Efficiently Restore Lost or Deleted Encrypted SD card Data after Android Factory Reset!
Android Data Recovery is one of the best tool for recovering data from encrypted SD card after android factory reset. This software is excellent in recovering data like photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes etc from android supported phones and tablets. It has the ability to rescue lost files from locked, encrypted or damaged SD memory cards.
- Easily restore lost/inaccessible data from encrypted SD card after Android factory reset
- Supports any Android phones like Samsung, Motorola LG, Sony, HTC, Gionee, Dell, Micromax, etc
- It works for any Android OS and is very simple to use
- Completely scan the entire memory from the device and restores deleted/inaccessible data from encrypted SD card
Android phone is becoming popular among the mobile users, as it has a lot of features in it, which helps you to do a lot of tasks. In such cases, you would definitely want to increase the memory of your phone.
With the help of SD card, you can increase the phone memory. In order to keep the data in SD card protected or in order to avoid it from getting leaked, you lock the SD card with the password or encrypt your SD card.
Additional Reading: Recover Android Data after Factory Reset!
Reasons Responsible for the Loss of Data from Encrytpted/Locked SD Card
In spite of taking all the precautions, there are chances that you may lose the data from the encrypted card. There are many reasons responsible for losing the data and among them is by performing the factory reset on your Android phone.
Here are the lists of scenarios that would compel you to do Android factory reset, are mentioned below:
- Installing suspicious apps on your phone, which would make your phone unresponsive.
- When there is no sufficient battery, you continue to use the gadget, as a result it makes the gadget unresponsive
- Wrong usage of Android gadgets.
- Due to incorrect installation of the operating system or updating the software, may make your android device hang or freeze frequently.
- If your android device has been infected by the malware.
- The android device is performing extremely slowly.
If the user faces the above-mentioned scenarios then they reset their Android phone by Android Factory Reset option.
After performing the factory reset, the phone would work as if you are using the new phone.
But, the data that are stored in the SD card gets erased. And this become frustrating and then users look for the solution on how to decrypt SD card after factory reset and recover files from it. Fortunately, there is a few solution that can help you to open encrypted SD card files on Android.
Additional Reading: How to Recover Lost Data from Unrooted Android Phone (Without Root)
Solutions to Recover Data From Encrypted SD Card After Android Factory Reset
Solution #1: Manual Steps for Recovering Encrypted SD Card Data
- Step 1: First of all connect encrypted SD card with PC and copy all the contents from card to PC.
- Step 2: On phone, go to Settings>Storage>SD Card> Format SD Card (Note: this will delete all the data from the card, but do not worry as you have already copied all the data to your PC)
- Step 3: Again on phone, go to Settings>Security>Encrypt SD Card.
- Step 4: After this, connect SD card to PC and copy all the content back to SD card.
- Step 5: On phone, go to Settings>Security>Decrypt SD card.
Decryption will take some time as it depends on how much data is saved on the card. Once the process completes, you can now easily able to access and view files stored on the SD card.
Additional Reading: Data Recovery When SD Card is Showing Empty or Blank
Solution #2: Using Android Data Recovery Software (Automatic Method)
If above manual steps fails in your case, then you can go for recommended automatic solution to get back encrypted data from SD card.
You can recover the data from the encrypted SD card with the help of Android Data Recovery software.
Using this software, you can easily recover the lost, deleted, formatted or corrupted data from encrypted SD card after Android factory reset. It will let you to recover encrypted photos,videos, audio, documents, notes, etc stored on Android SD card.
It is very professional software, as it is compatible with all types of Android phones. Using this software, it would help you to recover the data from all types of android phones such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Gionee, Panasonic, Xiaomi, Sony, Motorola, etc.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to Recover Lost Files from SD Card on Android!
- How to Fix Micro SD Card Issues of Android?
- Fix Android Device Doesn’t Detect or Recognize External SD Card Issue!
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android SIM Card?
Steps to Recover Data from an Encrypted SD Card after Android Factory Reset
Step 1: Connect your microSD card via Android phone or card reader
First of all launch Android Data Recovery and select “Recover” option from the available options and then select “Recover from SD card”.
And then connect your memory card with the help of Android device or a card reader. After this click on “Next” to continue.
This program will detect your SD card and after it you will see the window as given below. Choose your SD card and click 'Next' to continue.
Step 2: Choose a scan mode to scan your SD card
There are two scanning modes are available, first is 'Standard' and the second one is 'Advance'
Read the given description below the both options and select one from 'Standard Mode' and 'Advanced Mode' according to your requirement.
After selecting the recovery mode, click on the 'Next' to initiate the analyzing and scanning your SD card.
Step 3: Preview and Restore Data from your SD Card Selectively
It will scan your SD card and after the completion of scanning process, all the recoverable files will be displayed according to their categories. From the left sidebar, you can click on different data types to display the related files. You can check or un-check the files and then click 'Recover' to start the data recovery process.
Generally, it has been seen that in order to enhance the performance of the phone, you reset your phone, and, as a result, you may lose your entire important document from the phone as well as the SD card that is connected with it. With the help of Android data recovery software, you can easily recover all the data with few simple clicks.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.