In today’s digital world, our smartphones are exposed to many digital threats that pose a significant risk to security. From phishing attacks to malicious apps, Android phones are prone to such hacks. So, today in this guide, we’re going to discuss how to fix a hacked Android phone with expert tips and tricks.
To fix Android issues triggered by virus or malware attacks, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
Signs of a Hacked Android Phone
Now, let’s first know how to tell if your phone is hacked. Well, when your phone is hacked, it shows some signs or works abruptly. Below are some common signs of a hacked Android phone:
- Unusual battery drain
- Unexpected data usage
- A noticeable slowdown in the device’s performance, lagging, and stuttering
- Presence of strange apps
- Unexpected and strange calls and texts
- Random overheating issues
What to Dial to See If Your Phone is Hacked?
These are some codes that you can dial to check if your phone is compromised:
- To check your IMEI: *#06#
- Check if anyone catches your unanswered calls: *#61#
- Call forwarding status: *#62#
- Check call forwarding number: *#67#
- Complete call forwarding information: *#004#
- To disable all forms of phone redirection: ##002#
- Check if the phone is tapped: *#21#
- Check unknown connections and tracking: *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#197328640#*#*
How to Fix a Hacked Android Phone? – Unmask Android Vulnerabilities
Before moving on to fixing a hacked Android phone, the first step is to isolate your device from any network such as the internet or Wi-Fi. Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular data to prevent the hacker from accessing your device remotely.
Solution 1: Update Your OS: Ensuring the Latest Security Patches
The updated software has the latest security patches that ensure your device’s safety from hackers and potential threats. This is one of the best ways how to remove a hacker from my phone.
Here’s how to update your device:
- Go to Android Settings>>head to the Software Update section.
- Next, search for the latest update here.
- When found, click on the Download button to install the latest update.
Solution 2: Install a Reputable Antivirus App: Adding an Extra Layer of Defense
Another way to counterpart online threats is by installing antivirus software to add an extra layer of defence. This enhances your device’s security.
Look for reputable antivirus software for Android and scan and remove potential malware or viruses from your device.
Solution 3: Change Passwords: Strengthening Your Device’s Security
Passwords are another way of securing your device and online accounts from hackers. It is suggested to change or update passwords frequently to avoid attacks. Timely changes ensure the safety of your device and online accounts.
Make sure to use strong passwords and avoid using easily guessable credentials such as your birthday or beloved names.
Solution 4: Remove Suspicious Apps: Uninstalling Potential Threats
Review the list of apps on your device and look for any suspicious or unfamiliar apps. If any is found, uninstall them. Hackers often use malicious apps to gain access to your sensitive data.
Here are the steps to check and uninstall unfamiliar apps:
- Go to Android Settings>>Apps.
- Then, check the app list thoroughly for any suspicious apps.
- If any is found, select it.
- Now on the App info screen, tap the Uninstall option and confirm the same.
Also Read: How to Secure Android App from Hackers?
Solution 5: Check App Permissions: Managing App Access
Review and manage the given app permissions to restrict access to sensitive data. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- On the Settings app, select the app from the list.
- Now, go to the Permissions sections and check the given permissions here.
- Remove the one if any is unnecessary or unknowingly allowed.
Solution 6: Enable Two-Factor Authentication: Adding an Extra Layer of Protection
Add an additional layer of security to your accounts by enabling 2FA whenever possible. This requires a secondary verification code sent to your mobile that decreases the unauthorized access to your accounts.
Here’s how to enable 2FA for a Google account:
- Access your Google Account.
- Now, choose the Security option in the navigation panel.
- Under Signing in to Google section, click on the 2-Step Verification>>Get started.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
- When done creating 2FA, sign in to your account to verify it’s you.
Solution 7: Backup and Factory Reset: Starting Fresh with a Clean Slate
As a last resort consider fixing the hacked Android phone by performing a factory reset. But remember to back up Android phone data before factory reset. For a secure and complete data backup, we suggest you use the Android Backup and Restore tool.
When done backing up your essential data on your phone, proceed with the below steps to factory reset it.
- On Settings, go to the Additional Settings.
- Then, scroll down and select the Backup and Reset option.
- Now, choose the Reset phone>>Erase all data (Reset to factory settings) option.
- Enter your PIN or password, if prompted, and confirm factory reset.
- When done, your phone is all rescued from potential threats.
Android Repair Tool – One-Stop Solution to Your All Android Problems
Use Android Repair to fix various temporary software problems triggered due to malware or virus attacks. It can resolve various Android errors and issues including app crashing, update failed errors, boot loop stuck problem, rooting errors, OS crashing, and many more.
The software supports a variety of Android brands and models. So, whatever your Android device, the software manages to resolve the problem.
Download the tool and follow the user instructions here.
Can a hacked Android phone be fixed?
Yes, with a correct action and following the outlined instructions in this article, you can fix a hacked Android phone.
What are the methods of Android phone hacking?
Common methods of hacking Android phone involve phishing attacks, malicious apps, and network vulnerabilities.
Is antivirus software necessary for Android phones?
Most Android devices come with in-built security features. However, using an antivirus software adds an extra layer of defense to your device against various cyber threats.
Will factory reset remove the hack?
Yes, in most cases, factory resetting your phone proved impactful in rescuing your device from potential hacks and cyber threats. It removes all the compromised data and settings, providing a clean slate.
So, this is all about how to fix a hacked Android phone. Follow the expert tips as outlined and regain control of your phone. Also, follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more related topics and recent updates on our blogs.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.