Instagram “checkpoint required” error is more likely taken as a security verification. As it usually occurs when users try to log in to their Instagram account from a distinctive geographic location or device. Instagram took such activity as a hacking attempt and restricts the user from logging in. However, if you are facing the same problem, validating yourself as a user, temporarily deactivating your account, or logging in with a previously used device can help you escape the error.
Despite its security perspective, the error seems quite annoying as users won’t be able to access their Instagram account until verified. Thus, required an instant resolution. Therefore, we have come up with this blog that covers the most potential solutions to get you out of this problematic situation in no time.
To fix any Android related issues, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
What Is a “Checkpoint Required” Error?
“Checkpoint required” on Instagram is one type of security attribute that is adopted by Instagram to keep their user’s accounts secured from bots or third-party access.
As nowadays users took the help of bots to increase their likes and followers. However due to the “checkpoint required” error, one needs to validate themselves as a human to have access to their account.
However, the error pops out with a small message stating “checkpoint required” further directed to the verification screen to validate the user. Once the user got validated they have access to their Instagram account.
How To Fix “Checkpoint Required” On Instagram?
In order to fix Instagram “checkpoint required” error, try out the below-mentioned fixes one by one.
Method 1: Validate Yourself As A User
The first thing you have to try to get rid of the error problem is to validate yourself as a user. When Instagram fails to validate you as a user it ends up giving you a “checkpoint required” error on Instagram.
Hereby, validating yourself as a user will let you out of this problem thereby having access to your Instagram account. Follow the below-guided instructions to do so:
- Firstly, browse Instagram on your Android device.
- Then, sign in to your account.
- Once signed in, a notification will pop up asking for approval for a login attempt made from a different location or device.
- Here, verify yourself by tapping on the option saying “It was me”.
Once completed the above process, you can now have access to your Instagram account.
Method 2: Restart Your Device and Re-Login To Instagram Account
If your device is currently facing any issues, it can cause such a problem. However, we suggest you once restart your device and re-login to your Instagram account freshly to resolve the error issue.
You just need to restart your device and follow the below steps to log out and re-login to your Instagram account.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Then, tap the Hamburger icon and choose the Settings option.
- Next, click on the Logout option.
- After successfully logging out, re-login into your account after a few seconds.
Method 3: Temporary Deactivating Your Instagram Account
Another potential solution you can try to fix the problem is temporarily disabling your Instagram account. You can do this with mentioned below steps:
- Sign in to your Instagram account on the system.
- Next, go for the Profile icon on the home page.
- Then tap on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Now on the appeared page, scroll downward and select the blue text stating “Temporarily disable my account”.
- After that click on the “Just need a break option” when asked for the reason for disabling.
- Next type your password and tap on “Temporary Disable Account”.
- Once disabled wait for 3-4 hours and again reactivate your Instagram account to check for the “checkpoint required” error.
Method 4: Try Logging in From a Previously Used Device
If none of the above methods works for you then try signing in from the same device that you used earlier to log in. As it is already discussed earlier, the distinction in the device might also make Instagram suspicious thereby restricting the user from having access to the account.
So the situation can be handled simply by logging in from the same device that you used earlier to access your Instagram account.
Method 5: Avoid Using Unauthorized or Third-Party Applications
In most cases, it has been found that using unauthorized or third-party applications might end up giving you such an error. Hereby it is suggested not to make use of those applications. Moreover, using unauthorized apps can make Instagram doubtful of you which might later result in deleting or banning your account on Instagram.
Method 6: Reinstall the Instagram App
Lastly, if applying the above fixes won’t get you out of the problem, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it back again to get past the error. Reinstalling the app will not only get you out of this error problem but also fixes certain other issues on apps like Instagram keeps crashing, Instagram couldn’t refresh feed on Android, etc.
For this, you just need to follow the quick below steps:
- First, go to your device Settings.
- Then choose Apps>Instagram.
- Next, tap on Uninstall and wait for the installation to get completed.
- Now, restart your device and reinstall the Instagram app from Google Play Store.
- Once reinstalled, log into your account and verify the error problem.
Recommended: Android Repair Tool
If you are facing any glitches or internal problems in your Android phone, we recommend you use our professional Android Repair tool.
This tool can solve any Android-related errors such as being stuck on a boot loop, blue/black screen issues, crashing apps, and many others. Android Repair tool is hassle-free to use. You just need to download the software in your system and follow its user manual to use it effectively.
What’s a checkpoint on Instagram?
Checkpoint on Instagram is a security measure that is taken to avoid unusual logins. When someone makes an unusual login attempt, Instagram ends up popping this verification screen. Here, the user needs to validate themselves as a user to have access to their account. Moreover, if you are a regular Instagram user then you might have faced this error once in a while.
How long is my Instagram temporarily disabled?
Temporarily disabling the Instagram account is the option provided to users that can be opted anytime and for any time duration. The time duration for temporary disable is totally up to you. You can disable it for as long as you desire and enable it back anytime you want.
How to fix “checkpoint required” on Instagram?
You can fix the “checkpoint required” error on Instagram just by following below steps:
- Wait until the error message disappears.
- Uninstall the Instagram app and reinstall it back again.
- Try switching from mobile data to Wi-Fi or vice versa.
Well, the error cannot be considered a problem as it is more concerned with security purposes. However, sometimes the error appears to be irritating as it appears more frequently with distinction in geographical location or device.
Hereby you can easily get out of the Instagram “checkpoint required” error with the above-mentioned potential solutions. I hope, the blog served you well thereby letting you have access to your Instagram account.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.