Snapchat “could not connect” error usually occurs because of incorrect device configuration or faulty internet connection. However, if you are facing this error on Snapchat, read out this complete article to fix the “connection error” on Snapchat.
What are the Reasons Responsible for Snapchat “Could Not Connect” Error?
As already mentioned above that faulty device configuration and slow internet connection are the major cause of this error. However, there are other reasons as well that can trigger such an error.
- Snapchat server issue
- The temporary glitch in the Snapchat app
- Outdated Snapchat application
- Old Android version
- ISP restrictions
Video Guide: Snapchat Login Says Could Not Connect
How To Fix Snapchat “Could Not Connect” Error?
To fix could not connect error on Snapchat, check the server & internet connection, relaunch the Snapchat app, and reinstall the app.
Solution 1: Check the Server & Internet Connection
Snapchat requires more bandwidth than normal to work smoothly. So, if you are facing a “connection error” on Snapchat, check the server and internet connection.
You can check Snapchat server through Downdetector or Snapchat’s official Twitter handle page. If there is a server issue, wait for it to be resolved.
In case the server has no issues, check the internet connection on your phone. Visit SpeedTest to check internet speed. If found faulty, try out the below instructions to troubleshoot internet problems.
- Switch to WiFi in case using cellular data or vice versa.
- Turn on & off Airplane mode.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
- Place the source device nearer to the client device.
- Restart the source device and re-establish the connection.
Also Read: Snapchat Filters Keep On Loading
Solution 2: Relaunch the Snapchat App
A temporary glitch or bug in the Snapchat app, Snapchat “could not connect” error on Android can be triggered. So, here relaunching the app can fix your problem.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the Snapchat app icon on the Home screen.
- Next, long-tap the icon and select the App info option.
- Click on the Force stop option.
- Now, relaunch the app and check if the error is disappeared.
Solution 3: Re-Log in To Your Snapchat Account
Sometimes, temporary connection issue between the app and its server can cause this error. So, here try fixing the “Snapchat could not connect error” by re-logging into your account.
To do so, follow the below steps:
- Open Snapchat app on your Android device.
- Then, click the Profile icon> Gear icon.
- Scroll down and select Log out option.
- Next, confirm by tapping Log out option again.
- Once logged out, re-login into your account.
Also Read: Snapchat Login Connection Error
Solution 4: Reset Your Device Network Settings
In case your device’s network settings are corrupt, the Snapchat might find difficulty connecting to the servers. Here, resetting the Network settings on your phone can fix the error.
Below are the steps to follow:
- Launch Settings on your Android phone.
- Next, head to the System settings section.
- Here, select Backup & reset option.
- Now, click on the Reset phone option and tap on Reset network settings.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Snapchat App
If you are using an old version of the Snapchat app, you can encounter such an error on Snapchat. Therefore, we suggest you uninstall the app and then reinstall the latest version to escape the connection error Snapchat.
Follow the below steps to do so:
- On your Home screen, long-press the Snapchat app icon.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Tap on Uninstall again for final confirmation.
- Once uninstalled, go to the Play Store and search for the Snapchat app.
- Now, click on the Install button to download the latest version.
Also Read: Snapchat Microphone Not Working
Solution 6: Update Android to Latest Version
At times, your older Android version can also trigger such kind of an error on Snapchat. So, ensure that you use the latest Android version to avoid such an error.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Next, select the Software update section.
- Here, check if any update is available.
- If any is available, click on the Download now option.
Solution 7: Contact Snapchat Support
Lastly, if none of the above fixes helped you escape the error, contact Snapchat Support Team. Here, you can report your problem and get direct help from technical professionals.
Recommended: Use Android Repair Tool to Fix Android Issues
If your Android phone is encountering issues such as apps keep crashing, bootloop issue, blue screen problem, etc, try Android Repair Tool.
This software is capable of fixing Android-related problems with ease. It is supportable on almost all Android brands including Samsung, Sony, Nokia, Oppo, HTC, and many others.
The software is 100% safe and can be used easily with few simple clicks. You just need to download the software and follow its user guide.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop only.
I hope, we helped you well through this article and you are able to fix Snapchat “could not connect” error on Android.
Moreover, make sure you use Android Repair Tool when encountering any Android-related problems. Also, in case of further doubts or queries, feel free to ask us on Twitter or Facebook.
You May Also Read:
- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat?
- Snapchat Add Friends Not Working on Android!
- Snapchat Failed To Send Error!
- “Snapchat Filters Not Working”
- “Oops Something Went Wrong Snapchat” Error
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.