If you are facing an audio delay issue while playing videos on Android and wondering how to fix it, then you must read this article. Audio delay in video Android mainly occurs because of corrupt video or video player. So, downloading the video again or reinstalling the video player will help you escape the issue. However, for more workarounds keep reading the article.
The audio latency problem on videos is very much annoying. Therefore, such a problem needs to be resolved firsthand. So, we have curated an extensive guide for you that will not only provide you with the fixes to troubleshoot the problem but will also explain to you the reasons that trigger such issues.
So, let’s begin….
To fix any Android related issues, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
What Causes Audio Delay in Video Android?
As said above video or video player corruption are the major reasons that are responsible for such a problem. However, there are other reasons also that can cause such issues. Below are the listed causes of this problem.
- Android device’s internal issues- At times your Android device’s internal bugs or glitches can cause such issues.
- App glitch- If you are playing videos on any app like YouTube, Instagram, etc, and facing such a problem, it may be because you are using the older version of the app or the app is currently facing internal issues.
- Headphone issue- It’s also possible that the headphone you are using is faulty and causing such an issue.
- Connection issue- If you are using the wireless earphone, must ensure that the connection should be within range as outside Bluetooth range audio latency problems can occur.
So, above are some of the causes that trigger such an issue. Now, as you are aware of the reasons, follow the mentioned solutions accordingly to eliminate the audio latency issue on video.
How to Fix Audio Delay in Video Android?
Solution 1: Restart Your Android Phone
Most of the time, it has been found that your Android’s internal issues or bugs are responsible for such problems. Therefore, we here suggest you restart your Android device once and then try launching the video to check the audio latency issue.
Follow the given steps below to reboot your Android device:
- Long press the Power button until the Power menu appears
- Next, select the Restart option on the menu.
- Now, wait until your device restarts.
Once restarted, play the video and check if the audio delay problem in video Android is fixed.
Solution 2: Download the Video Again from Reliable Source
Corrupted video is one of the major causes that trigger such a problem. Therefore, in case you face this problem every time you play a particular video, it is suggested to play another video and check if the problem exists. If not, the cause will be cleared to you. In that case, download the video again from a reliable source to resolve the issue.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Default Video Player
Another major reason responsible for the audio delay problem is a corrupted video player. In case, the video player you are using to play the video is corrupted or outdated, it can occur this problem. So, here, simply reinstalling the app will help you to deal with the audio delay issue in the video. By reinstalling, the app will also get updated.
Follow the below instructions to reinstall the VLC video player:
- Long press the VLC video player icon on the Home screen.
- Tap the i icon and select Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm.
- When uninstalled, visit the Play Store and look for the VLC app.
- Once appeared, click the Install button to download the app.
- Now, play the video using the VLC Player and check for the problem.
Solution 4: Check Your Headphone
In most cases, faulty headphones are also found to be responsible for such an issue. So, if the headphone, you are using is damaged or have any kind of issues it can end up causing this problem. So, check for the headphone issue by trying another headphone and playing the video to see if the problem persists or not.
In case, the problem is solved, it’s better. If not, proceed to another solution.
Solution 5: Re-establish the Bluetooth Connection
If you are using wireless headphones, it might possible that due to connectivity issues the audio delay problem is arising in the video. So, you must ensure that the connection should be proper. Also, we advise you to re-establish your Bluetooth connection once and then check for the problem.
Below are the steps to re-connect Bluetooth connectivity:
- Open the shortcut menu on your Android device and long-press the Bluetooth
- Next, tap on the connected Headphone and click Unpair.
- Once done, scan for the available devices.
- Now, select your Headphone and click Pair to reconnect.
- Allow the required permissions for your Headphone and play the video again and check audio and video out of sync in Android
Solution 6: Update the App
In case you are playing the video on any app such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc, and facing this problem, it might be because the app you are using is outdated. Older versions are not capable enough and with time also start causing different problems and audio delay is one of them. So, here it is suggested to update the app to the latest available version to fix audio latency on video.
Here are the steps to update the app:
- Launch the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Next, click on the Profile icon and select the Manage apps and device option.
- Go to the Updates section and navigate to the App that you are using and check for updates.
- If any are found, tap the Update button next to the app to initialize downloading.
- Wait until the app updates and installs.
- Once done, open the app and play the video to see if the problem is solved.
Solution 7: Adjust Audio Delay on VLC
VLC comes with a feature, where you can adjust the audio delay according to the video. So, when facing such an issue, try adjusting the Audio delay on VLC to resolve the issue. Follow the guided instructions to do so:
- Open the VLC Player, and play the video in which facing audio-video sync issue.
- Tap the Subtitle icon.
- Now, select the Audio Delay option.
- Next, adjust the delay time as per the video.
Once done, save these settings for all time so that every time you play the particular video for which you made the changes will be played with these settings only.
- On the VLC Player, tap the three horizontal dots at the bottom right corner.
- Next, select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select Video under the Extra settings category.
- Check the option box for Save audio delay.
Recommended: Android Repair Tool
In case you are facing audio latency issue due to internal problems on Android, we recommend our professional Android Repair Tool.
This tool can effectively repair several Android issues & errors such as the app keep crashing, black/blue screen of death, system update/download failed, setting has stopped, etc.
It works with a simple 1 click and repairs the Android system to normal. The program has a high chance of fixing the issues faced by Android users. To operate this repair tool, no technical skill is required. It can be used without any hassle and Android devices will be free of any kind of unexpected errors.
So, these are some of the effective workarounds that will help you to fix the audio delay issue. However, the issue is very frustrating as it spoils your current entertaining mood and video’s fun. But with this article, you’ll be easily able to deal with the problem and enjoy your video without further issues.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.