix the issue, you can use Tencent Gaming Buddy which is a PUBG Mobile emulator that can give you some better performance while playing the game.
If trying these emulators also troubles you and the same lagging issue you get again and again while playing the game then you can visit this blog to fix PUBG mobile lags on Tencent Emulator for PC.
So now coming to conclusion, I hope whatever fixes discussed in this blog for the PUBG lagging on Android issue are easy to follow and you will surely get rid of the PUBG Mobile lag issue on Android.
Following the above fixes will now help you to play the game smoothly without any problem.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.