Visual Voicemail not working is a common issue with Android/Samsung users. When it happens then they are unable to get notifications, read/listen to voicemails, etc. Hence, it is important to solve this problem ASAP with the best fixes. To fix Visual Voicemail isn’t working, you can enable or disable the Visual Voicemail app, allow the app to use background data, update the Visual Voicemail app, reset network settings, etc. Besides, for an instant solution, you can go for Android Repair Tool.
Let’s have a look at one of the real user’s example:
‘Visual Voice Mail Not Working’
I get this message when trying to set up my visual voice mail:
Looks like there’s a problem with my mailbox or my data plan does not include visual Voice Mail.
Please Help! I have dealing with this for about 3 weeks now …
Source From: AT&T Community Forums
Know More About Visual Voicemail is Not Working on Android Issue
Before knowing about this particular issue, let’s get aware of this app. Visual Voicemail is an app that allows users to receive and see voicemail messages on their Android devices.
With this app, you can not only read the messages but can listen to them too. This app works with both iOS devices and Android devices which makes it more popular among users.
However, there are some users who have reported an issue with this app. According to them, Visual Voicemail not working on the Android phone and they are unable to get notifications, read/listen to voicemails.
Mostly, it happens due to a network issue or if there is a bug in the app. Well, whatever the reason is, you can always fix this issue by taking the correct steps. For this, you need to read out this article completely.
Here, I have compiled all the potential troubleshooting ways to fix the Visual Voicemail problem on Android devices along with the possible causes that are responsible for it.
To , we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
Why Verizon Visual Voicemail Stopped Working on Android?
If the Verizon Visual Voicemail app is not working on your Android phone, then it might be happening due to one of the following possible reasons:
- If you haven’t activated the service of Visual Voicemail.
- This issue also happens when the app has not got the required permissions on the device.
- When your cellular data is off.
- If you are connected to the wifi and out of the range, then the connection won’t work well.
- You might have been using the outdated version of the app, or your OS is outdated.
- If the Android OS is not supporting the version of the Visual Voicemail app.
- When the app file gets corrupted.
How to Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working on Android Phone?
- Use Android Repair Tool
- Power Cycling Your Phone
- Enable & Disable the Flight Mode
- Reset the Network Settings
- Allow App to Use Background Data Usage
- Clear Cache & Data of Visual Voicemail
- Disable/Enable Visual Voicemail
- Deactivate Call Forwarding
- Update Visual Voicemail App
- Reinstall Visual Voicemail App
#1: Recommended Solution – Use Android Repair Tool to Fix Visual Voicemail Not Working Issue
If you experiencing any error or issue on your Android phone/tablet and are unable to fix it, then here is an easy and best solution for you. Try the Android Repair Tool.
It is a repairing tool that will help you to fix a wide range of Android errors and issues. With the help of this professional repair tool, you can fix Android errors, such as stuck on boot loop, black screen of death, apps keep crashing, and several other issues.
To use this tool you don’t require any technical skills. So, just Download Android Repair tool as it can be accessed easily without any hassle.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop only.
#2: Power Cycling Your Phone
Many times, users start experiencing the Samsung Visual Voicemail not working issue due to small technical glitches or bugs. In such cases, you can easily fix the issue by power cycling your phone.
For this, press & hold the Power button of your phone for a few seconds. Leave the button once the Power menu appears on the screen. Then, tap on the Restart option. Now, wait for the device to reboot.
Once your phone is restarted, check if you can receive or send the voicemails on your phone or not. If you are still facing the same problem, then try other listed solutions.
#3: Enable & Disable the Flight Mode
If the Android Visual Voicemail is not working due to the network issue, then the most basic and common solution to fix the problem is to turn off and turn on the flight mode on your phone.
It’s often seen that turning the airplane mode on and off helps in fixing the network issues that might be the reason for Visual Voicemail Android not working. So, first, give this trick a try, and then check whether it works or not.
For this, go to the home screen and drag it downwards from the top of the screen. Here, you will see the icon of Airplane mode. Now, turn it off, and then after a few seconds, disable the flight mode.
#4: Reset the Network Settings
If you have made any changes to the network settings and then the issue started happening, the network must be stopping the app from working on the device.
In this case, resetting the network settings may help you to fix the can’t connect to Visual Voicemail error. Many users tried this trick and succeed in resolving the issue. So, give it a try.
- Go to the phone Settings.
- Tap on the System.
- Go to the Advanced > Reset Options.
- Tap on the Reset network settings option.
- Click on the Reset Settings.
#5: Allow App to Use Background Data Usage
Background process settings differ from device to device and app to app. Hence, if Visual Voicemail is restricted from using the background data, then it won’t work.
So, make sure to allow this app to use the data. You can do it by following this step-by-step procedure:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now, go to the Apps/App Manager.
- Here, you will get a list of apps installed on your phone. Search for Visual Voicemail and tap on it.
- Tap on the Mobile Data.
- Press the toggle button given next to the Allow background data usage to enable it.
#6: Clear Cache & Data of Visual Voicemail
As you know, all the apps tend to collect the usage data and cached it to improve the performance. However, sometimes, these data and cache files get corrupted and start causing issues.
In this situation, you must clear the cache & data of the app to fix the issue. If you don’t know how to do this, follow these instructions and fix the Visual Voicemail not working Samsung:
- Go to the Settings of your Android device.
- Scroll down & tap on the Apps option.
- Select Visual Voicemail from the list of installed apps.
- Now, go to the Storage option.
- Tap on the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
- Now, try to launch the app and check whether it is working or not.
Also Read: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on Android?
#7: Disable/Enable Visual Voicemail
Sometimes, the small glitches on the device can also lead to the Visual Voicemail not working on Android. However, it can be easily fixed by disabling and enabling the app.
- Open the default Phone app on your device.
- Tap on the three-vertical dots given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on the Voicemail given under the Call settings.
- Turn on the Visual Voicemail by tapping the toggle button.
#8: Deactivate Call Forwarding To Visual Voicemail Android Not Working
If you have tried the above-listed solutions and are still getting the issue, you might have activated the Call Forwarding feature on your device. This feature forwards the call before it delivers to the voicemail.
Now, to turn off the call forwarding on your Android phone, follow the steps given below for how to check Voicemail on Android:
- Open the Phone app.
- Now, dial the *73 number.
- Wait until you hear the beep sound, then wait to disable the call forwarding.
#9: Update Visual Voicemail App
There is a pretty chance that the app itself is responsible for this issue. If there is a bug in the app, it will not allow it to work properly on the device and restrict users from accessing it.
It mostly happens when you are running an outdated app. So, if your app is also outdated, then you may face the Visual Voicemail on Android phone not working issue.
To get rid of this problem, you need to update the app. Updating the app fixes the bug and other performance-related issues. To do so, check out the simple steps discussed below for can’t update Visual Voicemail:
- Launch Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Tap on the profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Manage apps and device.
- Click on the Updated available.
- Scroll down and check if the Visual Voicemail app showing in the list. If yes, then click on the Update given right next to it.
- Wait until the app gets updated.
Once you have finished updating the app, check if the problem persists. If you are still facing the issue with the Verizon Visual Voicemail on Android, then follow the next solution.
#10: Reinstall Visual Voicemail App
It is the last trick you can try to fix Verizon Visual Voicemail not working Android issue. This trick helped many users in resolving the issue, so it should work for you as well.
Here, we are going to uninstall the app and reinstall it on the device. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, uninstall the app.
- Then, open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Visual Voicemail.
- Click on the Install button and complete the installation process.
- Now, try to open the app and check if it is working or not.
Additional Solutions to Fix Android Visual Voicemail Not Working
Apart from the above-discussed fixes, there are some more quick tricks and tweaks you can use to fix this problem on your Android device. Here are the additional solutions that you may try out:
- Only use the phone where there is a carrier to activate the Visual Voicemail
- Get the dedicated data plan for the voicemail that offers the voicemail feature
- Enable the 4G/LTE service for the app
- Reboot your phone
- Request new Voicemail settings from your carrier
Frequently Asked Questions:
1: How do I fix T-Mobile Visual Voicemail not syncing on Android?
Not just T-Mobile users but other Visual Voicemail users are facing the same issue on their Android phones. However, it is not a big deal and can be fixed easily. Follow these quick tricks to fix T-Mobile Visual Voicemail not syncing on Android problem:
- Make sure Visual Voicemail have setup correctly
- Switch to the strong network connection
- Free up the space on your phone memory
- Delete some of the text threads or text messages to clear up the message box
- Factory reset your phone
- If it is happening due to the service outage, then contact the customer service
2: Why Visual Voicemail not working on my Samsung phone?
There could be several reasons why your Visual Voicemail not working on Samsung phone. Some of the most common reasons are:
- If the Visual Voicemail has not been set up correctly
- When your cell phone itself conflicted settings
- Using outdated carrier’s Voicemail app
- If there is a slow network connection
- It can also happen if the problem is from the carrier's side
3: Why can't I access my voicemail on Samsung?
If you can’t access the voicemail on your Samsung phone, then you may follow these tweaks to resolve the issue:
- First of all, make sure you are using the cellular data not the Wi-Fi
- Next, ensure voicemail is activated. If it is not activated, then call on 1509 to activate it.
4: How can I fix T-Mobile Visual Voicemail doesn’t appear on Android?
With the following solutions you can fix the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail not appearing on Android phone issue:
- Restart your phone
- Turn-off Wi-Fi and make sure to use the T-Mobile network
- Make sure to use the updated T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app
- Sync the inbox
- Clear the app data and cache
- If you are using the battery saver app, then uninstall it
- Update your Android OS
5: How to Fix AT&T Visual Voicemail not working on Android phone?
Follow these fixes to resolve AT&T Visual Voicemail not working:
- Turn off your Android phone for at least 10 seconds
- Switch to mobile network
- Contact the customer support
- Make sure you have setup the Visual Voicemail correctly on your phone
6: How can I turn on or off Visual Voicemail on my Android phone?
You can turn Visual Voicemail on an Android device by following these steps:
- Go to the Phone app and tap on it.
- Tap on the three vertical dots and select the Settings option.
- Click on the Voicemail. If you can’t see this option, then go to the Call Settings > Voicemail.
- Now, toggle the Visual Voicemail switch to turn on or turn off.
7: Why did Visual Voicemail disappear on my phone?
There could be several reasons behind Visual Voicemail gets disappeared on your phone. If you have messed up the settings, then it will be removed from the phone screen or if the app is corrupted then also the same will happen.
I hope that you have read this guide thoroughly and have tried all the solutions. If none of these fixes helped you and are still experiencing the Visual Voicemail isn’t working on Android problem, you must contact the carrier support team for help.
You can also use the tool mentioned in this article if you don’t want to go through these lengthy manual solutions. By using it you can expect the can’t update visual voicemail issue to be resolved within a few minutes if the problem is on your side otherwise as I said to get help from the carrier side.
Lastly, I would like to know whether you found this article or not. You can share your feedback and queries on Facebook or Twitter. Good luck!!
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.