Instagram is a worldwide popular social media app that connects people around the world. Hence, it comes with a feature that won’t allow a message to drop on your inbox that comes from unknown or random people or who are not on your friend list on Instagram. Rather, it hides those messages somewhere. But, if you want to see such messages, you can use your Professional account or check the Message Requests section to see them. However, read the complete blog to know how to see hidden messages on Instagram.
Here, we have discussed some of the methods that will help you to find those hidden messages on Instagram.
To recover deleted Instagram messages, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool will recover lost, deleted, inaccessible data from any data loss situations in no time. Now recover your lost and deleted data in just 3 easy steps:
Is It Possible to See Hidden Messages on Instagram?
Well, the messages from unknown or strangers do not drop on your inbox directly due to security & protection purposes but they appear somewhere. So, the answer is Yes, it is possible to see hidden messages on Instagram.
How to See Hidden Messages on Instagram?
Well, if you got some hidden messages and you are wondering how to find hidden message on Instagram, follow the below methods to see hidden messages on the Instagram app.
Method 1: Using Professional Account
If you are a regular Instagram user then you must be aware that Instagram account is of two types. One is professional and the other one is normal. Further, the professional account provides you with two sub-message sections which are Primary and General. The general section is the place where you can see all your hidden messages.
So, if you are using your usual account then t is suggested to switch your account to professional. By doing this, you can easily check hidden messages on Instagram app. For, this you need to follow the below-guided instructions:
- Launch your Instagram app and log into your account.
- Next, click on the Profile icon in the below right corner.
- On the profile icon page, click the burger icon at the top right side.
- Now, go for the option Settings.
- Then, click on the Account option to open it.
- Here, you will find the option to switch your account to Profession, scroll down to the bottom and select Switch to Professional account.
- Once selected, you’ll be asked a few questions stating what to add more to your professional account. Go with the continue option and after a while, you’ll be done with switching your account.
- Now, once you are on a Professional account, revisit the home page and tap the Direct message icon.
- Here, select the General option and click on Hidden requests. Now all the hidden messages will appear.
Method 2: See Hidden Messages on Instagram via Message Requests
The Message Requests section includes normal messages from a random stranger but doesn’t contain spam, unlike the Profession account. So, in order to read hidden messages on Instagram, you need to follow the guidelines below as mentioned:
- Launch the Instagram app or open it on the browser.
- Then, click on the Direct message icon on the top-right side.
- Select the Requests option to see all the message requests you receive from random people.
Method 3: Disable the “Hide Message Request” Option
Another option to see hidden messages is by disabling the hidden message requests option. Doing, this will drop all the messages on your Direct message inbox including spam or message requests from a random person. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Click on the Profile.
- Next, tap the hamburger icon.
- And go for Settings> Privacy.
- On the next appeared page, click on the “Messages” option.
- Next, click the option “Others on Instagram”.
- Finally, unmark the option “Don’t receive requests”.
How to Manage Hidden Messages on Instagram?
To manage your hidden messages on the Instagram app, follow the guidance below:
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
- Next, click the DM icon on the top right side.
- Now, click on the Requests option and then select Hidden Messages.
- Here you will find all the message requests sent to you by random users. Next, follow the below guidelines as per your preference.
- To Delete: Click on the Delete option and again select delete for final confirmation.
- To Block: Select the Block option and follow the screen guide to block the message request of the particular user.
- To Accept: Tap on Accept option and the message will move to your primary message folder.
You can also find further instructions on managing Instagram hidden messages on Instagram’s help page.
What If You Can’t Find Hidden Direct Messages on Instagram?
If you are expecting a message from someone who is not on your friend list but you not finding the messages in any of the above mentioned sections, it might be because you didn’t receive it yet.
Also, here we suggest you check your device’s internet connection as sometimes because of a bad internet connection we receive messages late.
You can also go for checking the Don’t receive requests option. You must have this option disabled to receive direct messages on Instagram.
How Do I Hide Chats on Instagram App?
You can hide your secret conversations on Instagram whenever and anytime you want. You just have to follow the quick steps below to do so:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Next, click on the DM icon in the upper-right corner.
- Now, open a chat you want to hide.
- Once the chat is opened, click the three dots icon at the top-right side and select the “Hide this chat” option.
Reduce Unwanted Messages on Instagram App
If you don’t want unnecessary messages in your inbox then limit your audience. By limiting your audience your posts or stories will be visible to only a selected limited audience. This will not let random users or strangers see your posts and stories thereby reducing spam or unwanted messages on your Instagram.
Below are the instructions to do so:
- Launch the Instagram
- Next, go to Profile and select hamburger
- Click on Settings>Privacy.
- Now, switch Account Privacy to Private Account.
Also read: Remove Instagram Shadowban on Android
Best Method To Recover Deleted Direct Messages on Instagram
In case during the process, you somehow delete your Instagram chat messages then you can use our professional Android Data Recovery Tool to get back the deleted Direct Messages on Instagram.
Use this tool to easily retrieve deleted Instagram chats on Android. Apart from this, the tool is also used for recovering Android data. The data includes contacts, photos, videos, text messages, audio files, call logs, WhatsApp chats, and many more. There is no technical knowledge required to use this tool and you can easily recover Instagram direct messages.
Therefore without any worry, simply Download Android Data Recovery and Instagram chat recovery on Android.
Steps to Follow for How To Retrieve Deleted Instagram Messages From Android Phone
Receiving random messages might sometimes give you the chance to connect with more or new people on Instagram. Therefore, in this blog, we have covered all the possible methods or ways to let you see the hidden messages on the Instagram app.
I hope, the blog comes out purposeful and your question on how to see hidden messages on Instagram got well answered.
Harjeet is a professional blogger who loves to write blogs about Android & iOS-related topics. She dedicated her 2+ years in the technology field, tackling all kinds of issues, errors and other problems. Currently, she is contributing to Android Data Recovery Blogs to guide users to solve several Android-related issues or any other problems. Before working for Android Data Recovery, she freelanced for various sites. Apart from writing, Harjeet is a music lover and fond of reading books.