Are you also experiencing the “text messages disappeared on Android” issue? Looking for solutions to fix it? If so, then this is the post you were looking for. Here, you will find the solutions to troubleshoot this problem on your Android phone.
We use phones to communicate by making calls, sending and receiving text messages, making video calls, etc. Nowadays, we mostly use text or chat to communicate. This way, we can even save important text messages for future use.
But what if all the text messages start disappearing on the phone? Ridiculous, right? Well, there are so many Android users who reported the same problem happening on their Android phones.
If you are struggling with the same issue and finding the solution to fix the problem, then you will get all your queries answered here.
There are several reasons that may cause your text messages to disappear on the Android phone. Here are some of the most common reasons that may lead you to this issue: Try out the below troubleshooting tricks and fix my text messages disappeared on my Android phone in a hassle-free manner. Before trying any other tricks to fix ‘all my text messages missing on Android’, I would like to recommend you to go for the best Android Repair Tool. So, feel free to use this utility to fix pictures that disappeared from text messages on Android with a single click.
Why Do Text Messages Disappear on My Android Phone?
How To Fix My Text Messages Disappeared On Android Phone?
Method 1: Best Way To Fix ‘My Text Messages Disappeared On Android’ Issue
There are several reasons that may cause your text messages to disappear on the Android phone. Here are some of the most common reasons that may lead you to this issue:
Try out the below troubleshooting tricks and fix my text messages disappeared on my Android phone in a hassle-free manner.
Before trying any other tricks to fix ‘all my text messages missing on Android’, I would like to recommend you to go for the best Android Repair Tool.
So, feel free to use this utility to fix pictures that disappeared from text messages on Android with a single click.
Method 2: Check Settings On The Messages App
Since the issue is with messaging app so, first of all, you should verify the settings of the messaging app. For this, firstly check whether you have activated the feature “Delete old messages” on the messages app.
- On your smartphone, go to the Messages app.
- On the right side corner of your screen, click on the Menu icon.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Then click on the option “More settings”.
- After this, disable the “Delete old messages“.
- Don’t set the “Text message limit” & “Multimedia message limit“.
Method 3: Restart Device
Another easiest solution that you can try to solve my text messages disappeared on Android phone is to restart your mobile. Rebooting the phone will release the memory, end up different processes and free up some storage space.
Here is how you can reboot your Android:
- Simply press a “Power” key for some time.
- Once a different option appears, select “Restart” there.
After restarting the device, open the “Messages” application again & check whether all the messages showing now.
Method 4: Clear Caches Of The Messages App
Continuously using any application creates cache data on a specific app. The cache data on the application is the foremost reason for several issues. Maybe, text messages disappeared on the mobile issue has been occurred due to cache files.
So, you need to clear the cache files of the app by applying the below steps:
- Go to Settings app >> tap on “Apps” option.
- Select Messages app >> click the option “Clear cache/data“.
- Now, open the Messages app & check if your messages showing up.
Method 5: Update Messages App
Even after clearing the cache data of a messages app, you’re unable to see your text messages then simply update your messages app.
To update your Messages App, follow the below steps:
- On your Android, open a “Google Play Store”.
- Search and find the “Messages” application in a search box
- Tap on “Messages” app >> hit “Update” option.
After the app is successfully updated, open it again & check if all my text messages disappeared Android phone issue is fixed.
Method 6: Force-Stop The Messages App
Force stopping the app is another effective way that helps several users to solve their Android issues.
Likewise, here you can also go for Force stopping the Messages app to deal with such a problem.
Follow The Easy Steps To Force-Stop The Messages App:
- Open the mobile’s Settings
- Sect the Apps, Applications or App info.
- After this, scroll down & find the Messages.
- Simply tap on it & select Force stop.
Method 7: Clear The Android Phone’s Cache Files
Well, clearing the device’s cache from the Settings can basically tackle this issue. Therefore, clear the Android phone’s caches try to deal with text messages disappeared on Android issue:
- Firstly, go to the smartphone’s Setting.
- Click on the Storage then tap on internal storage.
- Choose Cached data.
- Once the dialog box appears requesting if you want to clear all the app cache >> tap OK.
Method 8: Run Your Phone In A Safe Mode
In order to fix my text messages disappeared on Android phone, run it in a safe mode. Doing so will stop running other apps & processes and will also help you to fix the problem.
- Keep pressing on a “Power” on an Android.
- Don’t tap on Restart/ Power on
- In its place, you need to tap “Power off” then the “reboot to safe mode” option appears.
- This will then bring about the hints to safe mode rebooting.
- Click on “OK” in order to proceed.
- Once the mobile loads up, it will display a “safe mode“.
Method 9: Check Date & Time
Most of the time, it happens that Apps might not work properly or cause several issues due to incorrect date & time set on your device. So, if your messages disappeared due to an incorrect date/time then you need to correct them.
- At first, go to Settings & change the date/time setting it to automatic time update.
- Again open the Messages application & check whether messages are now appearing.
Method 10: Uninstall & Reinstall the Messages Application
Uninstalling and again reinstalling the Messages application resolves numerous glitches on Android mobile.
Thus, here I would also like to suggest you uninstall and again install the Messages application by following the below steps:
- Open a Google Play Store on your smartphone
- Search for the Messages app on a search box & tap on it.
- Here, you can see the Uninstall option, just click on it to uninstall it.
- Once an app is successfully uninstalled, click on an Install
- Now, you need to wait till the installation procedure is complete.
- After this, launch a Messages app & see if an issue is solved.
Method 11: Update the Android OS
Update the Android version of your mobile device to get the most recent fixes and updates that you need to install to your Android device.
- Launch the Settings.
- Click on the About phone
- Then, scroll down in order to choose Software Update.
- Here you’ll get a message if there’re new updates available to download.
- Click on the “Download the updates manually”.
- At this time follow the instructions accordingly to update an Android system.
- After the OS is updated successfully, you will be prompted, restart your phone.
- Finally, open your Messages app & check if all your text messages disappeared on Android now appear.
Method 12: Uninstall the Recent Updates of Message App
You can also fix this error by restoring the previous version of the messaging app. It might be possible that the recent version of the app has some bug that is causing the text messages disappearing issue on Android.
So, if you had no such issues while using the older version of the app, then you should restore your message app to the previous version. For this, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the Apps/App Manager.
- Select your messaging app from the list.
- Tap on the Uninstall Updates button.
- After this, the recent version of the app will be uninstalled and restored to the older version.
- Open the Message app and see if doing this resolved the problem.
Method 13: Use The Different Messages Application
After using the above techniques if you’re still unable to troubleshoot the issue then consider switching to the new messaging application for all the text messages.
Just follow the below steps & install the new messaging application:
- Open the “Google Play Store” app.
- Simply uninstall an existing Messaging application & look for a different messaging app.
- Now, choose your preferred messaging app & tap on the “Install” option.
Method 14: Wipe Cache Partition
The messages may also get disappeared on the phone due to the low storage space on the device. In this case, you need to clear up the space on your phone. For this, I would suggest performing a wipe cache partition.
Doing this will clear the junk files and temporary data cache on your device to free up space & memory. Here is how you can do this:
- First, enter into the Recovery Mode.
- Then, select the Wipe Cache Partition from the list of options. To navigate through the options, use the Volume Up and Down buttons. And to select the option press the Power button.
- Now, you will be asked to confirm the action. Here, press the Power button to confirm it.
- After this, choose the Reboot device option to restart your phone.
- Finally, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 15: Factory Reset Your Android Device
Many times it happens that due to issues in your device you can face different issues and bugs on your smartphone. To solve the missing text messages issue you can go for a factory reset on your mobile.
Performing the factory reset restores the device to its original settings. Also, it’ll remove all info on your smartphone.
Note: Before doing a factory reset, do not forget to create a backup of your crucial stuff.
- Open a Settings app >> choose the option “General management“.
- Tap on “Reset” then “Factory data reset“
- After this again click on a “Reset device” icon.
- At this time, enter your PIN or passcode to proceed
- Now, click on the “Delete All” option.
Method 16: Submit Feedback to Developer
Last but not the least, if nothing works, then the last option left for you to fix text messages disappeared from Android phone is to submit feedback to a developer. For this, you need to apply the below instructions very carefully:
- Launch Messages app >> tap on 3 dots menu
- Choose Help & Feedback then touch Send the feedback
- Enter the feedback then tap Send.
Recover SMS Deleted Due to Text Messages Disappeared Issue on Android
If you have lost any important text messages due to this issue and now want them to restore it anyhow, then you can use the backup to get them back. You can use Google Drive to restore deleted text messages on Android.
However, it is only possible if you have backed up the messages on Google Drive or have enabled the sync option. If you have done any of these, then use Google backup.
But what if you don’t have any backup? Don’t worry, in this case, also you can recover the deleted text messages on Android. For this, you need to use the Android Data Recovery Tool.
It is the best way to recover any data on your Android device without the need of following any manual method. Using this tool, you can retrieve any kind of data, such as SMS, contacts, photos, videos, audios, notes, app data, etc.
So, give a try to this tool and get back the text messages deleted by this issue. To know how this tool work, follow the user manual.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Do My Text Messages Disappear Android?
There are countless reasons that can lead to all text messages disappeared on Android issue:
- Outdated Android OS or apps.
- Unforeseen Google Messages application bug.
- • The Data & Time settings aren’t accurate.
- Accidental deletion.
- You’ve enabled ‘Delete the old messages’ option in Messages settings.
- Android system updates.
- Virus attack.
How Can I Recover Deleted Messages From My Android Without Backup?
You can recover deleted messages on your Android without backup by using the reliable Android data recovery tool. It will scan deeply scan your device and retrieve your data including text messages effectively.
Where Are SMS Messages Stored?
Android SMS messages are saved in the database in a data folder which is placed in an internal memory of the device.
Are Deleted Texts Really Deleted?
No, the deleted text messages are not really deleted. After intentional or unintentional, they are still present on your device in a hidden manner.
Is It Possible To Recover Deleted Text Messages?
Well, recovering the deleted text messages on Android is really difficult. But still, there is a possibility to retrieve either through Google Drive or by using the expert Android Data Recovery Tool.
How Do I Fix My Text Messages Not Showing Up on Android?
If you are unable to fix text messages not showing up on Android by applying the below troubleshooting tips:
- Check Settings On The Messages App
- Restart The Phone
- Clear Caches Of The Messages App
- Update Messages App
- Force-Stop The Messages App
- Clear The Android Phone’s Cache Files
- Run Your Phone In A Safe Mode
- Uninstall & Reinstall the Messages Application
- Use The Different Messages Application
- Submit Feedback to Developer.
How Do I Get My Text Messages Back On My Android?
If you’ve a Google account linked with your smartphone & enabled the backup to feature in a Google Drive then you can easily get back your text messages from there. It’ll be automatically backed-up to your Google Drive storage. In order to retrieve them from Google Drive, follow these steps:
- On your phone, open a ‘Google Drive’.
- From a top-left side corner, tap on a ‘Menu’ option (3 lines button)
- Now, tap on ‘Backups’ option. There you will find all your backed up text messages.
As we all know that text messages contain vital info & losing them can make you upset. Thus, it is important to create a backup of those crucial text messages so that if those text messages get deleted due to any of the reasons then you can easily recover them.
Though, here in this post, I have covered the 16 best ways to troubleshoot my Text messages disappeared on my Android phone problem.
So, apply these methods one by one and see which solution will help you to solve this problem.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.