While trying to send a text message, have you ever encountered an Unable to Send Message – Message Blocking is Active error on Android device? If yes, then you might start thinking instantly that the receiver may have blocked your contact, but that is not always true.
There are lots of other reasons too that can stop you from sending a text message. But don’t worry, it is a common issue among Android users and can be fixed easily. In this guide, I am going to discuss the best troubleshooting ways to fix Message Blocking is Active error on Android.
So, read this article thoroughly to know more about the free message: unable to send a message – message blocking is active error. Also, get to know its possible causes and different ways to fix this error.
What Does Unable to Send Message – Message Blocking is Active Error Mean?
When the message block gets active, it stops you from sending or receiving a text message on your Android phone. This error message notifies when users attempt to send a message to the receiver, and it gets blocked.
Blocking Error Message:
Free Message: unable to send a message – message blocking is active
This error usually occurs when senders or receivers contact number is listed on the block list. Let’s take a look at other possible reasons behind this error in the next section.
What Causes Message Blocking is Active Error?
Several reasons may cause message blocking is active error in your Android device. Here are some of the possible causes listed below that can stop you from sending a message:
- Blocklist: Being a part of the blocked contact list won’t allow sending or receiving any messages due to which you may face error messages.
- Premium access: Some of the message applications use the premium access feature to send or receive messages. So, this feature must be active to allow the text messages to function.
- Service outage: Your network provider may have stopped your message services for maintenance purposes. You should wait for a few hours and retry sending messages.
- Shortcode issue: There can be a technical issue due to which message blocking gets active, mostly faced by T-Mobile users. This issue can only be fixed by technicians.
- Unsuitable plan: Your subscription plans might not including message servicing or you may not have sufficient balance in your plan to send a text message.
- Network issue: Your phone’s network signal strength might be too low to send a message. So try sending messages when signal bars are set high.
- Wrong country code: If the receiver is out of the country, then you have to add his/her location country code to make a call or send a message. Make sure that you are entering the correct country code.
- Inactive number: Inactivation of phone numbers also leads to message blocking active Ensure your number status and fix this issue.
Now it’s time to move towards the given solutions so that you can apply them to resolve this error.
Fix Unable To Send – Message Blocking is Active Error Using Android Repair Tool
Although there are several manual methods none of these fixes guarantee the fix of the issue. That’s why I recommend you using the Android Repair Tool.
It is considered to be the best tool to fix errors on Android devices. With the help of this advanced repairing tool, you can fix all kinds of errors/issues users come across while accessing the phone, such as the black screen of death error, stuck on the boot loop, app keeps crashing, etc.
So, whenever you face complex issues on your Android phone that can’t be fixed with manual solutions, use this tool to fix Android system issues with just a single click.
Best Ways To Fix Message Blocking Active Error on Android [Manual Methods]
Way 1: Check Number in Block List
The most common reason behind the free message: unable to send a message – message blocking is active error is that the receiver may have blocked your phone number, or you might have blocked the receiver’s contact number.
So first check your blocked contacts list if the receiver number is on the list, then unblock it. To do this, open the Contacts app > tap on three horizontal lines on the top left corner > click on Settings > Blocked numbers from the menu. Here, if your target number is in the list of blocklists, then unblock it so that you can send messages to the receiver.
But if you won’t find the target number in the list, contact the receiver using any other number or message through the social site and confirm that your number is blocked or not.
Lastly, if you want to read the text messages of the blocked Android user, then you can take the help of this recover blocked messages on Android guide.
Way 2: Allow Premium Message Access
Some Android devices include the Premium Message feature, so it’s better to check that your phone supports this feature or not. If it supports, then grant its permission to allow messaging service.
Here are the steps below to enable the premium access feature:
- Open Settings on your Android device
- Then go to App Management > Messaging section.
- Scroll down and tap on Special app access. Here you will get Allow Premium Access option. Tap on its switch to enable this option.
If you are a Samsung user, then follow the below steps:
- First, open Settings and go to the Applications section.
- Tap on three vertical dots at the top right corner of your phone screen.
- Then click on the Special access option from the menu and choose the Use Premium SMS services option.
- Next, tap on Message service and if you get the pop-up message, then choose the Always Allow option.
Way 3: Check Network Coverage Strength
If network coverage in your area is low, you won’t be able to send messages or make any calls. Once take a look at your phone’s signal bar and resend messages to the receiver.
If still, you found a message blocking active issue, then go for the next solution.
Way 4: Enable Text Message Services
You will get a text message service option Can send/receive text messages in your phone’s settings. You may have disabled this option mistakenly. So, make sure that this feature is enabled. Also, if the same situation exists on the receiver side, then you won’t be able to send a message and get the message blocking active error.
Note: If you won’t get an edit icon at the top of the Message section, then your phone number is inactive, due to which you can’t make any changes in your message setting. Therefore first active your number and enable the message service option.
Way 5: Verify Your Phone Number Active State
When a phone number is deactivated, users cannot send or receive any messages. So make sure that your number is active by checking its status on your phone’s settings. If you see Suspended or Still Porting status instead of Active, then contact the service provider to reactivate your phone number.
Way 6: Check Country Code for International Message
Every country has different phone number codes used to make international calls or messages. If you are internationally sending the message to the receiver then first confirm the country code of the target number.
If you are not sure about the code, you can make a quick online Google search for the correct country code and try resending the text message. It may help you to fix the message blocking active issue.
Way 7: Free Up the Storage Space
You must have at least 15% free space on your phone’s storage space to send or receive a text message. If you don’t have enough space on your phone, then free up the disk space by removing the unnecessary apps, duplicate documents, old photos, etc.
Way 8: Re-Save Contacts
If you are still getting the Free Message: Unable to Send Message – Message Blocking is Active error, then there must be something to do with that specific contact to whom you are trying to send a text message.
If you have saved the contact with the wrong number, then it will cause such issues. Hence, delete the contact number and save it again with the correct number.
Way 9: Restart Message Process to Resolve Message Blocking Active Error
It usually happens that when we send a message to a number that is, not saved in our phone’s contacts, then by mistake we enter the wrong digit. So if this is the case, then your target number may be invalid.
It’s better to save the number in your contacts and resend the message. Or re-type the number correctly and double-check it before sending a message.
Way 10: Check Text Message Contents
If you are trying to send non-text contents like images, attachments, videos, or GIFs, then first remove all these contents. Then try to send a plain text message to a receiver. If it solves the issue, then the error was due to your non-text contents.
To send this type of content through the messaging app, you will require a data connection. So make sure that you have enabled a network connection and it has the available data plan to send a message.
If you are facing, message blocking active error while sending a picture message on your Android phone then follow this guide Can’t Send Picture Messages On Android. It will help you to fix this issue.
Way 11: Switch Texting from iMessage to Messages
If you have shifted from iPhone to an Android phone, then your number might still be registered as an iMessaging. And, this is why you are getting the Message Blocking Active error on your Android phone.
To fix the issue, you need to turn off iMessage. For this, you may follow these steps:
- Put your SIM card back on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on Messages.
- Disable the iMessage option.
If this method didn’t work, then you can contact the Apple support team to deregister your phone number with iMessage.
Way 12: Clear Message App Cache
Clearing the cache will help you to remove all saved temporary files from an Android device. So try to turn off message blocking active error on Android by clearing the message app cache on your Android device.
To do this, open Settings and go to the Apps section. Then tap on the Message app and click on Storage usage. Here you will get the Clear Cache option tap on it.
It will clean all unwanted files of your message app. Now you can try to resend the message and check the issue is resolved or not.
Way 13: Contacting Support Team
If you are not able to fix Message Blocking Is Active error on your own, then contact the Support team. Contact the technical staff team of your phone’s carrier. They will definitely help you in fixing the error.
Way 14: Factory Reset your Phone to Fix Message Blocking is Active Error on Android
If the above-given solutions do not work for you, then factory reset your phone to resolve message blocking active error on Android devices.
But before performing a factory reset, you must set a backup of all data, or else you will lose them. To create a backup first, open Settings and go to the Backup and Reset section. Then tap on the Back up my data option. It will create a copy of your entire phone’s data and save it in a secure place.
Now you can perform a factory reset so, again go to the Backup and Reset section in Settings and tap on the Factory Data Reset option.
If you are not in the mood to reset your Android device, then you can contact your customer support team for help.
They will help you find the cause and give you step-by-step procedures to remove message blocking active errors or fix the error remotely.
Fix Message Blocking is Active Error in Gmail
This error doesn’t only appear while sending text messages on an Android phone but can also be found while communicating over Gmail as well. You can see this error message on Gmail for several reasons, such as:
- Entering the wrong Email address
- If you have entered the dot or any other special character at the end of the Email ID
- Entered the space in between the email address
- If you are sending spam mail continuously
Steps to fix Gmail Unable to Send Message – Message Blocking is Active error
- Make sure you have entered the correct email address.
- Don’t add any dot or special characters at the end of the email id.
- Don’t try to do unethical practices with your Gmail. Google algorithm is good at noticing such things, for example, if you are trying to collect personal information of other accounts using spam emails. Doing this will label your Gmail address as malware, and you will end up with a Message Blocking is Active error.
- Instead of sending emails to each person at a time, try to use the Google Groups feature to send an email to a bunch of people.
- If nothing worked out, then contact the support team and ask for help to fix this error.
Message Blocking is Active Error Message on Google Hangouts
Apart from Gmail, the Message Blocking is Active error also appears on Google Hangouts. As you know Google Hangouts is a messaging app developed by Google, many Android users use it as a default messaging app.
You can use this app for sending either a normal SMS or Hangout message. But to send a message via Google Hangouts the recipient’s number must be connected with the Google account.
So, if you are facing the same error message while sending a message via this app, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier in this guide. Also, make sure your Wi-Fi or cellular network is working properly.
If none of these helped you in resolving the error, then try to log out and re-login to your Hangouts account. It is easy to log out from the Hangouts app. Simply, follow these steps:
- Open your Hangouts app.
- Go to the menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings.
- Go to the Google Account.
- Tap on the Sign Out option.
- Once you signed out of the app, tap on the Sign In button to re-login to the app.
- Verify your phone number.
- Enable the option to let your contacts find you over the Hangouts app.
Fix Message Blocking is Active Error on T-Mobile
Among all the service providers, T-Mobile users seem to face this error message very often. They used to get this error message even if the device has not been updated.
The error can also get triggered when exceeding the character’s limit. However, you can fix it by following the below-given steps.
Solutions to Fix T-Mobile Free Message Bocking is Active Error
- Clear the messaging app’s cache and data
- Make sure you have entered the correct phone number of the recipient
- If clearing the app cache didn’t work, then you can try to uninstall and reinstall your messaging app on your Android phone. Doing this will help to fix the bug in the app that might be causing the problem.
- Reset Access Point Name Settings to default
How to Fix Message Blocking Active Error on Lycamobile?
Well, not just T-Mobile users but Lycamobile users are also experiencing the same issue. So many Lycamobile users have reported about the Free Message: Message Blocking is Active error on their Android phones.
As we discussed earlier, this error message may pop up if the plans have expired, slow internet connection, outdated OS, etc.
Best to Resolve Message Blocking is Active Error on Lycamobile
- Many users noticed and claimed that switching from Wi-Fi to cellular network fixed the error and resumed messaging service functioning.
- Remove the SIM card and put it into another phone. It will help you to know if the issue is with your device or the SIM. If the same error is showing on another device, then your SIM has some problem. In this case, contact the support team to help you out.
- Make sure the Lycamobile messaging service is set to the Lycamobile message center. To check this, go to the Settings page > Sending Profiles > call on the given toll-free number to find out the detail of the message center and set the updated message center.
- Or, you can buy a paid plan from the Lycamobile website.
Message Blocking Active Error: FAQs
1. How do I fix delayed messages?
Delay of text messages usually occurs due to low network connection. Apart from this, there are also various other reasons. So you can try to fix this issue by restarting your phone, clearing the app cache, resetting network settings, and many more. Get more details on this guide, Fix Delayed Text Messages on Android.
2. Can I recover deleted text messages on Android for free?
If you have message backup, then you can recover lost Android text messages. But if you don’t have the available backup, then I suggest you follow this guide Android SMS Recovery. It will help you to recover messages using backup as well as without backup.
3. Why does my phone keep saying message failed to send?
If you can receive the message but can’t send it to the target number, then the issue may be with your SMSC number because SMSC is only responsible for sending a message. So you should fix this issue by following some fixes:
So this is all about message blocking active issues on Android devices. I have listed all possible solutions. I hope now you can send a text message to a target number.
Thank you for reading!
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.