Planning to discard your broken Android phone but wondering how to wipe it completely before discarding it? If Yes, here’s a blog for you containing different methods to wipe Android phone with broken screen.
Wiping data on a broken phone entirely depends on the damage caused to the phone and is thus quite a challenging task.
So, in this guide, we’ll walk you through a few techniques to help you securely wipe your Android phone, even when the screen is inaccessible.
Continue reading further…
How to Backup Android Phone with Broken Screen Before Wiping It?
Before proceeding to wipe your phone, you must back up your important data first. Although backing up broken Android phone data is challenging but it’s possible if the phone is still working and is accessible.
So, if your phone is partially working, use the Android Backup & Restore tool and get your data securely backed up.
You just need to download this software on your system and follow the steps mentioned in the user guide.
Also Read: Backup Android Phone with A Broken Screen
How to Wipe Android Phone with Broken Screen?
Once you are done with backing up your Android data, check out the below methods to wipe Android data with broken screen.
Method 1: Factory Reset Your Phone (Official Method)
Factory Reset is the first and foremost method to completely wipe your Android phone data. But when it comes to erasing data from a broken phone, the task gets twisted. In such a case, your phone must be in partially working condition to perform a factory reset.
Now, if your phone is partially working, below are the steps on how to factory reset a phone with a broken screen.
- Hold the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously to boot your device in recovery mode.
- When in recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate to the Wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to confirm.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- When completed, head to the option Reboot system now using the Volume buttons and confirm it hitting the Power button.
So, here we recommend you go for the next method to permanently wipe your data from a broken Android phone.
Method 2: Using Android Data Eraser (Quick Method)
If you are looking for a method to permanently erase data from a broken screen Android phone, Android Data Eraser is the best-recommended software.
The tool securely wipes all your phone data and protects your private information. It can erase various data such as videos, photos, contacts, messages, files, audio, app data, and many others.
Moreover, the software is compatible with various Android phones including Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony, HTC, HUAWEI, Xiaomi, Google Pixel, etc.
So, simply download the software and get your data permanently vanished from your broken Android phone following the steps here.
Method 3: Wipe Your Android Device Remotely
If your phone is not at all accessible, in such a case wiping your broken Android phone remotely is the best option that you can try.
- The phone must be connected to cellular data or WiFi.
- Find My Device must be enabled on your device.
- The phone is signed into a Google Account.
- Is visible on Google Play.
If you have all these above requirements fulfilled, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Find My Device on your PC.
- Then, login using your Google account credentials.
- Now, choose the device on which you want to erase the data, if multiple devices are registered.
- Lastly, select the Erase Device option on the next screen.
- Confirm wiping data by hitting the Erase option.
- Wait until all the data on your phone gets erased.
You are all set to discard your broken phone.
How to Wipe a Phone That Won’t Turn On?
If your phone is dead and won’t turn on, first try powering it on by charging it to wipe data, if it’s dead due to a discharged battery.
But if the phone is dead due to any physical damage and now you are wondering how to wipe a dead Android phone, here’s an answer to your question.
In such a case, Google Find My Device can help you erase data from a dead phone. But for this, you need to have the below requirements fulfilled.
- The device must have Find My Device enabled.
- Phone must be currently signed into the Google account.
Now, follow the instructions below step-by-step:
- Browse Google Find My Device on your system.
- Now, log in using your account credentials.
- Then, select the device on which you want to erase the data.
- Choose the option Erase Device.
- Hit the Erase option to confirm wiping data.
- Wait for the data to get erased from the dead phone.
Also Read: Android Broken Screen Data Recovery
Quick Data Recovery from Android Phone with Broken Screen
If you wiped the data on your broken phone before backing it up, use Android Data Recovery software to retrieve the lost data from a broken phone.
Besides broken screen phones, this tool is capable of recovering lost data under different scenarios such as accidental deletion, factory reset, SD card issue, black screen phone, virus attack, unresponsive phone, and others.
So, download the software and get your lost data back following the instructions on this user guide.
Here comes the end of this article!!! Follow the methods step-by-step as mentioned to securely wipe Android phone with broken screen.
Also, do not forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest updates on our articles.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.