Did you unexpectedly lose your important text messages from your Android phone? Worried about how to retrieve those texts on Android? If you have deleted your texts and want to recover then read this blog completely. Here I am going to guide you on how to recover deleted text messages on Android using Android SMS Recovery along with some other manual methods.
So let’s go through this blog to retrieve inaccessible messages on Android…
To recover deleted text messages on Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media you wish to recover data from and click on Scan.
- Preview the files before recovery and choose Recover option to restore deleted data from Android.
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Texts on Android?
Yes, the deleted text messages on Android can be recovered. But do you know why it’s possible?
As your deleted data are hidden in the computer’s hard drive for retrieval, similarly Android data like text messages when deleted resides on the device’s internal memory in hidden form. Whenever you delete texts on Android, the space occupied by the data is marked as “unused”.
It means that you can save any new data on that space but it will overwrite the old text messages forever. However, until those data are overwritten, you have a chance to restore them. The Sooner you take action; you will have a high chance to recover.
But there are few things to follow for successful recovery of messages:
- Immediately stop accessing your phone after data loss happens
- Turn off mobile data or Wi-Fi from phone to avoid downloading or creating new files from the internet
- Look for powerful recovery software like Android Message Recovery to recover Android texts
Part 1: Recover Deleted Text Messages On Android Using Android SMS Recovery
Android Data Recovery is one of the best-suggested software that will help you to retrieve lost text messages on Android. This Android SMS Recovery tool is the perfect solution because it has the highest success recovery rate in the industry. Whatever reasons have deleted the texts on Android, using this tool will surely get out of the problem.
It has a powerful scanning algorithm that scans the entire internal memory of the device to find the lost messages. The best thing is not only your text messages are recovered but supports other file types as well like contacts, WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, call logs, documents, notes, and many more. It has a preview option before recovery and works on all Android devices like Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Nokia, HTC, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, and many more.
So you are suggested to download Android SMS Recovery and recover deleted text messages on Android.
Follow the user guide to know how to use recovery software.
Part 2: Manual Ways To Recover Lost Text Messages On Android
There are few manual methods as well that can help you to restore deleted messages on your Android phone. So let’s go through them:
Method 1: Get Back Disappeared Texts On Android Via Google Backup
If you have enabled the sync option on your phone then your data are automatically backed up to Google Drive. And it increases the chance to restore text messages.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, open Google Drive on your phone
- After that, click on three lines button to open the Menu
- Now, select “Backup”
- Here you should check if your data is backed up
But remember that whatever data is backed up to Google Drive can be restored by logging with the same ID on a new device. Now follow the below steps to retrieve messages:
- First, sign in to Google account on another device
- While setting up, tap on “Restore” when it popups and asks you whether you want to restore Android backup
- Once the entire process is finished, go and check your text messages folder
Method 2: Ask Sender Or Receiver For Texts Messages
This is also one of the best ways to deal with the loss of text messages on Android. When you realize that your messages are deleted then take action immediately. You can ask the person to send your text messages to you back as it is deleted from your end.
Just request him or her if they still have that message on their devices and simply ask for the screenshot to forward you.
Method 3: Contact Your Carrier For Deleted Text Messages
Unexpected data loss situations can delete several data like text messages and to recover them, you explore a variety of options. However, you can able to recover lost Android text messages from the carrier. Though many users don’t opt for this recovery method it is also considered the easiest solution.
What happens is whenever any message you send to anyone, first it reaches to your network and after that, it reaches to their network and at last receiver gets that message.
So you can ask your carrier for those texts and if you are lucky then access those messages again. You will get some carriers who store the messages for 30 days. Therefore, you only need to contact customer support and if possible, they will help you to get back your texts on Android.
Bonus Tip: How to backup text messages on Android for future use?
Part 1: Use Android Backup & Restore Tool to back up your text messages
Backing up your important data like text messages are a great way to deal with any kind of data loss situation. There are several backup ways that can help you to store your vital SMS safe for future use.
In this context, Android Data Backup & Restore tool is an effective program that helps you to backup all your text messages and other data with ease. This is a complete backup tool that reduces the chance of losing SMS from Android in daily life.
Part 2: How to backup texts to an SD card
Another useful way to backup all your text messages are using an SD card. If your device supports an external SD card then it’s easy to transfer all your texts from internal storage to an SD card. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the Messaging app on your phone
- After that, click on the particular conversation that you wish to backup
- Then press the menu key on the screen
- Now go back to Settings and look for Import/Export option
- And then click on Export to SD card
Now all your messages are safe on an SD card and whenever you want them, you can restore back.
Part 3: How to backup SMS to Google Drive
Data is important for everyone and to avoid any kind of data loss from phones, it’s better to back up every useful piece of data in a safe place. Nowadays, several Android phones are coming with cloud storage that allows you to backup several data including text messages.
Even you can use your Google account to save your messages:
- First, go to Settings and search for Google (services & preferences)
- Then click on it and move down to Backup
- Here enable Backup to Google Drive. You will have to add an account and then click on Backup Now. This process can take some time according to your data and then your data are backed up safely.
Part 4: Use SMS Backup and Restore
In order to deal with SMS loss cases, you can use SMS Backup & Restore app available in Play Store. With the help of this app you can regularly back up your SMS messages on your Android and hence, you will not require the need of Android SMS Data Recovery software.
If you have backed up your messages using SMS Backup & Restore then you can use that backup file to restore your text messages.
Below find out the steps on how to backup and restore SMS using the app:
- Install SMS Backup & Restore app on your phone launch it and tap on Backup.
- After this select what you exactly want to do, then tap on Local backup and upload – if you want to send your backup to Google Drive, Dropbox, or an email address.
- Make your choice from the list of option that appears and tap on OK.
- Now to restore SMS messages from the backup, tap on Restore from the home screen of the app, and then from the Restore Backup page tap on the backup name in the list to restore it – if it is stored locally.
- If your backup is stored on the cloud, then tap on the menu (3 dots) located at the top right, then load from and select the cloud service on which you have stored your SMS backup.
- There are also several features available in SMS Backup & Restore such as – schedule backup, password protection, etc. You can find all such options by simply tapping on Menu (3 dots) and then hit on Preferences.
So, I hope that from the above solution, you were able to retrieve your lost or deleted SMS messages from your Android device (phone or tablets) by using Android Data Recovery software. Also, you have learned the easiest and simple way to backup and restore SMS on Android using the SMS Backup and Restore app.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.