If you have unintentionally or accidentally deleted your Android contacts, Android Contacts Recovery is the best tool for deleted contact recovery. And if you have the backup VCF/CSV file of the lost or deleted contacts then restoring deleted contacts on Android is even easier.
So, today in this article, we are going to discuss all possible ways to recover deleted contacts on Android no matter even if you have a backup of the deleted contacts or not.
To recover deleted contacts Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
Does your Contacts Really Gone After Deletion?
Well, when you don’t find some of your contacts, we suggest you check for those contacts first to confirm that is it really got deleted or not. As at most times, it has been seen that contacts don’t appear or visible on your screen because of the disabled Display All Contacts option.
So, before proceeding with contact recovery, check for this option. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Contacts on your Android phone.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select Contacts to display option.
- Now, on the contacts to Display section, select All contacts.
Note: [Steps may vary according to the device models.]
If after doing this, your contacts are not visible, go for recovering deleted contacts using the below methods.
How to Restore Deleted Contacts on Android?
You can restore deleted contacts using Google Contacts, Google Drive, or using third-party Android Contacts Recovery software.
Part 1: Deleted Contact Recovery [Without Backup]
Method 1: Use Android Contacts Recovery [Recommended]
If you want hassle-free recovery of deleted contacts on your Android phone, Android Contacts Recovery is the highly recommended software.
This tool is proficient in recovering deleted data including contacts, photos, videos, files, etc on your Android phone. It works on almost all Android phones.
The software can recover contacts from a broken phone, locked, unresponsive, or rooted phones. So, no matter how you lose your data, you can always recover them using this software.
Method 2: Using Recovery Apps from Google Play Store.
Nowadays, several apps are available on the internet for deleted contact recovery online. You can use them to restore your deleted Android contacts. Some of them are paid and some are free. So, you just need to use a reliable app to restore the deleted contacts.
Some of the best contact recovery apps available on Play Store are listed below:
Part 2: Restore Deleted Contacts on Android [With Backup]
- How To Recover Deleted Contacts Android Using SIM Card?
- Use SD Card for Deleted Contact Recovery on Android
- Use Google Contacts
- Restore Contacts Using Google Drive
- Recover Deleted Contacts Using Backup & Restore Software
Method 1: How To Recover Deleted Contacts Android Using SIM Card?
In case you have saved all your phone contacts in a SIM card you can use it to retrieve your lost contacts Android SIM card. Also, you can use this method to restore your old phone contacts to a new Android phone in case of a phone change.
You just need to follow the below instructions:
- Insert the SIM card into your Android phone.
- Next, open the Contacts application.
- Click on the three dots icon and choose Import/Export.
- Then, select the Import from SIM card option.
- Choose the contacts that you want to import and click on Done.
Method 2: Use SD Card for Deleted Contact Recovery on Android
If you have made a backup of all your Android contacts on an SD card, or PC prior to deletion, you can restore the deleted contacts using these backups. However, follow the below steps guide to restore deleted contacts using SD card backup.
- Insert the SD card into your Android phone.
- Open Contacts and click on the Menu button.
- Select Settings and choose the Import/Export option.
- Then, click on Import and select Import from SD card.
- Choose the stored VCF/CSV file and import it to your Android phone.
Method 3: Use Google Contacts
If you have synced your contacts to your Google account, your contacts are automatically got saved on Google Contacts. So, you can use this method to restore your deleted contacts on your Android phone.
Below are the steps to restore deleted contacts using Google Contacts:
- Go to Google Contacts or visit its Website.
- Tap the Profile icon at the top right side and choose the Contacts app settings option.
- Now, scroll down and select Undo changes option.
- Select the date range of the contacts that you want to recover.
- Once selected, click on Confirm.
Method 4: Restore Contacts Using Google Drive
Another method you can use for deleted contact recovery is Google Drive backup. So, if you have backed up your contacts using Google Drive, you can easily be able to recover them.
Follow the below steps to recover your lost contacts using Google Drive:
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Next, scroll down and select Google.
- Select the Setup & restore option.
- Here, click on the Restore contacts option.
- Now, select the device if you have multiple devices synced and click on Restore.
Method 5: Recover Deleted Contacts Using Backup & Restore Software
If you have made the backup of all your phone contacts using Android Backup & Restore tool, you can easily be able to restore your deleted contacts using the same.
This amazing software can be used both for backing up your Android data and restoring the same whenever you want. The tool is capable of restoring deleted or lost data under any circumstances. You can not only restore deleted contacts but also other data such as photos, music, video, files, text messages, and many more using this software.
It is supportable on all Android phone brands such as LG, Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Nokia, and others. Once you backed up all your Android data using this software, you don’t have to worry about data loss.
Restore Contacts Using Samsung Cloud
If you are using a Samsung device and used Samsung Cloud to create backups of your data, you can easily recover your lost contacts using this drive.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Go to your phone Settings app.
- Go to the Accounts and backup section.
- Click on the Restore data option.
- Select the device from which you want to restore contacts.
- Ensure Contacts is marked. Then, click on Restore.
Note: [This method can also recover deleted contacts after a factory reset.]
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I restore Google contacts from a year ago?
Unfortunately, you cannot restore Google contacts from a year ago. This feature can only be used only when you have to recover the contacts that you have deleted within 30 days. After deletion, the contact goes to Google Contact’s trash folder and stays there for 30 days before it is deleted forever.
Is it possible to restore deleted phone contacts using the google account?
No, it is not possible. You can only restore those contacts using the Google account that is saved to your account. In such case, you can go for checking the Google Contact’s Trash bin.
So, above are some methods that you can use for deleted contact recovery. Follow the methods step-by-step and recover lost contacts on your Android phone. Also, don’t forget to use Android Contacts Recovery software to restore lost or deleted data on Android phones.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.