If you are reading this article, then you must have forgotten your phone’s Pin/Pattern or password and looking for ways to unlock Android phone. Not to worry, because this happens way more often than you might think. To bail you out from this situation, I have compiled the 8 best methods on how to bypass Android lock screen so that you can easily access your Android phone again without losing any data.
In order to bypass lock screen Android phone, you must try Android Lock Screen Removal tool. Apart from that, you can use the ‘Forgot Pattern’ feature of Google Account, use ADB to delete password file, Google’s ‘Find My Device’ website, or remove all data along with the lock screen by doing Factory Reset your Android phone. Samsung users can disable Android lock using Samsung’s ‘Find My Mobile’ service as well.
So without any delay, let’s find out how to bypass the Android lock screen using all 8 methods one by one.
Note: All below-mentioned solutions work differently on different Android devices. But it works for most Android phones and tablets such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Panasonic, Gionee, Google phones, Redmi, Motorola, Sony, Vivo, Oppo, etc.
- Use Android Lock Screen Removal Software (Recommended)
- Unlock Android Screen Password with Google Account/Forgot Pattern Feature
- Disable Android Lock With Samsung’s “Find My Mobile” Service
- Reset Your Phone to Factory Settings
- Boot Phone in Safe Mode to Remove Lock Screen
- Using ADB to Delete Password File
- Crash The Lock Screen UI
- Use Google’s ‘Find My Device’ Website
1: Use Android Lock Screen Removal Software (Recommended)
Android Lock Screen Removal is one of the most popular and suitable Android phone screen unlocking software that effectively removes the screen lock from Android devices.
This phone unlocking software allows you to bypass Pattern lock, PINs, and Passwords. It is a legal, safe, and secure method to unlock screen locks on Android phones/tablets. It removes/disable screen lock without data loss on Android.
This tool works as a universal unlock pin for android as it unlocks all types of Android phones. This is the best way for those users who want to know how to unlock android phone password without factory reset. So simply Download Android Unlock Tool and bypass the lock screen on an Android phone.
The process is very easy and simple and within a few steps, you can remove the screen lock and access your phone and its data.
Steps to Unlock/Bypass/Hack/Remove Android Screen Lock PIN, Pattern, Password, or Fingerprints
- Part 1. Unlock Android lock screen using Standard Mode
- Part 2. Unlock Android lock screen using Advanced Mode
Part 1: Unlock Android lock screen using standard mode
Step 1: Connect your Android device
First install and launch Android Unlock on your computer and click on 'Screen Unlock'.
Now connect your Android device to your computer with the help of USB cable and click on 'Unlock Android Screen' option.
Step 2: Select device model
The recovery package for different phone models is different, therefore it is very important that you must select the correct phone model. In the list, you can find all the supported device models.
Step 3 - Enter into Download Mode
To get Android device into Download Mode, follow the below mentioned instruction:
- Switch OFF the phone.
- Press Power button + Home button and Volume Down button all together at the same time.
- Now finally press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Download Recovery Package
Once you enter into download mode, it will start to download the recovery package. Just wait for download to get complete.
Step 5 - Remove Android Device Screen Lock Without Losing Data
After the download of recovery package is finished, tap on 'Remove Now'. Doing this process will not delete any data from Android phone
When entire process is over, now you can use your Android phone without password and can preview all the data on phone without any limit
Part 2: Unlock Android lock screen using advanced mode
If you fail to find your device model from the list then you should select Advanced mode to remove lock screen on Android.
NOTE- This process may delete data from phone
Step 1: Choose second option (advanced mode).
Here you should choose second option mentioned 'I can't find my device model from the list above'
Now Android Unlock will prepare lock screen removal
When configuration file is finished, tap on 'Unlock Now'
Step 2: Enter into Recovery mode
Here you should boot your device into Recovery mode.
Steps are as follow for Android phone with Home button:
- First, turn off Android phone first
- Then long press Volume Down + Power button to restart
- After screen turns black, press Volume Up + Home + Power button instantly for few seconds
- Now release all buttons when logo appears
Steps are as follow for Android phone without Home button:
- Switch off your Android phone, when you are asked to enter lock screen password then long press Volume Down + Power buttons to force restart
- Now when screen turns black, long press Volume Up + Bixby + Power for sometime
- After that, release all buttons when logo is seen on phone screen
Step 3: Bypass Android lock screen
Once Recovery mode is activated, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to delete phone settings
After some time, the lock screen will be removed from Android phone
2: Unlock Android Screen Password with Google Account/Forgot Pattern Feature
This option is available by default on Android devices and hence you can unlock your phone using a Google account or forgot pattern feature.
Note: This will work only when you signed up with a Google account before when your phone actually gets locked.
Find out the steps below –
- After a few failed attempts, you will get a pop-up message saying “Try again in 30 sec. You have 5 tries left”. Below the message, you will see the option that displays “Forgot Pattern” on the lower corner of your lock screen. Tap on Forgot Pattern.
- Now you have to enter your Google account details. Simply enter your Gmail ID and password that you have used to set up your Android device. After this Google will send an email with the new pattern lock.
- You can now open the mail and reset the pattern lock.
Note: This solution requires internet access to reset your pattern lock or else you will not be able to log in to your Google Account.
3: Disable Android Lock With Samsung’s “Find My Mobile” Service
If you are a Samsung user, then this is one of the most effective solutions that you must follow to unlock forgotten passwords, PINs, Fingerprints, or pattern locks.
Note: For this, you have to login into your Samsung account.
Here are the steps to follow –
1st Step: Log in to your Samsung Account.
2nd Step: Click on the “Lock” option that is located on the right side.
3rd Step: Now enter a new PIN and click on the Lock button placed at the bottom.
Within a minute or two, this will change the existing PIN with the new PIN that you have just entered, which you can use to unlock your device without a Google account.
This service work amazingly for Samsung devices such as S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, and so on. The steps are easy and simple.
4: Reset Your Phone to Factory Settings
If you are unable to unlock the lock screen by using Google Account/Forgot Pattern or Samsung “Find My Mobile” (for Samsung users), then you can always use the Android Screen Removal software mentioned above.
However, you can also hard reset your phone to factory restore to get rid of the locked screen problem. For this, you have to enter into Recovery Mode.
Note: Performing Hard Factory Reset will wipe/erase all data stored within the phone. Also, you have to find the correct key sequence to perform the hard reset because different phones have different specific sequences. So, it is better, you find the right key sequence for your Android device.
Below find out how to hard factory reset Android device (we have taken the Samsung Galaxy phone as an example):
- Switch OFF your phone. Press and hold volume up, home, and power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- The Android bootloader menu will open. Select the “Recovery mode” and press the power button to enter into recovery mode.
- Once you enter into Recovery Mode, use the volume down button to select the ‘Wipe data/factory reset‘ option, and select it.
- Now reboot your device.
5: Boot Phone in Safe Mode to Remove Lock Screen
It is one of the very easy and quick ways to get rid of the lock screen. But it is effective if the lock screen is a third-party app and not the stock lock.
Below find out how to do this:
Press the power button on your smartphone and long-press the Power off option. This will ask you if you want to reboot into safe mode. Press ‘OK‘ to reboot the phone.
Doing this will temporarily disable the lock screen, that was locked by third-party apps. It will clear the data or uninstall the lock screen app and get back out of safe mode by rebooting.
Note: This is only effective to bypass the lock screen that was locked using third-party app lock screen and not the stock lock.
6: Using ADB to Delete Password File
This will work only if you have already enabled USB debugging before your phone was actually got locked. Also, you have to connect your phone to a PC and allow your PC to connect via ADB.
Command prompt is then get launched in the ADB installation directory. Now type this command attribute: ADB shell rm /data/system/gesture.key and hit ENTER as it is shown in the image below:
Next, reboot your phone and the locked screen will be gone. This is temporary and hence you must immediately set a new password, PIN, pattern, or Fingerprint lock before any further reboot takes place.
Note: This is a very effective method to unlock the locked devices but it will only work if USB debugging is already enabled on the phone.
7: Crash The Lock Screen UI
This solution includes the crashing of the lock screen UI in order to access other features of the interface so that you can bypass the locked screen.
Note: This solution work only on a device running on Android 5.0 – 5.11.
So, in order to crash lock screen UI, follow the below steps:
- Tap on the emergency button once and then type 10 asterisks through the dialer.
- Copy the same and paste the asterisk on the same dialer pad again and again until and unless it stops to show the paste option.
- Next, return to the lock screen and then tap on the Camera shortcut icon and then tap on the setting option.
- This asks you to enter a password, but you have to repeat the same thing here. Just long-press and just keep on repeating the process.
- The time will come and it will crash the lock screen and hence you will be able to access the rest of the phone’s interface.
- Now you can set the new lock screen password of the phone.
These steps are useful for those users who want to know of how to bypass Android lock screen using camera.
Note: This is a very easy method and you do not need any third-party app or services. This works only for devices running on Android 5.0-5.11. And it is not the correct method to disable the lock screen.
8: How to Bypass Phone Lock Code Using Find My Device Website?
For Android phone users, there is another option called Find My Device that can help you to erase the device with help of a Google Account. This will only work when you have logged into your Google account and following this link, you will be able to access your phone.
Few users have reported that this method does not work on Android 8.0 and above, so if your phone is running on Android 7.0 or lower then it’s the best trick.
This process is done through a computer/laptop so after logging into the same account, click on the Lock option. If you don’t get this option the refresh once. When your phone is identified, it will show the device information with its name.
When you tap on the Lock option, you will be asked to enter a new password and this will replace the PIN, pattern, or password that you have used earlier. Now type a new password two times to confirm and then click on the “Lock” button.
And now the process will almost take 5 minutes to change the password and after this, you can enter any new password to unlock your phone.
How Can I Disable the Screen Lock on My Samsung Galaxy?
There are ways by which you can disable your Samsung Galaxy screen lock. It’s an easy process but you should know the complete process to disable screen lock. Follow the below steps:
- First, tap on the apps section. This is done so that you can remove any screen lock on Samsung Galaxy S4 or other devices of Samsung.
- Now go to Settings.
- After that, click on My Device.
- Then click on the Lock screen.
- Now tap on the Screen lock.
- Here you have to enter your password.
- Then click on Continue
- At last, tap on None.
- Now the screen lock has turned off completely.
How to Turn Off Security PIN?
Well, when it comes to screen security then it is either set by you or by the device administrator (app). Therefore, you can turn off the security PIN, password, and pattern or fingerprint easily. For that, you have to go to Settings > Security > Screen security.
How Can I Remove Apps from My Lock Screen?
Many users want to know how to remove apps from the lock screen. Well for this also, there are some steps, which you have to follow, and they are:
- First, go to Settings.
- Then scroll down and go to the Device section.
- Now click on the Lock screen.
- After that, select lock screen shortcuts.
- Here you have to click on the icon you wish to change a shortcut of.
- Then select applications and after that the apps.
- At last, indicate the app you want to make a shortcut.
So, you have learned numerous ways to unlock/bypass/hack/disable lock screen on Android devices. It completely depends on which services, applications or tool best serves the purpose for you to bypass lock screen on Android.
If you ask my opinion, then I would recommend the Android Lock Removal tool as it is easy to use and suits every user whether he is a newbie or a technical person. So, without wasting any more time just go for it.
If you have found this article useful and helpful, then please do not forget to share it.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.