Have you locked your Android device and now you are facing a problem in unlocking it? Looking for ways that can help you to unlock Android phone password without factory reset?
If your answer is ‘YES’ then you have landed in right place.
Not only you but there are several users who have experienced such problems and want to know how to unlock Android phone password without factory reset?
So today, just to help you out and several other Android users, I have come up with some best guides or you can say best methods that can help you to unlock Android phone without factory reset.
So simply read below but before going to the methods directly, let us know about the Android phone password and how it works.
Generally, if we talk about phone passwords, it is used to protect your device from access by other people and as a way to protect your data and files from it. You can try anyway to unlock your device like pattern, password, PIN, etc.
Though it is helpful in several ways it has risks too. Risk in the sense that if you forget the password or pattern of the lock then you will be nowhere because you will not be able to access your device.
This is a critical situation, which should be solved immediately, right? So, there are ways which can help you to get out of it and that is by doing a factory reset.
Many of them try this method because they think this is the best and safe method. But what about your data that is stored on the device? Doing factory reset can erase your data completely, so what to do next?
Unlocking Android phone password without factory reset can be easily done but how? Some useful methods are listed below that can help you to find out how to unlock any phone password without factory reset successfully.
To Unlock Android Phone Without Factory Reset, we recommend this tool:
This effective tool can remove lock screen with PIN, pattern, password and fingerprint quite easily. Now bypass Android locked screen in just 3 easy steps:
How to Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset [Video Tutorial]
How to Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset?
Method 1: Use Third-Party Tool to Unlock Android Pattern Lock
After trying all the above methods, if you still failed to figure out how to unlock Android phone pattern lock without factory reset, then you should go for using a third-party tool like Android Phone Unlocker.
Using this software will help you to remove your Android phone password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint, or any such kind of phone lock ways.
It works to remove any lock pattern without any data loss and it works for every Android device including Samsung devices. This can unlock your device without doing a factory reset and is one of the best ways to unlock your Android phone.
So whenever you find yourself in such a critical situation, don’t forget to Download Android Lock Screen Removal and solve how to unlock forgotten pattern without losing data.
How to Unlock Any Phone Password Without Losing Data / Factory Reset [Step by Step Guide]
- Part 1. Unlock Android lock screen using Standard Mode
- Part 2. Unlock Android lock screen using Advanced Mode
Part 1: Unlock Android lock screen using standard mode
Step 1: Connect your Android device
First install and launch Android Unlock on your computer and click on 'Screen Unlock'.
Now connect your Android device to your computer with the help of USB cable and click on 'Unlock Android Screen' option.
Step 2: Select device model
The recovery package for different phone models is different, therefore it is very important that you must select the correct phone model. In the list, you can find all the supported device models.
Step 3 - Enter into Download Mode
To get Android device into Download Mode, follow the below mentioned instruction:
- Switch OFF the phone.
- Press Power button + Home button and Volume Down button all together at the same time.
- Now finally press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Download Recovery Package
Once you enter into download mode, it will start to download the recovery package. Just wait for download to get complete.
Step 5 - Remove Android Device Screen Lock Without Losing Data
After the download of recovery package is finished, tap on 'Remove Now'. Doing this process will not delete any data from Android phone
When entire process is over, now you can use your Android phone without password and can preview all the data on phone without any limit
Part 2: Unlock Android lock screen using advanced mode
If you fail to find your device model from the list then you should select Advanced mode to remove lock screen on Android.
NOTE- This process may delete data from phone
Step 1: Choose second option (advanced mode).
Here you should choose second option mentioned 'I can't find my device model from the list above'
Now Android Unlock will prepare lock screen removal
When configuration file is finished, tap on 'Unlock Now'
Step 2: Enter into Recovery mode
Here you should boot your device into Recovery mode.
Steps are as follow for Android phone with Home button:
- First, turn off Android phone first
- Then long press Volume Down + Power button to restart
- After screen turns black, press Volume Up + Home + Power button instantly for few seconds
- Now release all buttons when logo appears
Steps are as follow for Android phone without Home button:
- Switch off your Android phone, when you are asked to enter lock screen password then long press Volume Down + Power buttons to force restart
- Now when screen turns black, long press Volume Up + Bixby + Power for sometime
- After that, release all buttons when logo is seen on phone screen
Step 3: Bypass Android lock screen
Once Recovery mode is activated, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to delete phone settings
After some time, the lock screen will be removed from Android phone
Method 2: Unlock Android Phone Password Using Google Account
After trying several times, if you still can’t unlock Android phone password without factory reset, then you can use Google Account for it.
What you have to do is, you have to access the Google account that the device is linked with and then follow the steps:
- Only you have to try the unlock pattern 5 times and trying the sixth time will state a message to try after 30 seconds.
- You will see “forgot pattern” on the bottom of the screen
- Here you have to provide the Gmail account that is linked with the device and then click “Next” option.
- That’s all, here you can now provide any new pattern or PIN to unlock your device that you remember
This is the first method that you can try. But there are many users who don’t use a Gmail account and in this case, if they forget the phone password then they should move further and try other methods.
Method 3: How to Unlock Any Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset Using Android Device Manager
Previously Android device manager, now known as “Find My Device” is the best use for locating the device when it is lost or stolen.
Besides this, it can also be used to ring or lock your device. If you have ever used this feature then you might have noticed that it gives three options, “Ring”, “Lock”, and “Erase”.
Only you have to login into your Google account that is linked with the device and further, follows these steps and you are all set to bypass Android lock screen without factory reset:
- Visit www.google.com/android/find on any android device or on PC and then sign in to your Google account. Then select the Android device you want to unlock
- Select the ‘lock’ option from three options you get after selecting the device
- A new pop-up window will appear from which you can set a new password for your device. Also you can add an optional phone number or recovery email.
- Now confirm it, go to your locked device, and enter the password that you have set now.
Method 4: Use Backup PIN to Unlock Password of Android Phone
This is yet another option that can help you to unlock your phone without a password and without factory reset. One thing you might have noticed is that when you have enabled pattern lock on your device then one security PIN was also asked at that time.
So if you cannot unlock your device then you have the option to Backup PIN that can help you to unlock your device. For that, follow the below steps:
- Go to Android pattern lock
- After trying several times, you will get a message to try after 30 seconds
- There you will see the option “Backup PIN”, click on it
- Here enter the backup PIN and the OK
- At last, entering the backup PIN can unlock your device
Method 5: How to Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password Without Factory Reset?
There are many Samsung users who face this type of problem and they cannot access their devices. If you are a Samsung user, and if you want to unlock your device then try the “Find My Mobile” option to get out of the situation. For that, you should have a Samsung account.
After that follow the below steps and unlock Android phone without losing data using Find My Device:
- Visit findmymobile.samsung.com and sign in with your Samsung account
- Select the ‘Lock my screen’ option in the left corner > enter a new PIN in the space provided and then hit on the LOCK option. After a few seconds, the password will be changed to the new password and your device will be unlocked.
I hope after following the above steps you finally got the answer of how to unlock Samsung phone forgot password without losing data and now you can access your phone.
Method 6: Unlock Android Phone Pattern Without Factory Reset Using ADB
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is also used to unlock Android phone passwords without factory reset. But one thing you should also know is that it is a time-consuming method and a little bit complicated compared to other methods.
But you can try this and can unlock the phone password. So follow the below steps:
- First, you have to download ADB on your system. For this, you have to go to the Android developer’s site https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html
- After that, launch the installer and download important packages on your system
- Here you have to connect your device to the system via a USB
- To do this, you have to go to Settings > About Phone > click on the “Build Number” option seven times and it will enable the developer option on your device
- After that go to Settings > Developer options and switch on USB debugging
- Now after your device is connected to the system, launch the command prompt in the installation directory on your respective ADB
- After that type the command “adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key” and then press enter
- At last, simply restart your device and access it as usual.
How to unlock Android phone with Google account?
Follow the steps to unlock Android phone with Google account using ADM:
- First, open com/android/device manager on the computer or even from a mobile phone
- Now sign in with your Google login details used in your locked phone
- Now in the ADM interface, select the device that you want to unlock and choose “Lock”
How to unlock any phone password without losing data?
You can unlock your Android phone password without losing data by using a professional tool. One such tool is Android Unlock which allows you to unlock phone passwords without losing data. This tool is very much effective and can unlock any type of Android phone password, PIN, pattern, face lock, etc.
How to unlock LG phone forgot password without losing data?
There are ways to unlock LG phone password by following some useful ways. You can take the help of a professional tool like Android Unlock. Or you can follow the manual methods like ADB command, using Google account, via custom recovery (SD card required) or you can do a factory reset to unlock LG phone completely.
Well, locking an Android phone is a common thing just to avoid access to your device from a third person. However not remembering the phone password is a common scenario that forces users to think about how to remove Android phone forgotten password.
Therefore trying all the above methods mentioned in this blog will help you to get out of the problem hopefully. Apart from the methods, trying Android Lock Screen Removal would be the best to unlock your device without doing a factory reset.
James Leak is a technology expert and lives in New York. Previously, he was working on Symbian OS and was trying to solve many issues related to it. From childhood, he was very much interested in technology field and loves to write blogs related to Android and other OS. So he maintained that and currently, James is working for androiddata-recovery.com where he contribute several articles about errors/issues or data loss situation related to Android. He keeps daily updates on news or rumors or what is happening in this new technology world. Apart from blogging, he loves to travel, play games and reading books.