Did your important files are hidden on Android phone and now you are looking for how to recover hidden files in Android mobile but don’t know how?
When this kind of situation occurs to any Android user then it’s really difficult to handle the situation. As the files that were hidden may be important and the worst part is nobody knows how to find hidden stuff on Android, right?
We all know that Android phones are very much popular because of its simplicity and advanced features. There are many manufacturers of Android phones available in the market such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Xiaomi, Gionee, etc. and each of them has its own brand value.
However, the thing here is by default, some files or folders saved on Android phones become hidden and you don’t know-how. Now in some cases, you cannot even view those files or folders so this is really frustrating.
However, when such things occur then there are ways to tackle the situation where you can view and recover hidden files on Android phone.
So here in this blog, I will give you a complete guide on how to recover deleted hidden files in Android phone.
To recover deleted hidden data from Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
But before going to any solution, let’s see a user experience reported about the same situation.
Source: Android Central.com
Video Tutorial – How to Recover Hidden Files on Your Android Phone
How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Mobile?
Follow the below methods for how to view hidden files on Android phones successfully.
- Using ES File Explorer
- Recover Hidden Files using Default File Manager
- Android Phone Using Gallery
- Recover Deleted Hidden Files In Android Mobile Using Android Data Recovery
- Show Hidden Files Android Via Google Photos
- How To Find Hidden Stuff On Android Via Google Drive
- How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Mobile SD Card
Method 1: How To Find And Recover Deleted Hidden Files On Android Using ES File Explorer?
Generally, Android users use several apps to hide their files like Gallery Vault, File Hide Expert, Hide Pro, etc and if so then it’s easy to find and show hidden files on Android using ES File Explorer.
Here the steps below that will guide you on how to see and recover hidden files on Android:
- First, install ES File Explorer from Google Play Store
- Then slide right menu and choose Tools option
- Now move down and select “Show hidden files”
- Enable it and all your hidden files will be viewed on Android phone.
This solution has helped plenty of users to view and recover hidden files in Android mobile.
Method 2: How To Find Hidden Files On Android using Default File Manager
- First, open default File Manager
- Now click on Menu option and choose “Show Hidden Files”
- Then your hidden files and folders will be seen on Android phone
- If you further want to hide any files or folders then click on Menu > choose “Hide Hidden Files” option
Method 3: How To Unhide Files/Folders On Android Phone Using Gallery
You can easily find hidden folder Android by using the built-in app of your Android mobile known as “Gallery”.
Here is how to see hidden photos in Gallery app:
- First, go to Gallery app on your Android phone
- Then click on Gallery Menu and choose Settings
- Now at last, click on “Show Hidden Files”.
Extra Tips On How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Mobile
- When you save any file name with dot (.) in front then simply go to My Files in your phone and tap on Settings Here activate “Show hidden files” option. After that, you will be able to view the hidden files. And remember to remove dot (.) after which the files will not get hidden further.
- If you have hidden your files using Gallery Lock App and if you have forgot the password then to view the files, go through the steps: Go to /SD card/data and you can see the files that were hidden with .glk Though, the files that have this extension are not viewed. So what you have to di simply copy the files and paste them in any other folder and change extension to .jpeg to view the files.
Method 4: How To Recover Deleted Hidden Files In Android Mobile Using Android Data Recovery
When all the above methods don’t work for you to recover hidden files in Android mobile then you can go for Android Data Recovery tool. This is a professional and most recommended solution that helps to recover deleted hidden files from Android phone with ease.
It has a powerful scanning algorithm that works effectively to find and retrieve missing files from Android. No matter whatever files are hidden or disappeared, using this tool will restore every lost item such as photos, videos, contacts, documents, notes, WhatsApp chats, call logs, audio files, and many others.
So instead of worrying much, it’s time to Download Android Data Recovery software and recover deleted hidden files in Android phones.
Simple Steps to Restore Hidden Data from Android Device
Method 5: Show Hidden Files Android Via Google Photos
Another effective way that can assist you to unhide photos on Android is Google photos. However, if you’ve previously enabled a “Sync” option on your phone to create a backup of all your data on Google Photos app, you can recover hidden stuff on Android.
To recover pictures from Google Photos, follow these steps:
- On your mobile, launch Google Photos application
- Tap on a hamburger menu >> click Trash option
- Here, you’ll get all your hidden or deleted stuff that you need.
- Choose them >> click on a Restore option.
Please Note– You can recover the deleted or hidden pictures from Google Photos within 60 days only.
Method 6: How To Find Hidden Stuff On Android Via Google Drive
Google Drive is another app that allows users to store their vital documents such as videos, photos, etc. for the future as a backup.
Thus, if you have also uploaded or saved your crucial files on Google drive then simply follow the below steps and view hidden files on Android.
- Open Google Drive app on your Android or you can visit https://google.com/drive through a browser.
- After that, log in the Google Drive using your Google credentials that you have used to upload files for backing up.
- Then, here you’ll get the list of your uploaded files.
- Find & select the needed items there >> click on a Download button.
Method 7: How To Recover Hidden Files In Android Mobile SD Card?
Well, if your unseen data are on the Android phone SD card then you have to insert your SD card to your PC using a card reader and view hidden stuff there.
For that, you have to follow the below steps carefully:
Step 1: Connect your memory card to PC using the card reader.
Step 2: Launch a File Explorer >> click on a View tab which you can see at top of your screen.
Step 3: Here, enable the option “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”. Next, click on Apply followed via OK.
Step 4: Also, untick the option “Hide protected operating system files”.
Is There A Deleted Folder On Android Phones?
No, there is no deleted folder available on Android phone.
Many users think of having a recycle bin option on Android phone but unlike computer, Android phone don’t have such option but yes, nowadays, many phones are coming with “Trash Bin” option. Other than that, the Android device comes with 32GB to 256GB or 512 GB storage space.
In fact, if your phone has Trash bin option then also there is a risk of getting storage full by unnecessary files which can further lead to phone crash.
How Do I Show Hidden Files On Android?
Many users ask how to find hidden files on Android?
The hidden files can be seen by going to File Manager > click on Menu > Settings. Now move to Advanced option and toggle On “Show Hidden Files”. Now you can access the files that were hidden previously.
How Do I View Hidden Files On SD Card?
Viewing hidden files on SD card is also easy. Simply open any folder on SD card > choose organize > then folder and search option > choose View under hidden files and folders > select “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives”.
Then uncheck “Hide protected operating system files” and tap on OK. When any popup occurs, click on Yes and now you can easily view the hidden files on SD card.
Hence, you can access all the files that were hidden on your Android, by following the manual steps mentioned above for how to recover hidden files in Android mobile.
However, if manual methods fail, then you can always use Android Data Recovery Software and easily find, unhide and retrieve hidden files within a few simple mouse clicks.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.