If you have forgotten your Android phone password/pin/pattern and now wanted to know the universal unlock pattern for android without losing data, go through this article completely. Fortunately, we have got some of the easiest ways to unlock Android password without resetting.
Well, keeping passwords nowadays is very important as it secures your important files and data from third-party access. But at the same time, remembering those passwords is a complex part. So, today in this article we have discussed some of the best ways to unlock your Android phone without resetting.
To Unlock your Android Phone With Universal Unlock Pattern, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can remove lock screen with PIN, pattern, password and fingerprint quite easily. Now bypass Android locked screen in just 3 easy steps:
Is there any Universal Unlock Pattern for Android?
Whenever there comes a question of unlocking your Android phone, the first thing users search for is a universal unlock pattern for android without losing data. So the answer to the above question is yes.
What is The Universal Unlock Pattern for Android Without Losing Data?
Use Forgot Password Feature
This method is generally considered the universal unlock pin for Android to unlock phones. As the built-in forgot password feature is easy to use and more importantly it works almost for all Android phones. So below are the steps to use it.
- Try 5 wrong passwords to unlock your device.
- Next, you will get the Forgot Pattern option. Simply tap on it.
- Now select the option Enter Google account details.
- Once selected you’ll be asked to enter your google account details, just fill in the details.
- After that, you will receive an email with a link in it to set a new password for your Android phone.
How to Unlock Pattern For Android Without Losing Data Using Software?
If you forgot your Android password and looking for a way to unlock your Android screen then use Android Unlock Tool. This tool is designed especially for unlocking the phone screen. It supports four types of locks to unlock the device.
This tool is 100% safe and secure and is highly recommended as this not only unlocks your device but also keeps your device data protected. Thereby no matter what pattern you chose, this tool will definitely help you out with this scenario by unlocking your device without losing data at no time.
Download the software and follow the user guide of this tool to use it.
Bypass Pattern Lock On Android Phone Without Software
Method 1: Using Backup PIN to Unlock Android Password
This is another method to unlock Android password without a factory reset. At the time of setting a password, you might have noticed that you get the option of setting a security PIN. This PIN is used as a Backup PIN when you cannot unlock your device.
So here are the steps to do so:
- Go to Pattern Lock.
- Try 5 wrong attempts, and a message will prompt stating to try after 30 Seconds.
- Next, you will get the option Backup PIN, simply click on it and continue.
- Now enter the Backup PIN and tap OK.
- Getting entered a Backup PIN can unlock your device.
Method 2: Unlock Your Android Phone by Rebooting Device in Safe Mode
Rebooting your device in safe mode is the best-recommended method to unlock your device in case you’re using a third-party lock app. Here are the steps to reboot the device in safe mode:
- Long hold the Power button and release it once the power menu appears.
- Now long-press the Power option, it will give you the message to reboot your device on safe mode, tap OK.
- Once your device is done with safe rebooting, now all the downloaded apps will be automatically disabled including the third-party lock app.
- Next, reset the data or uninstall the other lock screen app.
- And lastly, restart your device to exit safe mode.
After restarting you are all set to unlock your phone without a password.
If you are a Samsung user then you can go for the guide on How To Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password.
Method 3: Use Find My Device to Unlock Forgotten Pattern on Your Android Device
Google Find My Device is mostly used to locate the device or delete the data when users lost their phone or stolen. But the best part of it is that you can also use it to lock or unlock your device.
Note: [For this Google Find My Device app should have been installed on your locked device. Also, it must have been enabled already and connected to the internet.]
If your locked device is fulfilling the above-given criteria then follow the below steps to unlock your device using Google Find my device service:
- Browse for Google Find My Device on your PC.
- Now, log in with the same account that you used earlier to set up your locked device.
- Then, select your device>lock.
- Now, enter a temporary password and click on the Lock button.
- After that reboot your locked device.
- Now password screen will appear on your locked device. Put in the temporary password to unlock your device.
- Lastly, go to your device’s lock screen settings and turn off the temporary password.
Method 4: Unlock Your Android Phone Using Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
Another method to unlock Android password without factory reset is by using ADB. But before going for this method, you just need to know some of its important requirements.
- You must have USB debugging enabled on your phone.
- You have to set your system as a trusted device.
- If the encryption feature on your device is enabled, then it won’t work.
If all the above-mentioned requirements are fulfilled by your locked device then follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to the trusted system via USB.
- Now run Command Prompt.
- Type the command adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key and hit Enter.
- Next reboot your Android device.
- After reboot lock screen will disappear but only temporarily.
- Now set a new password.
- Once set, restart your device and use a new password to unlock your locked device.
Method 5: Unlock Your Device Using Emergency Call Feature
An emergency Call feature is as same as Forgot Password which is also built-in on your Android device. This feature crashes your lock screen thereby directly opening the home screen.
So follow the steps below to make use of the Emergency Call feature:
- Go for the Emergency Call feature appearing on your lock screen.
- Now dial * 10 times. Copy the same and paste until the field gets filled.
- After that visit the lock screen again and open the camera.
- Next, go to Settings and paste the copied * in the password field and paste until the lock screen crashes and the home screen appears.
How do I crack a forgotten pattern?
You can unlock your locked device using ADM. Follow the simple steps below to do so:
Why can't I unlock my device with Google Find My Device?
If you want to use Google's Find My Device, you need to see first that if it's part of your phone's Android version or not. Moreover, if you find the app on your Android but is disabled then you need to enable it. For this you need to follow the simple below steps:
Anyways Locking your phone is now common and necessary to avoid third-party access to your device. Therefore, forgetting passwords is also a common situation, which looks out for a universal unlock pattern for android without losing data. Well, the above are a few methods that will help you unlock your device thereby protecting your important data.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.