Pokemon Go is known as a popular online game that has millions of users around the world playing it daily since the day it has been released. But some users are not happy with this game as it’s been a while since they are struggling with the Pokemon Go GPS signal not found error on Android.
The worst part is most users have no idea how to deal with this error. As it is very clear from the error message that the game is unable to detect the GPS signal, the players facing a hard time while playing this game.
If you are also one of these users and want to get rid of this error, then read this blog carefully as here you will get all the possible ways to fix the Pokemon Go GPS error on Android.
What Causes Pokemon GO Can’t Find GPS Issue on Android?
Following are some of the most common reasons that may lead you to this no GPS signal issue in Pokemon GO:
- If there are any device compatibility issues
- When the GPS feature is disabled on your device
- Using the VPN service and mock location app can also lead you to this issue
- If you are using any location spoofing app with this game
- Due to running the outdated version of the game
- When there is an issue with your network or using a weak internet connection
- If the game app itself has any issue
How to Fix Pokemon Go GPS Not Found Error on Android?
Go through the below-mentioned solutions to solve Pokemon Go error 11 on Android. They are effective and have proved best to get rid of it.
Solution 1: Best Way To Fix Pokemon Go GPS Signal Not Found On Android
Though all the above methods are useful and can help you to get rid of the problem. But another best way to get rid of the Pokemon Go error 11 GPS signal not found is by using the Android Repair Tool.
It has helped many users to fix other errors on Android and this is easy to use. Some of the issues it can tackle are Android phone stuck on boot loop, Apps keep crashing, Android black screen, and many others.
So, simply download the Android RepairTool, follow the instruction guide, and fix the Pokemon Go GPS signal not found error message on Android.
Solution 2: Restart Your Android Device
The very first manual solution that will help you to get rid of the Pokemon Go error 11 is by restarting your phone. This is a simple and easy solution to get rid of the error message. Restarting has the power to fix several glitches on Android phones.
Simply press and hold the Power button after which you will see the “Restart” option. Click on it and your phone will restart. Hopefully, now the error message will be resolved and you can play the game without any issue.
Solution 3: Make Sure You are Using the Compatible Device
The GPS accuracy of the Pokemon GO game largely depends on which Android device you are using to play the game. It is because if there are any compatibility issues with your device, you will face such problems.
You can check the complete list of device compatibility of this game on their official website.
Even though you are using the latest Android device, it is not sure that the device has the inbuilt GPS sensors. There are some devices that don’t come with this feature. Or, if there is a GPS sensor, it might be not strong enough to play the game in areas with a congested data network.
Solution 4: Check Whether GPS Signal Is Enabled Or Not
Many times, the GPS signal is not enabled due to which such kind of error message is seen. By default, GPS is turned off so that life of the battery can be longer.
So if the GPS signal is not enabled then follow the below steps to enable it:
- First, go to Settings on the phone and click on the Quick Settings option
- Now move down and check for the Privacy and Safety option > click on it
- After that, press on Location option
- Here ensure the Location option is switched on. If not then turn it on quickly
- Next, select Location mode
- Then, tap on GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile network. This can also be called a High Accuracy option
- And at last, whenever your phone is not connected to Wi-Fi, ensure to toggle on Wi-Fi
Remember that the game Pokemon Go uses both location and Wi-Fi network and mobile data so that GPS satellites can detect the exact location while playing a game. This is the best way to fix a GPS signal not found on Pokemon Go for Android.
Solution 5: Improve Location Scanning On Other Android Devices
- First, go to Settings on your Android phone
- Now click on Security & location
- Here, click on Location
- After that, click on Switch just next to Use Location
- Now click on the Scanning option
- Then, click on switches to allow Wi-Fi scanning along with Bluetooth scanning
- Next, click on the Back button on the top left
- Here click on App-level permissions
- Now again click on Switch beside Pokemon Go when it’s not ON.
Note that the Pokemon Go game uses local Wi-Fi (known as Assistive GPS) which is the nearest mobile network tower and GPS satellite so that you can be in the perfect place in the game.
Solution 6: Disable Mock Locations
Niantic has made so many significant advancements to the anti-cheating protocols to stop and detect spoofing and other prohibited activities. And now, the company is more capable of finding players using the VPN apps or Pokemon GO spoofing apps.
So, if you are using such apps, then the game might block the mocking location and consequently, you will get the Pokemon Go GPS Not Found 11 error on Android.
However, you can easily fix this problem by disabling the VPN app and mock location. To turn off the VPN service, simply open the app and turn it off. For disabling the mock location on Android, you need to follow these solutions:
- Drag down the notification panel > tap on the Settings icon.
- Go to the About Phone.
- Now, tap 8 times on the Build Number to enable the Developer Mode.
- Go to the Additional Settings.
- Tap on the Developer options.
- Now, go to the Debugging section and ta on the Select Mock Location App.
- Select the Nothing option.
Solution 7: Upgrade Pokemon Go App
When you continuously get the same error while playing the game then you should try to upgrade the Pokémon Go app. Might be running the old version of the app causing this error. If this is the reason in your case, then update the game.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Go to the profile icon given at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Manage apps and device.
- Go to the Updates available option.
- Here, you will get a list of all apps that need to be updated. Now, search if there is Pokémon GO on the list.
- If it is in the list, then tap on the Update button given next to it.
- Wait for the app to be updated completely.
Now, launch the app and see if the Pokémon GO error 11 GPS Signal not found has been resolved or not.
Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
When you still come across the same issue then try to reset network settings on your phone. This is yet another best way to fix the Pokemon Go GPS Signal not found error 11 on Android.
Remember that the below steps may vary from device to device:
- First, go to General Management > click on “Backup & Reset”
- Now click on “Network settings reset”
- And finally, click on “Reset Settings” option
Solution 9: Check Your Internet Connection
This error is not only related to the GPS issue because many users have confirmed that it may also happen due to a weak internet connection.
You can clearly check the game’s requirement specifications to know that this game needs a strong internet connection to run smoothly. Hence, ensure you are using a stable and fast internet connection.
If your internet is not working then you can try several tricks to fix it. Try to switch between WiFi and mobile data or you can try turning on and turning off the Airplane mode. Switching the Airplane mode on and off will refresh the connection that may resolve the error.
For this, go to the notification panel > tap on the Airplane Mode to turn it on and then tap on it again to turn it off. Now, check this method fixed the Pokemon GO GPS problem or not.
Solution 10: Close Pokemon Go App And Reload Again
You may solve this error by force closing the app and again opening it after some time. This will help you to connect to the GPS signal and you can again be in the game.
Here are the steps:
- First, go to the Home screen on your phone
- Then open a new app or can go to that area where you were searching for Pokemon Go
- Now double press the Home button to enter the multitasking screen
- Move up to Pokemon Go card
- And click on Pokemon Go again to re-enter the app
Hopefully, this will solve the error and you will get back in the game again without any error.
Solution 11: Enable Improve Location Accuracy Option
You can also fix the GPS signal not found 11 error on Pokemon GO by enabling the Improve Location Accuracy option. This option allows the device to use other information than just GPS to determine the location, such as internal sensors data.
So, even though there is an issue with the GPS, with this option, your game will still be able to detect your location. Here is how you can enable this location:
- Open the notification panel.
- Long press the Location icon.
- Go to the Google Location Accuracy.
- Here, enable the Improve Location Accuracy option.
Solution 12: Reset Location Settings
If your Pokemon GO GPS is not working, then there might be something wrong with your location settings. So, in this situation, you can also try to reset the location settings to fix this error. For this, you need to do the following:
- Open the Settings.
- Go to the Passwords & Security.
- Tap on the Location.
- Go to the WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning option.
- Enable the Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning options.
Can You Play the Pokemon GO Game Without GPS?
If you are wondering whether you can play this game without GPS or not, then the answer is yes. If you do not have the GPS on your phone, then also you can play Pokemon GO.
However, the performance of the game won’t be the same because you need to go to the areas that must have strong Wi-Fi signals, such as shops, bars, restaurants, etc.
Since this game relies on a good internet connection, it will still manage to detect the location without GPS using the Wi-Fi signal. But playing this game only with the WiFi signal won’t make you able to compete with the other strong players.
Frequently Asked Question:
Why can’t I play Pokémon GO on the rooted Android phone?
As most of the spoofing apps and cheating methods require a rooted device, the Pokémon GO developers have blocked the rooted device from playing this game. It has been done to eliminate cheating in the game. So, if you want to play this game, then you must have an unrooted device.
How can I fix Pokémon GO errors on Android?
If you are getting the Pokémon GO error codes on your Android device, then there are some basic steps that may help you in resolving these errors:
- Restart your phone
- Relaunch your game
- Clear cache and data of the game app
- Check your internet connection
- Update your game
- Reinstall the game
Why does my Pokémon GO game app keep saying unable to authenticate?
The unable to authenticate or failed to log in error on Pokémon GO appears where there is a temporary issue on the server-side or you have a poor network connection. So, make sure your internet connection is strong, and there is no problem with the server. If the server is experiencing any problem, then wait until the issue gets resolved.
Despite being a famous and successful game, you cannot expect to be error-free. In fact, there are so many Pokemon Go errors and issues users are struggling with right now. Speaking of Pokemon Go error code 11, it is one of the most faced errors among the users.
So, if you don’t want to face this error forever, then follow the solutions shared in this blog. I have discussed the best tried and tested fixes to solve Pokemon Go GPS signal not found error and hope that following them will help you to get rid of it.
Henry Morgan is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS related topics. He lives in Northern California and has almost 15 years of experience in the field of technology, tackling all kind of issues, errors or other problems. Currently he is a great contributor on Android Data Recovery Blogs and his blogs are loved by people where he guides to solve several Android related issues or any other problems. During his busy schedule, Henri finds some moments to spend time with his family and loves to play cricket.