Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped error generally occurs due to outdated version of Android OS, corrupted cache data of the Contacts app, insufficient storage space on the device, glitches/bugs on the phone, etc. However, restarting or updating the phone, clearing the Contacts app cache, and removing & re-adding the Google account are a few ways to fix this issue. Nevertheless, if you want to know more solutions to get rid of it, read this article till the end.
The ‘android.process.acore has stopped error’ occurs while calling and scrolling the Contacts on the phone. So, it affects the Contacts and dialer app of the Android phone.
Though, the issue seems quite serious but can easily be fixed by using the resolutions mentioned in this post.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started…
To Fix android.process.acore Has Stopped Error on Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
What Causes the android.process.acore Keeps Stopping Issue on Android?
There are multiple reasons why could be getting the below shown error on your Android device.
The following are the most common reasons that are highly likely to cause this problem on the Android phone:
- Corrupted cached data of the Contacts app
- If your Android OS is outdated
- Not having enough storage space on your device
- Apps are not updated
- If there is a virus on your phone
- Or, probably there is some glitches or bugs on the phone
How To Fix “Unfortunately, The Process android.process.acore Has Stopped” Error?
Method 1: Recommended Solution: Use Android Repair Tool to Fix android.process.acore Error
If you don’t want to go for any manual ways and want to get rid of this error tight away, then you can try the professional Android Repair Tool. It will surely fix the Unfortunately The Process android.process.acore Has Stopped error on your Android phone.
This is a powerful utility specially designed to solve Android-related issues like phone stuck in a boot loop, apps keep crashing, black/blue screen of death error, etc.
So, let’s download and install this software on your PC and follow its user guide to fix problems on your phone.
Note: It is recommended to download and use the software on your PC or laptop only.
Method 2: Update Apps & Reboot the Phone
When you use outdated apps on the phone, it leads to many other problems, including the Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped error. So, before proceeding with any other solutions, try this basic troubleshooting method to fix it.
Update all the apps on your phone, especially the Contacts and Phone app. It will fix the temporary glitches in the app that might be causing this error in the first place.
Instead of updating the app one by one, follow these steps to update all the apps on your Android phone:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Tap on the profile icon given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Manage apps & device.
- Click on the Updates available option.
- Here, tap on the Update All button.
- Now, all the apps will start updating. This process will take some time. So, have patience.
Once all the apps are updated, make sure to restart your phone and check if this solution fixed the problem or not.
Method 3: Update Your Android OS
As I already said the android.process.acore keeps stopping issue on Android may occur due to running the outdated Android OS, updating it may resolve the issue. In my previous articles, I have always suggested keeping the OS updated to fix Android errors and issues.
It is because doing this will not only fix the errors but also introduces the new features, securities, and patches to keep up the overall performance of the device. So, you must keep checking for new updates on your phone.
- Go to the Settings > tap on the About Phone option.
- Click on the System Update.
- Check if your phone has any pending updates.
- If there is a new update available for your phone, tap on the Download Update button.
Method 4: Clear Contacts App Cached Data To Fix android.process.acore Keeps Stopping
Corrupted files in the cached data of the Contacts app are also responsible for this error on your Android device. So, try wiping out the cached data of this app to resolve the problem. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the Apps.
- Search for the Contacts app in the list and tap on it.
- Now, go to the Storage option.
- Click on the Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
Do the same for two more apps which are Contacts Storage and Google Contacts sync. If you cannot find these apps in the list, then open the Apps from the Settings menu and tap on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner and select the Show system apps option.
Also Read: Fix Process com.android.systemui Has Stopped Error On Android
Method 5: Disable Facebook Sync Option
Many users have found that they are getting the android.process.acore has stopped error due to the syncing issues with the Facebook app.
So, if you are facing the problem for the same reason, turn off the Facebook and FB Messenger sync option. For this, you need to do the following:
- Open notification panel > tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Accounts.
- Go to Facebook > and uncheck the Sync option.
- Follow the same steps to turn off the Sync option of Facebook Messenger.
- Lastly, restart your phone.
If the error message is still popping up on the screen, try reinstalling the Facebook and Messenger apps. Maybe these apps are conflicting with Contacts and resulting in this annoying error.
Hence, reinstalling these apps will give them a fresh start, and hopefully resolve the issue.
Method 6: Reset App Preferences to Fix android.process.acore Has Stopped Error
Resetting the preferences of the apps restores the apps to the default settings and also enables the disabled apps. So, if any important system app is disabled on the phone, then you may come across the android.process.acore has stopped error.
That’s why reset the app preferences on your phone and fix this error right away.
- First, go to Settings and select Apps.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner.
- Select the Reset app preferences option.
- Click on the Reset Apps button to confirm the reset.
- At last, restart your device and be ready to apply new app preferences.
Method 7: Remove and Re-Add the Google Account
Another way to fix this error is by removing and re-adding the Google account to your phone. Following this solution will fix the issues between the Google account and Contacts.
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on the Accounts option.
- Select Google and choose your Google Account.
- Tap on the Remove Account button.
- Restart the phone.
- Once the phone starts, add the Google account again.
Also Read: Resolve Process System Isn’t Responding Issue on Android
Method 8: Clear System Partition Cache
There is a possibility that you are running out of storage space on your device and that’s why you are getting the process android.process.acore has stopped error on Android. To make some space on your phone, you can clear out the partition cache.
Doing this will remove all the temporary files created on the device and with that, you will be able to get some free space in the device storage. So, follow these steps to do this:
- First, switch off your Smartphone.
- Now press and hold Volume up + Power button + Home button altogether.
- System Recovery mode will be seen on the screen.
- Now use the volume up or down key to navigate through the option.
- Go to Wipe cache partition and then click the power button to confirm the option.
- Once the process is completed, restart your phone.
Now, check if you are still getting the error while accessing the Contacts app or making calls.
Method 9: Fix Android Process Acore Has Stopped By Factory Resetting Your Device
After following all the above methods, if you still face problems in solving the error then it is suggested to do a factory reset on your device. This is a risky method because it can erase all your data stored on your device.
If already backed up then it’s fine otherwise you should backup the data first. Then follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on About Phone.
- Go to the Backup & Reset.
- Click on the Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap on the Delete all data button.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Does It Mean When Your Phone Says Android Process Has Stopped?
When your phone says Android process has stopped, it simply means that you can’t access the apps on the phone and you can’t even overlook this issue. Nevertheless, it needs a bit of your time to be fixed.
Why Does My Phone Keep Saying Android Process Acore Keeps Stopping?
Your phone might be saying Android process acore keeps stopping due to outdated version of Android OS, corrupted cache data of the Contacts app, or insufficient storage space on the device.
How To Stop Unfortunately The Process android.process.acore Has Stopped Lenovo Vibe?
To stop this error, try the below tricks:
- Update Apps & Restart Your Phone
- Remove & Re-add Your Google Account
- Turn OFF Sync for Facebook
- Clear Cache Data for Contacts & Contacts Storage
- Update Device OS To the Latest Version
- Clear System’s Cache Partition
- Perform Factory Reset.
Also Read: Fix Android.Process.Media Has Stopped Error
Well, unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped error is a common issue nowadays which is faced by many Android users and it is also irritating in the sense that it occurs after every 5 seconds.
I hope whatever solutions I have guided in this blog for you will help you out to fix unfortunately the android.process.acore has stopped error easily.
Further, you can visit our Facebook or Twitter page.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.