WhatsApp is a very popular messaging service that brings plenty of convenience to our lives. Although it allows us to send or receive photos, videos, messages, and other documents with people. This application is available for almost all sorts of operating systems such as Android, iOS, Windows, etc.
However, there’re instances when we lose our WhatsApp messages due to numerous unforeseen reasons such as intentional or unintentional deletion, rooting of phone, uninstalling the WhatsApp app, etc.
Regardless of the reasons behind losing WhatsApp chats, they can be easily recovered by using the WhatsApp message recovery solutions mentioned here.
This optimized article will walk you through how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android and iOS devices with/without backup.
To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages/Chats From Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
So, let’s get started…
- Is It Possible To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android?
- Understanding The WhatsApp Conversation Backups
- How To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android Without Backup?
- Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android With Backup
- How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Of One Contact?
- How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone?
- Retrieve Archived Chats On WhatsApp
- How To Recover Deleted Media Files From WhatsApp On Android?
Is It Possible To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android?
Yes, of course, it is possible to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android phone.
If you have already enabled the backup option that is WhatsApp automatically backup or Google Drive backup, then you can easily recover deleted WhatsApp messages Android through these backup options.
But what if there is no backup of your lost WhatsApp chats???
There is nothing to worry about! In such a situation, you can go for the automatic solution which is Android Data Recovery software. This tool will eventually assist you to bring back your lost WhatsApp conversations successfully.
In order to know how to recover deleted messages on WhatsApp briefly, continue reading this article…
Understanding The WhatsApp Conversation Backups
To recover deleted WhatsApp messages on phone, you must have turned ON the Chat Backup feature in the WhatsApp app’s settings.
If you want to get this feature, open WhatsApp, then tap on the 3 dots menu at the top of the right side corner >> click on Settings option >> Chats then Chat backup option.
Here (in Backup to the Google Drive on Android and Auto Backup on the iOS), the application offers numerous backup frequencies, as mentioned below:
Do remember that, you have to choose the exact backup frequency according to your requirements.
If you will enable the daily backup frequency, you can recover WhatsApp chats soon just after removing them.
However, if you’ll enable the weekly backup frequency, you can restore lost messages on WhatsApp of one-week chats, but this might hinder you some time.
Note: It is recommended to enable daily backup frequency for your crucial WhatsApp messages to prevent them from further deletion.
How To Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android Without Backup?
If you don’t have a backup of your lost WhatsApp chats or conversations then it is strongly recommended to use Android Data Recovery Tool to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup.
Not only from WhatsApp but this program can easily restore all types of messenger content without any tech knowledge or backup file.
Besides, it supports WhatsApp messages recovery from all Android phones and tablets such as Samsung, Micromax, HTC, Motorola, Sony, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Oppo, Vivo, and many more.
Below you can find other igneous features of this WhatsApp messages recovery software:
- Recover deleted/lost/erased WhatsApp data from Android Phones/Tablets.
- Restore WhatsApp photos, videos, audio, GIF images, chat conversations, call logs, notes, memos, documents, and many more.
- 100 % read-only program. Safe, secure, and easy to operate.
So, without any delay, download, install & run this WhatsApp recovery tool on your PC to restore Android WhatsApp messenger data.
Here is the user guide to know how to use this WhatsApp data recovery software for Android free.
How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On Android With Backup?
In order to restore messages from WhatsApp using backups, apply the below methods:
#1: How To Retrieve WhatsApp Backup From Google Drive On Android
Well, if you’ve previously enabled the Chat Backup feature in the WhatsApp app’s setting, you can retrieve WhatsApp messages from Google Drive on Android soon after deletion. But you must use the same mobile number & Google account that you were used for making a backup of your WhatsApp chats.
Step 1: Uninstall the WhatsApp application on your smartphone.
Step 2: Next, again install WhatsApp. Once the app is reinstalled successfully, you have to login into your WhatsApp by using the same mobile number that you were used before.
Step 3: Once you’re prompted to get back the chat history from a backup file >> click on Restore. Now everything from a recent backup will be retrieved.
#2: Recover Whatsapp Messages From Local Backup
WhatsApp automatically creates the local backups every day at the time that you have set & stores them on the internal or external memory (SD card) of your phone.
In order to recover WhatsApp chats from the SD card on your Android, follow the below steps:
- Launch a file manager application.
- In the second step, go to the ‘sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases’.
- In case, if your stuff is not saved on an SD card then it may store on the phone’s internal storage.
- At this time, rename a backup file that you need to get back from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to the db.crypt12. (A previous backup may be on a previous protocol, like crypt9/crypt10. So, don’t change a number of a crypt extension.)
- Launch Google Drive application >> select Backups.
- Here, if you will see the WhatsApp backup folder by your mobile number, then tap on it.
- Now, click on the 3-dot Menu & tap on the Delete
- Finally, uninstall & reinstall the WhatsApp. Throughout a setup process, you will be prompted to recover from a backup file that you’ve just edited. Click the RESTORE option to restore a backup file.
How To Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Of One Contact?
Well, there’s no assured way to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact. However, there’re a few things that you can attempt.
If the chats/conversations were erased within last seven days then you might be able to recover them through your phone’s backup. But if they were removed more than seven days then you must try the most reliable Android Data Recovery Tool to get them back.
How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone?
If you’ve lost your WhatsApp messages from iPhone and have previously taken a backup of those chats, follow these steps to recover deleted WhatsApp messages iPhone.
- Firstly, open WhatsApp >> navigate to “Settings.”
- Then, open the “Chat Settings” option from various options available >> click on the “Chat Backup” in order to confirm an availability of the iCloud backup through your WhatsApp.
- Now, remove & re-install the WhatsApp on the iOS device that you are using.
- Once the app is installed successfully, open it & verify your mobile number. You need to follow the steps according to your details. Finally, tap on a “Restore Chat History” option.
Now everything from a recent backup will be retrieved to your iPhone/iOS device.
How To Retrieve Archived Chats In WhatsApp?
In WhatsApp, archiving eliminates the chat from a chat list and allows us to hide the discussions that we are done.
Thereby, if you have archived the chat and now want to unarchive, follow the below steps according to your operating system.
For Android Users:
- Scroll down to a bottom of your chat list >> tap on the Archived chats (Y).
- Next, press & hold the chat that you need to recover.
- Click on an unarchive icon which you can see at a top-right side corner, the icon looks like the box with the upward-facing arrow.
For iPhone Users:
- Scroll upward in a chat list(you have to swipe from a top to the bottom) till Archived Chats
- Click on it, and swipe from the right to a left on a chat that you need to restore.
- Tap the Unarchive option that appears.
How To Recover Deleted Media Files From WhatsApp On Android?
If you are backing up your crucial WhatsApp media files on a regular basis, then you have a good chance to bring them back just after losing them.
In case, if you don’t have a backup, follow the below easy steps:
- Open the file explorer application on your Android.
- Navigate to the path /WhatsApp/Media.
- Now, merely shift through folders till you get the lost photos & videos that you need to recover.
To Sum Up
I am sure that after following the above-mentioned solutions on how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on Android, you must have regained your lost conversation back.
However, the manual solutions mentioned in this post are limited but Android Data Recovery Tool provides complete recovery of Whatsapp chat history including photos, videos, gif images, etc. on your Android.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.