Did you come across an error saying “SD card unexpectedly removed” on Android phones?
Lots of people have reported that they have come through an unknown error on the SD card inserted on their Android phones. This is a big problem as whenever you try to access your phone, you can see such an error message.
The situation really irritates because you cannot access the data stored on it. But it’s not difficult for those users who know the solution for it. If you have come through the same error message and looking for fixes then this blog will help you.
Here, you will come to know about some practical solutions to fix micro SD card keeps disconnecting on Android phone.
Reinsert SD Card And Restart Your Phone
Unmount And Mount SD Card
Format SD Card Using Computer To Fix The Error
Do Factory Reset Of Android Phone
Wipe Cache Partition In Recovery Mode
What Are The Common Reasons For SD Card Unexpectedly Removed?
There are several reasons that can lead to such an unwanted error message. They are:
- Maybe your phone is physically damaged due to dropping from a height
- It may happen that your SD card is not compatible with your device.
- SD card is broken since using from a long time
- Your SD card is corrupted and should be fixed
How To Fix SD Card Unexpectedly Removed From Android?
Here are a few possible solutions that will guide you on how to fix Android SD card unexpectedly removed. Just follow them and check out which one works for you.
Solution 1: Reinsert SD Card And Restart Your Phone
The first solution that I am going to suggest to you is to reinsert the SD card and then restart your phone. When your phone displays an error “SD card unexpectedly removed” then the best solution is to reinsert the card.
Here is how to do that:
- First, switch off your phone and remove SD card
- If the phone has a removable battery then take out the battery for a few minutes
- Now, switch on your phone and go to Settings > Storage to ensure SD card is removed
- After that, switch off your phone again and now insert the SD card back
- And at last, turn on your phone and check if the problem is fixed or not
Solution 2: Unmount And Mount SD Card
There are many users who have said that doing unmounts and mount SD card can fix the issue. This has solved the problem for several users.
So you should try this by following the below steps:
- First, go to Settings > Storage
- Then, click on Unmount SD card > click on OK to confirm that appears on the popup
- Now, switch off your phone > remove SD card and again insert it to the device
- After that, go to Settings > Storage
- And at last, tap on Mount SD Card button that you will get when the card is unmounted
Solution 3: Format SD Card Using Computer To Fix The Error
You can fix the unexpected SD card error by formatting it on a Windows computer. Here is how to do that:
- First, you have to insert your SD card on the computer
- Then, click on the “Windows” button on your computer
- Next, tap on “File Explorer” option
- After that, click on “My Computer > [Your SD card name] > Manage > Format” tab
- Now, tap on “File System” and choose format option from the drop-down menu
- At last, choose “Start > OK” to format SD card
Solution 4: Do Factory Reset Of Android Phone
If nothing works for you to fix the SD card unexpectedly removed on Android then you should try to restore factory settings on Android. But remember that factory reset wipes away every data available on phone.
Before you move ahead, backup all your important data from the phone and keep them in a safe place.
Now, follow the steps to do the factory reset Android phone:
- First, go to your phone’s Settings > Personal > Backup & reset
- Then, enter whatever password or PIN you have given
- Now under Personal data, choose Factory data reset > Reset phone
- Wait for a few minutes unless the process is over
- Once the process is finished, restart your device and check if the SD card problem is fixed or not
Solution 5: Wipe Cache Partition In Recovery Mode
When you constantly come across “SD card unexpectedly removed” error on Android then you should clear the cache partition. You don’t have to worry about data loss as this method also doesn’t wipe your data from the phone.
This is an effective way to fix micro SD card keeps disconnecting on Android. So you should try this method.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, turn off your Android phone
- Now hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together
- When your phone vibrates, leave the Power button but continue to hold Home and Volume Up buttons
- After that, when you see “Android System Recovery” screen, leave the other two buttons
- Now, press and hold Volume Down key and select “Wipe Cache Partition”
- Then, press the Power button unless you select “Reboot System Now”
- And then, once again press the Power button to wipe cache partition
Bonus Tip: How To Recover Lost Data From Android SD Card After Formatting?
It happens with lots of users that they wipe their Android phone storage or external storage without keeping a backup. Later on, they realize the importance of their data. In that condition, how to get back lost files from the SD card is a big question.
But there is nothing to worry as you can still get back the lost data from SD card on Android after a factory reset. Android SD Card Recovery is the best and most recommended tool to help you recover deleted data from SD card on Android. This program is easy to use and allows you to access the inaccessible or lost data from SD card.
No matter for whatever reasons they are lost like accidental, formatting, water damage, broken, or others. This tool is just amazing to use and supports every type of SD card used in Android phones.
So you don’t have to worry anymore of data loss from SD card after formatting, simply use this powerful Android SD card recovery tool to get back lost files from SD card.
Check out the complete user guide to know how to use the recovery tool.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop. It is because recovery of phone data on the phone itself is risky as you may end up losing all your data because of data overriding.
So here I have come to the end of this blog where I have listed some of the best solutions to fix “SD card unexpectedly removed” error on Android. When you also come through the same error message, then following the above solutions will help you to solve the error.
Apart from the solutions, if for any reason your data are lost from SD card then use the Android SD Card Recovery program to get back disappeared files from it.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.