Android phone users generally experience lots of issues or errors and one of the big issues is the Android boot loop. When users are stuck on the Android boot loop issue then they cannot access the device as the device does not boot up.
If you are new to this kind of issue then you might get confused about what had happened. There can be several reasons behind it like being stuck on boot loop after flashing firmware or ROM issue.
This error can also occur to users who have upgraded their Android OS to the latest Android 9. As many users have reported that they have come across the boot loop issue after the Android 9.0 update and want to fix the Android boot loop issue.
If you are also looking for a solution to fix the boot loop issues on Android without data loss then this blog is definitely for you. Here I am going to show you some best methods to fix the boot loop issue on Android.
To Fix Boot Loop Issue On Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
What Causes Android Stuck in Boot Loop Problem?
Before learning how to fix the Android bootloop error, let’s first see what might lead you to this problem on the Android phone.
Android bootloop error arises due to some specific reasons, the most of them include these:
- When you made changes in the rooted phone that are not compatible with the device’s hardware or software, such as flashing a new ROM, customizing firmware, etc.
- If you have downloaded the custom app on your phone.
- Due to the faulty system update
- Corrupted app update files
- If you have downloaded the app from an unknown source
- When there is malware or virus on your phone
- If your phone is physically damaged, such as broken screen, water damage.
Also Read: Fix Android Stuck In Recovery Mode
Best Software To Fix Android stuck on Boot Loop Issue Without Data Loss
If you don’t know how to fix the issue then I would simply suggest you use the Android Repair Tool. This professional tool helps to fix the boot loop issue on Android with one click. This tool is designed to repair all kinds of Android issues easily.
This amazing repair tool not only fixes the Android boot loop issue but also other errors as well like the Android black screen of death, the Android setting has stopped, etc. This is easy to use, fixes the error, and makes the phone to normal.
Remember that this repair tool works on all Android phones like LG, Sony, Samsung, etc. Therefore, simply Download the Android Repair tool and fix the boot loop issue on Android without losing data.
How to Fix Android Boot loop Issue?
Apart from the above-mentioned method, there are other manual fixes as well that can help you to fix the error. Here are the methods to follow:
Method 1: Restart Your Android Phone
Before proceeding with any other advanced solutions, make sure to restart your phone normally to fix this issue. It might seem a big problem to you, but there were some instances where users fixed this issue by giving a fresh restart to their phones.
So, turn off your phone, wait for some time, and then restart your phone. Now, check whether the Android phone stuck on startup screen issue has been resolved or not.
Method 2: Soft Reset Android Phone
When your device is stuck on Android boot loop issue then you can fix it by simply doing a soft reset. Turn off your device and the problem will be resolved.
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, switch off your device and take out your battery from the phone.
- If your battery is non-removable then turn off the phone for 3 to 5 minutes and again turn it on.
This method works effectively to fix the error of the boot loop issue. But if a soft reset does not work for you to fix Android phones stuck in the boot loop issue then you should follow the next method.
Method 3: Reboot System in Recovery Mode
Rebooting a phone in the Recovery Mode is known for fixing several errors and issues on your Android phone. So, if you are unable to start your phone in the normal mode or your Android is stuck in a reboot loop, then restart your phone in the Recovery Mode.
Method 4: Remove and Reinsert SD Card
You may also try to remove the SD card to fix the boot loop in Android. According to several user reports, this trick worked for them. So, you should try this.
First, turn off your phone > remove the SD card > turn on your phone normally, and check if your phone is out from the boot loop or not.
If it is still stuck in the bootloop, then go for the other solution.
Method 5: Reboot Phone in Safe Mode
This problem may also occur due to the problematic 3rd party apps. If you have recently installed an app on your phone and then you started facing this issue, then remove it from your device.
Or, if you are not sure which app is actually responsible, then try rebooting your phone in safe mode. Doing this will disable all the third-party apps on your Android phone and then you can easily find out if this is the reason behind this issue or not.
To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Start rebooting your phone.
- When the device logo appears on the screen, long-press the volume-down button at the same time.
- Now, your phone will automatically switch to the Safe mode.
- If your phone is no more getting into the boot loop, then it means one of the third-party apps installed on the device was causing this issue.
- Now, find out the problematic app and uninstall it to fix the Android bootloop without losing data.
Method 6: Use Custom Recovery Mode
When you find your Android is stuck on the startup screen due to the boot loop issue, then you must try to restart the phone in the Custom Recovery mode. Here is the guide to do so:
- To enter into the Custom Recovery mode press the Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Select the “Advanced” option in the Custom Recovery menu.
- Next, choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache”. Choose “Yes” when prompted for confirmation.
- Move to the “Mounts and Storage” option and choose “format/cache”. It will clear the cache files completely.
- Restart your device.
Method 7: Fix Android Bootloop Error Via CWM Recovery [For Rooted Phone]
Maybe you are not aware of this method but it’s a useful way to fix the boot loop issue on Android after the update. Remember that this method is only for rooted phones. Here CWM means ClockworkMod and if your phone is stuck on the Android boot loop then it must be downloaded and installed on phone.
Here are the steps on how to use CWM Recovery:
- First, press the Home + Power + Volume Up button to launch CWM Recovery (the key combination may vary from device to device)
- Now move down and select “Advanced” using the volume key
- After that, choose “Wipe” and select “Dalvik Cache”
- Here, select “Mount and Storage” and tap on “Wipe” or “Cache”
- When its done, reboot your device once
Now your device will become normal and you can access it as before.
Method 8: Wipe Cache Partition
If you want to fix Android boot loop without data loss, then here is a useful Android feature that you may consider, Wipe Cache Partition.
This error can also be occurred due to the clogged cached data on your phone. So, using the Wipe Cache Partition feature, you can wipe out all cached data and temporary files from your phone.
Here is how you can do this:
- Press the Power + Volume Down + Home button simultaneously to enter the Recovery Mode.
- Now, you will get the Menu on the screen.
- Here, select the Wipe Cache Partition option.
- It will start removing all the junk files from your mobile. This process may take some time. So, have patience.
- After the completion of the process, restart your phone.
Method 9: Factory Reset Your Android Phone
When nothing works for you then only one method lasts for you and that is the factory reset. This is generally used to wipe your phone settings and data. But at the same time, it also has the power to fix several issues.
So this method can also help you to fix the boot loop issue on Android. But remember that here your data will be deleted forever. Therefore, you should backup all your stuff before you follow the steps to factory reset.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press & hold the Power and Volume Up buttons until you see the device logo on the screen.
- Now, the Android system recovery screen will appear.
- Here, select the Wipe data/factory reset option. (Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select the option.)
- Select the Yes option on the next prompted screen.
- Once the factory reset process is finished, select the Reboot system now option.
After finishing this process, check if the problem still persists. If yes, then there is no more way to fix it on your own. Lastly, you need to take your phone to the service center.
Also Read: How to Fix Android Stuck In Fastboot Mode
How To Recover Data From Bootloop Phone After Factory Reset?
It may happen that after doing a factory reset of your phone, some data may get lost that you need now. In fact, some files are also important that are now deleted from the phone.
How to recover them is a big headache for users, but there is still some hope for users to retrieve them. Even after a factory reset, there is a possibility to get back lost files from Android.
You should use recovery software like Android Data Recovery that helps to recover deleted files from Android phones. This is an easy-to-use tool that works effectively to retrieve disappeared data from phones.
Hopefully, this article on how to fix Boot Loop on Android without Losing Data helped you in fixing your issue. If you want a quick fix then you should use Android repair software.
And in case you lose data from your Android while fixing this issue, then you must immediately apply Android Data Recovery Software to get back lost data from the Android phone.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.