Android devices are all about apps. But have you ever wondered what will you do if apps keep crashing on Android? Well, if you have ever faced such an issue, you must have an idea how annoying is this. However, such problems can easily be resolved by re-launching, clearing the app cache, and updating the app.
Such problems mostly occur when you have lots of apps installed on your Android phone. Too many installed apps might start conflicting and can cause Android apps stopped working, not loading, crashing, or freezing issues.
Therefore, today in this article we are going to discuss all the possible fixes to solve apps keeps crashing issue. So, let’s get started.
To Fix Apps Keep Crashing Issue on Android, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can fix Android issues such as boot loop, black screen, bricked Android, etc. in no time. Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Download this Android System Repair tool (for PC only) rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- Launch the program and select brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier & click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions & wait for repair process to complete.
Why Do My Apps Keep Crashing on Android?
Before going for the fixes, you must know the reasons first that are responsible for apps crashing or freezing.
- Outdated Android OS
- Incompatible app
- Outdated app.
- Slow internet connection.
- Low storage on your phone.
- Lack of app permissions.
So, now as you are aware of the causes, try out the below-mentioned solutions according to the cause in your scenario.
How to Fix Apps Keep Crashing Issue on Android?
Method 1: Recommended- Use Software To Fix Apps that Keeps Crashing on Android
Android apps crashing issue is not new to users, it happens very often on smart devices. But the problem manual solutions don’t work in all cases. In such situations, you need an automatic solution. Hence, it is always recommended to use the Android Repair Tool.
Apart from apps not loading issue, this tool is also able to fix several other Android issues, such as the Black screen of death error, Android Stuck on boot loop, system crashing, phone not charging, and much more.
And, the best part is it has a very easy-to-use interface which makes your work even easier. To know how it works, follow its guide.
Method 2: Restart Your Android Device
When you suffer from apps keep crashing/freezing problems then without thinking much, you should restart your device first. This will help you in fixing the apps that are crashing, as all the apps will get close.
Doing this process will make your phone free from any clogging of memory and now your device will work more smoothly.
To restart your device:
- Simply, long hold the Power button until the power menu appears.
- Now, click on the Restart option.
- Wait for your phone to reboot.
Method 3: Clear App Data and Cache
Mostly, the app crashes when it is overloaded with cache and cookies. Also, at times not clearing the cache for a long time can result in corrupting them which further causes crashing/freezing problems.
So, in case your using several apps and haven’t cleared their caches for a long time, you can come across such an issue. Here, we suggest you clear the app caches to resolve the crashing problem on Instagram, WhatsApp, HBO Max, etc.
- Click on Settings > Apps.
- Tap on the app.
- Go to the Storage.
- Then, tap on the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
Method 4: Reset Your App
You may also fix the apps that keep crashing on Android issues by resetting the app. Many Android users have tried this trick and successfully managed to fix the error. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Click on the Settings icon in the notification panel.
- Tap on the Apps.
- Select the app which is facing this issue and click on it.
- Go to Storage > tap on the Clear Data and Clear Cache button.
- Then, go back to the App info page and tap on the Force Stop button.
- Now, close all the tabs opened on your phone.
- Launch the app and see if it is working or not.
Method 5: Check the Internet Connection
Many times, your Android apps are crashing because of an interrupted internet connection on your phone. So, if your device is getting a poor network, your apps may crash.
Therefore, check your connection. You can check your internet speed through SpeedTest. If found unstable, troubleshoot the internet may not be available or connection problem by following the below instructions.
- Check your Data usage. If exceeded the daily limit boost your current plan with an add-on data pack.
- In case using a mobile network, switch to Wi-Fi or vice versa.
- Use a wired connection in case of a wireless one.
- Place the router or other source device nearer to the client device.
- Restart the source device or re-establish the connection for a stable and strong connection.
Method 6: Check For Your Device Storage
If you have a stable connection and the app has no issue itself, then there is one more possible reason that may cause apps keep stopping error on Android which is not having enough storage space on the device.
To check the available storage space on your android phone, you can follow this method:
- Click on Settings > About Phone.
- Tap on the Storage.
- Here, you can see the Total Storage Space and Available Storage Space on your Android smartphone.
If it is less than 100 MB, then you need some cleaning. Free up the Storage space to avoid this error or any other insufficient storage available issue on your Android phone.
Method 7: Ensure to Allow Required App Permissions
If the Android apps are crashing, you may need to check granted permissions to the app in the Android Settings. All apps need certain permissions to perform flawlessly.
However, if it is missing any permission, you must grant it. To check whether the app is missing any required permission, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap on the app that is crashing.
- Click on the App Permissions option.
- Grant permissions to the app.
Method 8: Update Your Android Phone
Most of the time, the apps stop working on Android because of outdated system software. So, you can update your Android phone with the latest version to fix several bugs or issues.
It won’t only boost the apps to perform smoothly but also introduce new features and security patches to the phone.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to the About Phone.
- Click on the System Update.
- Now, check whether your device is missing any new updates.
- If there is an update available for your Android device, tap on the Download Update button.
- After completing the update process, restart your phone and check if the app is working or not.
Method 9: Update the App
Keeping your apps up to date is very important because this can help you to fix any issue like Android apps freezing or crashing. Developers always try to give their users a better experience of all apps without any complications.
So whenever any update comes to your apps then don’t forget to update to fix the issue. To update the apps, follow the steps:
- Launch Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Click on the Profile Icon.
- Go to Manage apps & device.
- Tap on the Updates Available.
- Here, check if your app is on this list or not. If it is, tap on the Update button given next to it.
- You can also click on the Update All button to update all the installed apps on your device in one go.
Method 10: Reinstall the App
In some cases, a few apps won’t install properly on your device which can be the reason for the app crashing problem. If this is the issue then you should reinstall the apps.
For that, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the App icon on your Android Home screen.
- Long press the icon and select App info.
- Click on the Uninstall option and tap on Uninstall again for final confirmation.
- After uninstalling the app, wait for a few minutes and again reinstall the apps by visiting Google Play Store.
Method 11: Uninstall the Problematic App
If you tried the above-given troubleshooting steps, but the app is still crashing frequently, maybe a buggy or incompatible app on your phone is likely conflicting with the system software and causing this problem.
So, if you have recently installed any app and then started getting this issue, remove that problematic app from your device. Or, if you are not sure which app is the real culprit, try rebooting your phone in safe mode.
It will restart the phone with the default apps and disable all third-party apps. This way you can easily find out if this is the reason behind this problem. To do this:
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Leave the button once you see the Power options menu on the screen.
- Now, tap and hold down the Power Off option until you see the Safe Mode popup box.
- You will be prompted to confirm if you want to reboot your in safe mode. Tap on the OK button.
- After restarting the phone, you can see the Safe Mode at the bottom of your screen.
Now, check if the problem persists. If not, then one of the third-party apps was the real culprit. Find out that app and remove it to fix the Android apps keep crashing problem.
Method 12: Wipe Cache Partition
Clearing the wipe cache partition will help you to remove any issues on android like junk files or those files, which are temporarily stored. You can delete all unwanted files or data easily by deleting the cache partition. For that:
- First, start your Android phone in recovery mode.
- Now, on the screen, you can see several options.
- Here, select the Wipe Cache Partition option. Use the Volume Up or Down buttons to navigate through the options and the Power button to select the option.
- After completing the process, restart your phone.
Method 13: Perform Factory Reset
When not all the above methods work then you can try this last step to fix the problem. Factory reset is the step, which will delete all your data from your device including apps, settings, files, etc.
So, before doing this process, don’t forget to back up all your Android data in a safe place. Then, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Tap on the Backup & Reset.
- Click on the Erase all data (Factory Reset).
- Then, tap on the Delete all data button.
Bonus Tips: Avoid Apps Keep Crashing on Android Issue
Android users may face this issue anytime but there are some ways to avoid such conditions to occur. Following them can help you to stay away from app crashes problem. Some of them include:
- Don’t install too many apps on your device
- Always clear your cache data and App data
- Also, make sure all your apps are up to date including your device software.
So, as you can see there are several ways to deal with the apps not working or keeps crashing issues on Android devices. After following these methods you must be able to resolve this problem on your smartphone.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.