If you are planning to give away your phone to someone or sell it off, you need to wipe it completely for data privacy. So, in this guide, you’ll discover how to wipe Android phone and tablet before giving them away or selling them.
So, continue reading further….
Things to Do Before Wiping Your Android Phone
Before wiping your Android phone, it’s important to take certain precautions to ensure you don’t lose any important data. Here are some recommended steps to follow:
- Back up your data: It’s crucial to back up any important data on your Android device. You can back up your data using cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive to upload and store your files. You can also backup Android data to PC.
- Note down important information: Remember to note down your essential information, such as app login credentials, Wi-Fi passwords, or other data you may need to set up your device again.
- Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP): If you have enabled FRP on your Android device, make sure to disable FRP on Android before wiping it.
- Sign out of accounts and services: To ensure your privacy and security, sign out of accounts and services on your device. This includes email accounts, social media accounts, banking apps, and any other apps that require login credentials.
- Unpair Bluetooth devices: If you have paired your Android device with Bluetooth accessories such as headphones, speakers, or smartwatches, unpair them to ensure a clean disconnection.
- Remove external storage: If your device has an external SD card, eject and remove it from the device before performing the factory reset. This step will prevent the SD card from being wiped.
By doing the above-suggested things, you can safeguard your important data and make the process of wiping Android phone & tablet more efficient.
How To Wipe Android Phone & Tablet?
Method 1: Wipe Android Phone with Factory Reset (Official Method)
If you want to delete your complete Android data, a Factory reset is the first and the official way that we suggest.
But, remember to backup Android data before factory reset to recover them later. Once backed up, follow the below instruction to wipe your Android phone through a factory reset.
- Open Settings on your phone or tablet.
- Head to the System settings section.
- Scroll down and click on Back up and reset.
- Now, select the Reset phone option and tap on Erase all data.
- Wait until your phone gets factory reset.
But still, there is a possibility to recover Android data after factory reset. So, we recommend you go for the next recommended method to permanently wipe Android phone.
Method 2: Use Android Data Eraser (Recommended Method)
If you are wondering how to delete data from Android phone permanently, Android Data Eraser is the best option you have.
This is the most suggested and effective tool that completely wipes Android phones without any recovery option. Moreover, the data deleted using this software is permanently wiped off from your phone and cannot be recovered back.
It supports every Android phone like Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomi, and many more.
Download the tool using the below button and follow the user guide instruction.
Method 3: Wipe Android Phone Remotely
To wipe Android phone with broken screen or wipe Android phone when locked, you can use Google Find My Device.
- The device must be connected to mobile data or WiFi.
- Is signed in to a Google Account.
- It has Find My Device turned on.
- Is visible on Google Play.
If you have these requirements fulfilled, here are the steps to follow:
- Browse Google Find My Device using any browser on your PC.
- Now, sign in using your Google account credentials.
- Then, select the device on which you want to wipe data, in case of multiple registered devices.
- On the next screen, choose Erase Device option.
- Confirm erasing data by tapping Erase option.
- Now, wait until it erases all your phone data and make it new as before.
How to Wipe Android Phone From PC?
If you are planning to discard your Samsung phone that won’t turn on but wondering how to erase the data on it, use Samsung Find My Device.
Note: (Backup Samsung phone data before performing this method.]
You can use a PC to permanently delete your Samsung data. Here’s how you can do so:
- Browse Find My Device on your PC.
- Then, log in with the same Gmail credentials that you used on your device.
- Choose the device on which you want to clear data if multiple devices are linked.
- Then, select Erase Device option on the next screen.
- Lastly, wait for it to completely erase data on your phone.
Also Read: How to Wipe Android Phone Before Selling?
Backup Android Data Before Wiping It Using Backup & Restore
All the above methods will result in data loss. Hence, we recommend you use Backup & Restore tool back up your essential phone data before wiping it.
This is the easiest and the most reliable way of backing up data as well as recovering the same. You can back up and restore several data such as videos, music, call logs, photos, notes, app data, emails, and much more using this software.
The software is compatible with most Android phones including Sony, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, Xiaomi, and others.
Here is the user guide for using the software.
So, here comes the end of this blog. I hope the discussed method helped you well to delete data from Android phone permanently and answered your question on how to wipe Android phone.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.