Summary: Trying to recover data from Android phone with broken screen? It may seem a tedious job to you, but with the help of this comprehensive guide, one can easily perform the Android broken screen data recovery. So, read this article and apply the given methods to restore files from a broken phone.
Dealing with a data loss is truly a hassle, and when the phone screen is broken, the situation gets even worse. Although most of the smartphones come with strong screen protection, there could be instances where they may get shattered.
Being said that, if you are in the same condition and struggling to retrieve data from broken Android phone, then you don’t need to brainstorm. In this article, I am going to walk you through several methods that will help you in getting back the phone data.
So, pay attention to each solution and step, and by the end, you will be able to access your phone data.
To Recover Data From Android Phone With Broken Screen, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
Is It Possible to Recover Data from Android Phone With a Broken Screen?
The answer to this question is “YES”. There is still a possibility to restore your valuable data from Android phone/tablet with broken screen. However, it depends on the condition of your phone.
If your phone screen is broken but is still responsive, then you have quite a good chance to access the data on the device. However, if your phone screen is totally damaged and is not responsive at all, then there is a slim chance of recovering the phone data.
So, the possibility of getting back the data from the phone entirely depends on the condition of the phone screen.
Recommended Method to Get Data from Broken Phone
When it comes to recovering data from a working Android phone, it is not a difficult task at all, as there are several ways and tools to do this. But what if you cannot access your phone? Sounds impossible, right?
But let me tell you, it is still possible to recover data from an Android phone with a broken screen. All you need is Android Data Recovery Tool. With the help of this tool, you can recover data from the phone even when it is not accessible.
So, it doesn’t matter if your phone is dead or broken, you can use this broken phone data recovery software and get back all the files. This software can easily recover all kinds of data, including photos, videos, app data, contacts, messages, documents, etc.
So, don’t waste any further time and restore files from the broken screen phone. Additionally, you can follow the user guide for complete instructions about the usage of this tool on your device.
How To Perform Broken Android Data Recovery [Without USB Debugging]
1: Use USB OTG Cable to Recover Data from Broken Screen Android Phone
If your phone screen is broken and not working but still responsive, use this method to recover data from the device. Here, we are going to use the USB OTG cable to perform the whole method.
USB OTG cable will allow your phone to connect to another device that will act as a mouse to access your phone. So, with this cable, one can connect a phone to the mouse and use it as a controller to control the Android phone.
With this cable, you can transfer all files from your broken phone to any other device wirelessly. Now, let’s see how to do this:
- Connect your Android phone to the mouse using a USB OTG cable.
- Use this mouse to unlock your Android phone.
- Now, use Bluetooth to transfer all your important files to another device. Or upload all data to the cloud storage, such as Google Drive.
2: How to Get Back Data From Broken Android Phone by Using Google Drive?
Note: This method can be applied on phones having a broken screen but is still working. If your screen is not working at all, use the USB OTG cable to control your phone screen.
If you have backed up your phone data to Google Drive, then you can easily restore all data on a new or repaired phone using the same Google account. However, if you don’t have a backup on Google Drive, follow the below-given instructions to do the same:
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Go to the About Phone > Backup & reset.
- Tap on the Back up my data and enable the Turn on backups option.
- Go back to the Backup & reset page and make sure your Google account is connected to the Backup account.
- Now, login to the new phone using the same Google account you are using on the broken Android phone.
- Go to the Backup & restore and tap on the Automatic Restore option to restore all data of the broken Android phone.
3: Use the SD Card
There are so many Android users who have a habit of saving their data on SD cards. If you are one of them, it becomes easy to recover data from Android phone with broken screen.
- Take out the SD card from your broken phone and insert it into another device.
- Open File Manager on your phone and go to the SD card.
- Now, select all the data you want to restore > tap on Copy.
- Go to the Internal Storage folder.
- Tap on Copy Here or Paste option.
How to Get Data From a Broken Phone When USB Debugging is Enabled?
If you already have a USB Debugging enabled on your phone, you can perform the broken Android phone data recovery. Having this option enabled on your phone allows it to access the device storage on the computer.
So that whenever you connect your phone to the computer, you can access the phone storage on a computer without unlocking your phone.
Here are some ways to get back data from a broken phone if the USB Debugging is enabled on your Android phone.
1: Use File Explorer to Transfer Files from Broken Android Phone to Computer
Since you have USB Debugging enabled on your phone, you can access the phone storage on a computer and transfer files from phone to computer. However, with this method, you won’t be able to transfer all files.
You can only transfer photos, videos, documents, audio files, and more. Files like contacts, call logs, app data, and messages won’t be readable on the computer. If you want to get back all data, you can go for the recommended method, Android Data Recovery Tool.
To restore data from a broken Android phone using the File Explorer, you need to do the following:
- Connect your Android phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click on This PC. Here, you can see your phone name. Now, click on it.
- Go to the Internal shared storage.
- Now, find the files that you like to recover. Copy them and paste them onto the computer.
2: How to Get Data from a Broken Phone Using a PC?
When your Android phone breaks then use your PC to access the data stored on phone. For that, you need Android Control Tool that you need to download and install on the computer.
And apart from this, you should also install ADB on a PC so that you can easily access your broken phone and can recover data from an Android phone with a broken screen.
Note: Remember that this solution will only work when USB debugging is enabled on phone.
Now follow the below steps to move ahead:
- Download and install ADB on PC from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 (Developed by shimp208- an XDA Developer Forum member). It will create a shortcut on the desktop that can be used to open a command prompt
- When the command prompt opens up, just enter the below-mentioned command:
echo “persist.service.adb.enable=1” >>/system/build.prop
echo “persist.service.debuggable=1” >>/system/build.prop
echo “persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb” >>/system/build.prop”
- Now once reboot your device.
- After that, connect your device to a PC, and Android Control Screen will appear that will help to control the device through the PC.
- And now, just backup your data to any storage space like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
How to Get Back Data from Android Phone With Non-Functional Broken Screen?
If your phone is fully damaged and the screen is unresponsive, then there is one more way for Android broken screen data recovery. Here, you need to connect your phone to the TV. But before doing this, you need to have a USB hub, USB Mouse, and HDMI cable.
Now, let’s see how you can do this:
- First, connect the phone to the USB hub and the HDMI cable to the TV.
- Then, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the USB hub.
- Now, connect your mouse to the USB hub.
- Turn on your TV > select the right HDMI input.
- Finally, you can access your Android phone through the TV. Now, either transfer your files to another device via Bluetooth or backup all data on cloud storage so that you can restore it to any other device.
What to Do When the Android Phone is Totally Damaged and Unresponsive?
After following the above methods, if you still face the same situation then it’s better to take your device to a repair shop and tell them that the data stored on it are important and you want them back.
They will analyze your phone properly and will try to fix the issue. This is also one of the best ways to recover data from Android phone with broken screen.
I hope that following the above methods and steps helped you to recover your data from your android smartphone or tablet that has a broken screen.
Besides the mentioned solutions, I will suggest you keep the backup of your phone on external devices or cloud storage. It will help you to cope-up with the data loss situations.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.