Google Play services play a vital role as it reminds its users with timely update notifications for Google apps. However, it might become unsupportable when found any launched app to be outdated or incompatible with your device.
Hereby, when such scenarios are detected while launching some of the apps, it shows up with a small message stating “Google Play Services not supported by your device”. Well, the problem doesn’t need tricky troubleshooting instead can be solved just by applying a few simple fixes.
But before jumping straight to the solutions, it’s always good to know the causes behind the problem. Knowing causes will help you to treat the problem with the most effective solution thereby fixing it from the root base.
Why Is The “Google Play Services Not Supported By Your Device”?
Users face this problem mostly due to below highlighted and mentioned causes:
- Outdated Google Play Services App- As it was already highlighted that working on outdated Google Play services can definitely give you hard time. Therefore, this is the major reason that triggers this problem.
- Compatibility Problem- Second major reason occurring this error on your device is an incompatible app. If the app you are trying to launch is not compatible with your device then it ends up flashing Google Play services is not supported by your device Android.
- An issue with a Device- If there is an internal issue on your device then it may also cause this problem to arise.
- Overloaded cache on Google Play Services- Another reason causing this problem is the overloaded cache on your Google Play services. Accumulated cache mostly disturbs the functioning process thereby flashing you this error.
So, these are some possible reasons behind this issue. Now as you are aware of them, you can easily tackle them by making the effective choice of solution among various mentioned according to the scenario’s demand.
How to Fix “Google Play Services Not Supported By Your Device”?
Solution 1: Restart Your Device
As it has been mentioned that the device’s temporary internal issues may raise this error on your Android. So starting with the basic troubleshooting, you need to restart your device to get fixed with the temporary issues that further will resolve Google Play services not supported by your device Android problem.
For this, follow the steps below:
- Long press the Power button until the power menu appears.
- Then tap on the Restart option and wait for the device to restart.
- Once restarted, open the app whose launch previously gave you this error message and check for the problem.
Solution 2: Update the Google Services
Next, you have to check for your Google play service version. If operating an outdated version then update it to the latest available version to get rid of the problem. Update Your Google Play service with the below-guided instructions.
- Open the Play Store.
- Next, click on the Profile icon and select the option Manage apps & devices.
- Now under the Updates section find the Google Play service and check for any updates available.
- If found, tap the Update button next to the Google Play services to update it.
Once updated, open the app which pops you this error message and launch it again to check for the error problem.
Solution 3: Clear Google Play Services Cache
Sometimes, having too much cache on your Google Play services may trouble you with many other problems such as Google Play Services keeps stopping, Google play services account action required, etc. Therefore, here you have to clear the cache load on Google services to get done with the “Google Play services unsupportable on your device” error issue. Follow the steps guide below to wipe the cache:
- Go to device Settings.
- Select the option Apps.
- After that, select Google Play services from the appeared app list.
- Now, on the next opened tab, go to Storage
- Here tap on the “Clear data” & “Clear cache” options one after another.
Now your Google Play services is all clear from overloaded data & cache. Also, you can apply the same steps for clearing cache from Google Play Store; instead of Google Play service, you need to search for Play Store.
Solution 4: Avoid Using Incompatible Application
Sometimes if you are trying to use an app that is not compatible with your device then you may encounter such an error on your Android device. As incompatible apps won’t run or launch thereby flashing you the notification Google services is unsupportable on your Android device. So, here it is suggested not to use those apps that your device’s OS doesn’t support or is incompatible with.
Solution 5: Update All Other Android Apps
When Google Play service finds any app to be outdated it might reflect this error on your Android device. So another potential solution you can try is to update all other apps on your device to get rid of the Google Play services unsupportable on your device error.
Here is how you can update them all in one go:
- Visit Google Store.
- Tap on Profile.
- Next, click on Manage apps & devices.
- Go to the Updates section and tap on Update All.
- Wait for all the apps to get updated as it takes some time depending on your network speed.
- Once done with the installation update, check for the problem.
Solution 6: Update Your Device
Another solution you can apply is to update your Android device. As updating your device to the latest Android version will solve the problem thereby making it compatible with the apps that were previously not launched due to incompatibility issues. You can do so by following the below steps as instructed:
- Go to your device Settings.
- Then, click on System.
- Here go for the System Update.
- Go for the Check for Updates option at the bottom and if found hit on the Download Update option and wait until the installation.
Note: [Do not perform any other action while system update is in process]
- Once done, reboot your device and check for the error problem.
Solution 7: Perform Factory Reset on Android
Lastly, if none of the above-mentioned fixes works for you, try performing a hard reset on your Android device. As this will definitely get you out of this problematic error problem. But don’t forget to keep a backup of your entire Android data before going for a factory reset.
Follow the steps below:
- Visit the Android Settings.
- Select “Backup & Reset”.
- Next, choose the option “Erase all data (Factory Reset)”.
- Lastly, tap on the “Delete all data” option at the bottom.
How do you fix Google Play services not working?
If your Google Play services is not working then you can go for restarting your Android device. Restarting the device can mostly fix any issues on your Android device. Moreover, you can also go for below mentioned fixes to get rid of Google services not working problem.
- Update the Google services app.
- Flush the Google Play services cache.
- Turn off Google Play services.
- Clear out your device cache.
What caused Google Play Services to stop?
Every application needs to be updated to work smoothly on your Android device. As updates maximize the apps to their full potential. Therefore, the biggest reason your google play services keep stopping is the outdated app. So, always keep your app up to date to avoid meeting such error problems.
Why can’t I update Google Play Services?
Google Play Services plays an important role in keeping your Google apps updated from the Play Store. So, it itself needs to be updated for the other apps' better performance. Well if you can’t update your Google Play services then it may be because:
- Insufficient device storage.
- Overloaded data cache that is conflicting.
- Corrupted components of Google Play.
- A distinction between device & actual time.
So above are the bunch of potential solutions that will help you solve your “Google Play Services not supported by your device” error in no time.
Although if you forgot to keep a backup of your Android data before performing a factory reset, then you can use our best Android Data Recovery tool to recover your lost data on your Android device.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.