If your phone’s Power button got broken or is not functioning properly, and your phone is switched off, read this complete article to learn how to turn phone on without power button.
However, it’s common that after a few years, the phone’s hardware might get broken or start malfunctioning. So, in such cases, you can try out the mentioned ways to turn on your phone without using a power button.
Is it Possible to Switch on Phone without Power Button?
Well, turning on the phone without using the power button is quite a difficult task. Yet there are certain possible ways that you can use to turn on your Android phone without the power button. So, the answer to this question is Yes.
How to Turn Phone On without Power Button?
To switch on your phone without a power button, you can use charger or USB cable & PC. Check out and try the below methods as instructed to switch on your phone.
- Turn on Phone Without Power Button Using a Charging Cable
- Use A USB Cable And Computer to Switch On Phone
- Power On Your Phone Using the Volume or Home Button
- Visit Nearest Service Centre
Method 1: Turn on Phone without Power Button Using a Charging Cable
If the power button on your phone isn’t working or got broken, try powering on your phone using a charging cable. Sometimes, charging a phone sufficiently will turn on your phone automatically.
So, plug your Android phone into the charger and wait for it to charge sufficiently to turn on automatically.
Method 2: Use A USB Cable and Computer to Switch On Phone
Another method you can try to turn on Android Phone without power button is by using a USB cable and a PC. Doing this will turn on your phone when connected to a power source.
So, connect your Android phone to your PC using a USB cable and wait until its battery gets enough power to turn on automatically without a power button.
Method 3: Power on Your Phone Using the Volume or Home Button
On some smartphones, volume and home buttons can also be used to turn the phone on. You can perform this method only when the physical Home button is there on your device.
For this, follow the below instructions:
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now, press & hold both the Volume buttons.
- Then while holding the Volume keys, press the Home button also until the options menu appears.
- Once the menu appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
- Now, scroll through the options using the volume buttons and select Turn on or Restart option.
Method 4: Visit Nearest Service Centre
If none of the above methods helped you turn on your phone without using the power button, visit the nearest service centre. Here, your device will get physically inspected by professionals and if possible the power button will be fixed to turn the phone on. This method can be expensive.
How to Turn On Phone Screen without Using Power Button?
If the power button on your Android phone is not working or you just simply don’t want to use it, check out the below-listed ways to turn on phone screen without using Power button.
- Double-tap phone screen: If your Power button is not working properly or is broken, turn on your phone screen by double-tapping the phone screen.
- Use Volume buttons: You can also use Volume buttons to turn your screen on. You just need to hold and press both the Volume buttons until the screen wakes up.
- Make use of fingerprint or face ID: Use your fingerprint or face ID to unlock the phone and turn on the phone screen.
- Use phone charger: You can also use a phone charger to wake your phone screen. You just need to plug in the charger and your phone screen will turn on.
- Use third-party apps: There are various apps available over the internet to wake up your phone screen without using the Power button. Some of them are Gravity Screen, WaveUp, and AcDisplay.
Tips To Protect the Power Button on Your Android Phone
Here are some tips that you can follow to protect the Power button on your phone and make it long-lasting.
- Clean the power button regularly: Make sure you clean the power button frequently to protect it from dirt and dust. Clean the power button with a soft cotton cloth or toothbrush.
- Use flip cover: A flip cover or case protects the power button from dust or accidental damage. It also provides additional protection to your phone.
- Avoid pressing the power button too hard and frequently: Do not press the power button too hard or more frequently. Doing this will damage the button or can even end up breaking it.
- Use fingerprint of Face ID: Use the fingerprint scanner or face ID to wake up the phone screen instead of the power button. This will help you avoid using the Power button and make it usable for a long duration.
- Make use of the double-tap feature: Try using the double-tap feature to wake up your screen to protect the Power button from frequent usage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to do if the Power button is broken or not working?
If the power button on your phone is broken or not working, it is suggested to visit the nearest service centre for repairing. As in case of the power button not working, if you do anything without technical understanding can cause more damage to the button or phone.
How to restart the phone without using the power button?
If your phone is turned on and you want to restart it without using the power button, follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Next, go to the System settings section and select Accessibility.
- Click on the Accessibility Menu and toggle on the button for Shortcut.
- Now, go to the Home screen and tap the Shortcut icon appearing on your screen.
- Then, press the Power icon and select the Restart option.
So, these are some methods that help you switch on your phone without using power button. Try out them as instructed and get your phone on.
I hope, the article answered your question about how to turn phone on without power button gets well answered. In case of any further queries or doubts, do ask us on Twitter or Facebook.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.