Samsung Galaxy A12 is one of the most successful and liked Android phones. But it doesn’t mean you will not face a data loss problem with this phone. So, if you are in a similar situation and looking for ways to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A12, then this article has everything you are looking for.
Unlike old times, thanks to advanced features it is now much easier to recover lost data on phones. And when we are talking about Samsung Galaxy phone ranges, then this task becomes even more effortless.
Besides Android default backup tools, Samsung phones have additional cloud backup apps which means you have more options to backup your phone data. So, if you have lost or deleted data on the phone, then you can simply use the backup to get back deleted phone data.
But what if you don’t have a backup of your phone? Well, I have solutions for this too. In this guide, I will walk you through the different methods to recover Samsung Galaxy A12 data “with and without backup”.
So, are you all set to dig into this guide and restore missing data on Galaxy A12 phone? If yes, then let’s go ahead.
To Recover Deleted Data From Samsung Galaxy A12, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
What Causes Samsung Galaxy A12 Data Loss?
There are several reasons that may lead you to lose data on Samsung or any other Android phone. Here are all the possible causes behind data loss on phone:
- Accidentally Deleted Data: Most of the time, the data loss situation arrives when the user itself deletes the data accidentally or intentionally.
- System Failure: When the phone system fails and you no longer can access the device, then you will eventually end up losing all data on the phone. It happens when the system crashes or has any technical glitch on the phone and makes it unable to open or access the device at all.
- Damaged Phone: You will also not be able to access the phone data if the phone is damaged or the screen is broken/not working.
- Low Battery: If you are trying to share data with another device while your phone battery is low, then sudden shutdown of the device often results in losing data.
- Modifying Data Extension: You won’t be able to access the file if have changed the default extension of the file.
- Factory Reset: If you have performed the factory reset on your phone, then all data on the device will get vanished.
- Virus or Malware: Due to any reason if any virus or malware is entered into your device, then it will harm all the files present on the phone. And ultimately, you will lose the saved data on your phone. However, a good Android antivirus app can help you to remove the virus and you will be able to access the data once again.
- Corrupted or Damaged SD Card: If you have saved the data on your SD card and is damaged or broken, then you will lose all the data saved on the card.
- Faulty Apps: Sometimes, apps don’t get installed properly on the phone and as a result, you will end up losing the data.
How to Recover Samsung Galaxy A12 Data Without Backup?
If you don’t have a backup of the deleted data, then don’t worry because, with the help of the Android Data Recovery tool, you can easily recover deleted data.
Using this tool you can restore any kind of data, such as photos, videos, documents, audio, PDF files, contacts, messages, call logs, app data, etc.
So, it’s totally worth using this tool as it is very easy to use. Simply, download this software on your PC and connect your phone to restore deleted data on Samsung A12. For the rest of the instructions, you can follow the Android Data Recovery user guide.
How to Recover Deleted Data from Samsung Galaxy A12 [Using Backup]
1: Use Google Drive to Get Back Samsung Galaxy A12 Deleted Data
Google Drive is the biggest could backup tool on Android devices. Almost every Android users use this app to backup phone data. If you also have the backup of your Samsung A12 phone data on Google Drive, then you can use it to get back the deleted files.
Using the Google Drive backup, you can recover several data, like, media files, documents, PDF files, app data, call history, etc. So, if you are missing any of these files on your Samsung phone and want to get them back, then restore them from Google Drive backup.
Important Tip: Google Drive can only back up the phone data if the sync option is enabled on the device. If you don’t have the Google Drive sync enabled on your phone, you must enable it to avoid data loss situations in the future.
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone, or you can also access it on your browser. If you are using it on the browser, sign in with the same Google account you are using on your Samsung A12 phone.
- Now, go to the Files option given at the bottom of the screen.
- Here, you can see all the files backed up on the Google Drive app.
- Next, select all the files you want to recover and tap on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner.
- Select the Download option from the list.
- Finally, selected files will get restored on your Samsung Galaxy A12 phone.
2: Restore Deleted Data from Samsung Galaxy A12 Using Samsung Cloud
Besides Google Drive, all Samsung phones come with a default cloud backup service, which is Samsung Cloud. So, if you are using Samsung Cloud as the backup app on your phone and have a habit of keeps backing up your phone, you can find the deleted files here.
Here are the steps to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A12 by using Samsung Cloud backup:
- Go to the Settings of your Samsung phone.
- Tap on the Cloud and Accounts.
- Select the Samsung Cloud.
- Go to the Restore option.
- Select all the data you want to restore and tap on the Restore Now button.
3: Get Back Deleted Files on Samsung Galaxy A12 with Samsung Kies
So many Samsung users use Samsung Kies to back up their phone data. If you are also one of them and have a backup of phone data on this tool, then use the backup to restore the Samsung Galaxy A12 files.
To recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A12 with the help of Samsung Kies, follow these steps:
- First, open the Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy A12 with the computer.
- Select the Backup/Restore option on the Samsung Kies.
- Tap on the Restore button.
- Now, select the backup file.
- Click on the Next button.
- Next, select the files you want to restore and hit the Next button.
- Now, the recovery process will start.
- Once the process is completed, tap on the Complete button.
How to Recover Deleted Photos/Videos on Samsung Galaxy A12?
1: Restore Deleted Galaxy A12 Photos from Trash/Recycle Bin
The Gallery apps on Android phones come with a Recycle Bin/Trash Bin folder where it keeps the deleted videos/photos for 30 days. So that you can recover them if the file is deleted by mistake.
If you have not deleted the photos or videos permanently from the Gallery, then don’t forget to check the Recycle Bin folder. Here is how you can do this:
- Open the Gallery app on your Samsung phone.
- Tap on the hamburger icon.
- Select the Recycle Bin option.
- Now, select all the photos/videos you want to restore and tap on the Restore button.
2: Use Google Photos to Retrieve Lost Pictures from Samsung A12
Just like Google Drive, Google Photos is also a cloud backup app, but it only backs up photos and videos. So, if you have lost photos/videos on your phone, then make sure to check the Google Potos as it might have a backup of your deleted files.
But Google Photos can only backup the files if you have enabled the auto-sync option or have manually uploaded the photos/videos on it.
Now, if you have a backup on Google Photos, then follow these steps to recover deleted photos or videos on Samsung Galaxy A12:
- Open Google Photos on your phone or the browser. If you are opening it on the browser, log in using the Google account using on the phone.
- Now, search for the files you want to restore.
- Tap on the photo/video and click on the three vertical dots.
- Click on the Download button.
- Now, the photo will be restored to your device.
If you have deleted the files from Googe Photos, check the Bin folder. Google Photos keeps the deleted files in the Bin folder for the next 60 days. So, make sure to check there to restore the permanently deleted photos/videos from Google Photos.
Recover Deleted Contacts from Samsung A12 Using Google Contacts
In case of missing contacts, you can check Google Contacts to recover the lost contacts on Samsung Galaxy A12. If you had Google Contacts auto-sync was enabled before losing the contacts, you can use this app to restore deleted contacts on your phones.
- Open Google Contacts on the browser.
- Login using the Gmail account you are using on the phone.
- Click on the More option given on the left side of the screen.
- Tap on Undo Changes.
- On the pop-up screen, tap on the Confirm button.
- Go to Account > Google.
- Click on the Restore Contacts button.
- Now, deleted contacts will get restored on the Samsung Galaxy A12 phone.
How to Recover Deleted Messages/SMSs on Samsung A12?
If you are looking for ways to get back the lost SMS on Samsung Galaxy A12, then like other data it can also be restored. First, check the Google Drive backup, as it also backs up the messages.
If you couldn’t find your missing SMS there, then check other backup tools on your phone, such As Samsung Cloud and Samsung Kies.
Can’t find your lost messages anywhere? Follow our descriptive guide on How to recover deleted SMSs on Android phones.
Here, you will find several ways to retrieve deleted messages.
Restore Deleted Data from Samsung Galaxy A12 SD Card?
Samsung A12 comes with expandable storage space, which means you can use the SD card on your phone to save data on it.
But if you have lost deleted on the SD card too, then you must be wondering whether it is possible to recover data from the SD card or not. So, the answer to your question is yes it is possible to retrieve data on the external SD card.
For this, check the local backup or any other external backup where you have stored the data of the phone. If you are unable to recover data, I will suggest you go through the Android SD card data recovery guide.
Here, you will find several ways to get back the deleted data from Samsung A12 SD Card.
How to Recover Data from Broken Screen/Dead Samsung Galaxy A12 Phone?
All of the above-given methods can be followed if you are looking for restoring data on a working phone. But what if the phone is dead or has a broken screen? In these cases, you cannot access your phone and so data.
But here is some good news for you!!! You still have a good chance to get back your files from the dead or broken screen Samsung Galaxy A12 phone.
For this, you would need to look at these guides:
- Restore Data From Dead Android Phone
- Best Ways To Recover Data From Android Phone With Broken Screen
Tips to Prevent Data Loss on Samsung A12 Phone
Sometimes, data loss on the phone is not of our control, especially when it happens due to damaging the phone or a virus attack on the device. However, with precautions, you can avoid data loss on your phone.
So, below are some tips to prevent data loss on your Samsung or any other phone:
- Backup Your Phone: Keeping a backup of phone data daily is a great practice. This way, even if you lose data on the phone, the backup will help you to get them back.
- Use Antivirus Apps: There are so many instances where users lose their data due to a virus on the device. When you connect your phone to the virus-infected network or download malicious content on your device, it usually leads you to this situation. That’s why it is highly recommended to always use an antivirus app on Android phones.
- Keep Your Phone Charged: When you transfer data to another device with a low-charged phone, you may end up losing data. So, make sure to keep your phone always charged, especially when you are sharing files from your phone.
- Take Extra Care of SD Card: When the SD card gets damaged, you won’t be anymore able to access the data on the card. Hence, always be extra careful while removing or inerting the SD card to your phone.
- Use SD Card with Write Protect Feature: Always use the memory card with the “Write Protect” feature. There are so many apps available on the internet that offers the write-protect feature to the memory card.
- Avoid Connecting Over Unprotected Network: While using WiFi, we often overlook security concerns. Most password-free WiFi comes with a hidden virus. So, avoid using such networks as the virus can damage your phone along with the saved data.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Data Recovery: FAQs
1: Is it possible to recover deleted data from Samsung A12?
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted files on a Samsung Galaxy A12 phone regardless of whether you have a backup or not. But here are a few things you need to keep in mind before recovering the lost data. You must not use your phone before retrieving the files or better put your phone on Airplane mode. It is because when you deleted the data it doesn’t entirely wipe out from the phone but remains hidden unless you download any other file on the phone and it replaces the old data. That’s why unless you get back your missing files; try not to use the phone.
2: How to backup data on Samsung Galaxy A12 phone?
There are several ways to back up your phone data. You will find different cloud backup apps on Samsung A12 phones, such as Google Drive, Google Photos, Samsung Cloud, One Drive, etc. However, you can also use the 3rd part tool, Android Backup & Restore tool. Using this software you can easily back up the phone data and restore them any moment you need.
3: How do I recover deleted voicemail on Samsung Galaxy A12?
If you have lost the voicemails on your Samsung A12 phone, the follow these ways to get them back:
- Using Voicemail App (if applicable): Open the Voicemail app > tap on Menu > choose Deleted Voicemails option > now, you will see list of deleted voicemails. Then, add checkmarks to the voicemails you want to restore and tap on the Store button.
- Use Android Data Recovery Tool: If you are not using any Voicemail app, then you won’t get the above option. In this case, the best thing to do is to use the Android Data Recovery Tool. It will surely get back the deleted voicemails on your Samsung A12 phone.
4: How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Samsung Galaxy A12?
There are two ways to recover deleted WhatsApp chats on Galaxy A12. The first one and certainly the perfect way to do this is to use the Android Data Recovery tool. It is capable of restoring the lost WhatsApp messages on any Android phone. Besides, another method of doing this is by reinstalling WhatsApp on your phone. To do this, you must go through the following procedure:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it with the same number.
- While installing WhatsApp, after entering the same number, the app will check for the backup.
- Once it detects the backup, it will ask you to restore it. Now, tap on the Restore button.
- After finishing the setup procedure, you must be able to see the missing WhatsApp messages on your Samsung phone.
So, these are all the possible ways to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy A12 phone. Here, I have provided both ways to restore Samsung A12 data with or without backup.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.